Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 233337383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: So how is everyone doing?

For some reason all I think of when I see Leeza is that time she closed my welcome thread!

True, I made my Welcome thread like, 3-5 years after I actually joined, but that's beside the point.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hi NeoCracker.

I'd close it again, if I could.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone should open it back up, bump it to the top and immediately close it again.

What, I'm stlll here?
    That "other" site

It's like Tickle Me Elmo, except cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You better still be here.

I understand there are a few stragglers that might still pop in Some have been slacking off while others have just now got in touch, so here's hoping.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    I'm still way back, but I want to post a few things. Maybe I'll edit this after I finish reading this thread. How did I have the patience for these old threads? It's like fourteen conversations going on around you and you're supposed to keep them all straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I'm just scared. A lot of people here remember a very different and much stupider young me.
    I understand this feeling exactly. I am often aware (and, unfortunately, often reminded) of my worst traits that I exhibited, not only on here, but that were going on simultaneously while I was on here. I remember a lot of events at that time I wish I could undo, or fix, or replace with something more positive, but that's the way of life, isn't it?

If I could, I would nuke Usenet and maybe this place too, and geocities and the Internet Archive and everything on the net just to wipe out a few inconsequential stupidities of my dumb youth.

oh jesus christ like that one thread where Rydia posted some art and i kept on posting a new adoring message like i'd had amnesia and i thought it was funny at the time but in retrospect it came off as really smurfing creepy

or really early, over a smurfing decade ago when I posted with a RED COPPERPLATE GOTHIC font

Just let me say that whatever I did, whatever I said, whatever happened, I am so sorry about it all, and let's just forget about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nait, don't say stuff like that - you remain one of the funniest if not THE funniest member to have ever graced EoFF I miss your humour immenseley, and I know others do too. I have a bunch of old LJ entries (mostly locked these days after certain events in the past) that feature you in them that I still look back at fondly for a giggle.

EDIT: Although I'll agree the red gothic font was terrible. Luckily there's only one dork who still uses coloured font these days and it just mostly serves as an excuse to not read his posts half the time.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    Hi NeoCracker.

I'd close it again, if I could.
    Now you people may finally understand why I kept nominating and voting Leeza for Evilest Member every year. She was a bloodthirsty tyrant who crushed your soul with a smile on her face. She enjoyed it!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It's weird for me. I've never been away from EoFF. I've been an active, regular member for over 10 years. And I look back at EoFF in say, 2003, and all my best friends from then (EXCEPT DENMARK who only recently came back!) are gone. Then I look at the little crews and cliques I was part of in 2005, or 2007, or whatever, and there's only a handful of us left from then too. Yet despite losing all those wonderful people and drifting apart from them, there's still people here I have so much time and respect for. 2013 EoFF is totally different from 2003 EoFF but I couldn't tell you when the change happened. It's still home.

This place does mean more to me than I can say, and the connections and memories I've made through it will last forever. Thank you to anyone who was a part of it. Even if we weren't friends friends, you still see someone's posts every day and you feel close to them to some extent, even if you've not properly talked to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by m4tt View Post
    I also feel like I took my Cid's Knight "job" way too seriously sometimes which cause me to miss out on a lot of fun at this place. I like to think that I've always been a pretty nice person, but man was I a dick sometimes.
    Other side of the coin, sorry for being a no good troublemaking punk. I think I once had a moan about you telling me off for something. Having done the moderator job for almost seven years now (time. smurfing. flies) I know what it's like from the other side and how frustrating having someone do that can be, so sorry.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nait! Please don't ever leave again!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Luckily there's only one dork who still uses coloured font these days and it just mostly serves as an excuse to not read his posts half the time.
    I can think of at least two. You're slipping, BoB!

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

How could I have ever left, when I was still here...

*points*

in your heart?

Sidenote, I have no idea who you are.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Bleys.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We were lj friends, chatted on AIM for years, and had many adventures in #eoff. You know who I am, darnit!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Ahaha Nait oh man. I still remember your fantastic full name and the time I wrote a bizarre YMCA parody about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Ahaha Nait oh man. I still remember your fantastic full name and the time I wrote a bizarre YMCA parody about it.
    i remember being personally confused/uninformed over the order of the middle two names, but thinking about it brings back the names to me. the brain is a weird thing.