Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13232728293031323334353637383943 ... LastLast

Thread: So how is everyone doing?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lies, there are no cool people on reddit, because it is literally the worst place on the Internet.

Edit: Oh yeah there's a question. I'm mostly active here at Something Awful, though the latter is a bit too big for me to keep track of more than a handful of threads. There's plenty of places I go to look at stuff or get stuff - 4chan, the Paradox forums, the Dorf Fort wiki and forums - but only the two I'm really active at anymore, especially since /v/ was overrun with people born in the 1990s.

You get out of Reddit what you put into it. I'm pretty active on it, but avoid the mind numbing parts for obvious reasons.

I keep active there, as well as Twitter. And now, EoFF again.

God, I missed you guys. I spent so much time here, learned so much. Grew pretty much into who I am today thanks to you all. I love what you helped me be! All the good memories. I'm so happy to see everyone here.
    --It's me!--

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflare View Post
    God, I missed you guys. I spent so much time here, learned so much. Grew pretty much into who I am today thanks to you all. I love what you helped me be! All the good memories. I'm so happy to see everyone here.
    This pretty much sums up my position as well.

This place is definitely a different thing than it was for me 10-15 years ago, but it doesn't change the fact that I needed it and it was a huge part of my life at one point. It was also probably a hindrance on me, as instead of going to high school football games or playing basketball, I was eager to get home and log on to EoFF. Probably not the most healthy priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    This pretty much sums up my position as well.

This place is definitely a different thing than it was for me 10-15 years ago, but it doesn't change the fact that I needed it and it was a huge part of my life at one point. It was also probably a hindrance on me, as instead of going to high school football games or playing basketball, I was eager to get home and log on to EoFF. Probably not the most healthy priorities.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Blasphemy! Obviously EoFF was the best priority to have. EDIT: In response to Cid.

EoFF has been the only forum I visit for a few years now, ever since the end of GHF (). I don't have nearly the time or energy to spend on forums like I did 12-13 years ago, when I posted heavily at multiple forums. This and Facebook is really the limit of my e-social life nowadays.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really go to other forums much anymore. I've tried a bunch, but none of them has grabbed me like EoFF has. Though, nowadays, I've been tweeting and tumbling like a mofo. Oh and a bunch of other things too. Like Drawception!

I'm also responsible for maintaining #EyesonFF and the Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ogre Umaro
    "That guy had the bromance version of what I had with you, but we actually ended up having sex and getting married." -My Wife to Shoe
    As the great philosopher J. Bieber once wrote, "Never Say Never."

You get out of Reddit what you put into it. I'm pretty active on it, but avoid the mind numbing parts for obvious reasons.

I keep active there, as well as Twitter. And now, EoFF again.

Agreed on the Reddit thing but the derp is really starting to bleed even into some of my favorite subs. It's into Eternal September mode now.

Blog Entries

I only go to the GW2 forums and my server forums besides here.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Other forums don't have you guys. So not much point.

Seriously, folks here are what got me through some really bad years. I don't know where I'd be without BOU, Teek, Scottie, Britt, Cid, Unne, Bleys, and others I am probably forgetting. It was damned good luck that I ended up here 14 years ago. There's just something special about this place.
    Popping up like a psychotic jack-in-the-box to get the Oldbies off their rocking chairs on the EoFF Assisted Living Home's porch >=D

Man. Reading through this thread makes me realize how I never really got to know any of you, and nobody really knew me!
    This.

As for forums, I go to several other forums, mostly lurking. It's an odd mix of forums though; craft forums, math/statistics forums, saltwater reef tank forums, etc.

Blog Entries

Wow.. This thread has made me all sentimental. Thanks BoBBo..

Oh, any my EoFF baby is 6 years old now.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Okay, Bob. Seriously. How many people have married or had children due to EoFF?

On another note, what terrible things have happened due to EoFF?

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    I never even touched Diablo III to be honest, and I've been playing MtG as well. The Return to Ravinca set is awesome, but I haven't picked up any of Gate Crash yet. I'm a lame panda.
    I got a bunch of Gatecrach cards, looking at making a WUG deck with Master Biomancer, and blink effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Great to see you, Giga Guess. You, Kirobaito, and SomethingBig--who I'd love to see in this thread as well--were the first people to welcome me here when I joined. You helped make the forum and #eoff inviting, so thanks for that.
    I...am happy to know I left such a positive impression. You kinda just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I'm also curious just to pose a general question to everyone: do you find time to attend other forums, or is EoFF just about your last stop of forum-going in an age that's really social media focused? Just wonderin'
    I have really slipped off the radar here at EoFF. I guess it's something to do with my interest shifting from Final Fantasy. I'm likely gonna buy Lightning Returns, but frankly...I'm doing it less because I *WANT* to, and more because the ending of FFXIII-2 left a REAL sour taste in my mouth, and I do hope to get a somewhat positive ending off of it.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    Okay, Bob. Seriously. How many people have married or had children due to EoFF?

On another note, what terrible things have happened due to EoFF?
    To some, that might be the same question.

Not to me of course.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

This thread reminds me of being 13-years old and for some inexplicable reason being terribly intimidated by General Chat and instead opting to hide in the Final Fantasy XI forum and Writer's Corner.