Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20303435363738394041424344454650 ... LastLast

Thread: So how is everyone doing?

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    I have to say that I am very proud of everyone here. EoFF is made up of some of the best human beings in the world. Over the years, and especially after being made a CK and then later an Admin, I got to think of all of you as my 'EoFF internet kids'. Of course some of you are before even my time here and don't know who I am. However, it is now awesome to see how you've all ended up 12 years later. Still some of the best human beings in the world with kids of your own, contributing to society, etc., etc. Love you all. I had a great time here. You're all good people.
    Whoa! Hey, Leeza, how's it going, babe?

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Quote Originally Posted by Asorie View Post
    I think it's hard for a lot of us to reconnect with people we used to be really close to, even when the parting was on good terms, for some of the same reasons you go by a different name now -- we're all different people than we were five or ten or fifteen years ago, to a greater or lesser extent.....

This is how I think of it sometimes -- some of these people, here, and some who aren't here now, but with whom I have reconnected in other ways, saw me as the least likable version of myself I can thus far recall having been. And even before I had had a chance to learn equanimity, or tact, or break out of the tiny little backwards world I had grown up in, even at my most mercurial, insecure, and least stable, they were still my friends. I could come here and have silly, carefree fun, and also have real conversations about things that actually mattered, and no one would bounce me out the door for being the pathetic teenager I was.

So think about all that and consider that this many years later, some of that still exists -- there are still people who, no matter how much you may cringe thinking of your past self, remember you fondly enough to say, "Hey, where's ____?" and notice if you're missing.
    There are so many people here that I was so close to 13 years ago when I joined and was really active and a great many of us have fallen out of touch for various reasons throughout the years; some the typical growing apart and others in a more heart rending fashion. But, the important thing to me, especially now that I've looked back at some of my old posts and had a serious case of "Wow, who let me type like that?" and "Man, I was one annoying teenager.", is that when I WAS that annoying, depressed kid who I barely remember being - they liked me anyway.

This place really helped me get through some of the hardest points in my admittedly short life this far. The people I met and was close to (and those I still am) really cared about that insecure, whiny kid with the horrendous habit of Internet speaking and gave me a place to come throw that weight off, make friends and have a laugh. This was (and still seems to be) a pretty tight knit community and that's just not something I think you find on the Internet these days.

For my part, I've been married for nearly 5 years with no rugrats to speak of *phew*. Still making art and blogging, still gaming though admittedly not as often as I used to. Moved to the South and am enjoying the seemingly subtropical weather they refer to as "Winter" down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
    Hey!!! I am glad to see that you're here
    Gosh it's been such a long time. I'm so nostalgic to my early days here...some...12 years ago. I'm still not a day over 18 though!
    Glad to see you too! We really fell out of touch huh? Good thing we both haven't aged at all... Disregard everything I said above! :-P

How on earth have you been??

Quote Originally Posted by Mikztsu View Post

It's just that you feel nostalgic. I've browsed around and there seems to be nice and great people here, with similar topics and such! It still feels like EoFF, it still is EoFF. But still not the same in sense, because people in this topic really made the EoFF my EoFF, not the Fora itself of course. I think I've overstayed my visit already, but can't help but coming back check general chat and this topic at least past few days. Really enjoyed random #EoFF chatting. Something I can do when I'm on nightshift ( and I usually do at least two of them per week)

Been positively surprised so many "old" peeps has taken time from their lives and come post here, at least that one post showing that you still care.
    That sums up exactly how I feel too. It's really the people more than the place. I stopped by partly out of nostalgia and partly because Raf asked so nicely! I definitely did and do care about this place and the folks here and think I always will. This really was such an important part of my formative adult years, which I doubt anyone outside of EoFF would understand, that it will always have a place in my heart.

And I keep coming back to keep reading too, because it's really and truly awesome to see how everyone's doing all these years later. And to reconnect with some long lost friends.

I'm happy to see that for the most part, we all turned out ok!

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

Oh, oops, that hasn't been updated for a long time

Blog Entries

Man, seeing all these names brings back memories eh?

Actually...I'm pretty sure I was talking about a bunch of you in chat not long ago. Bringing up the "lol i miss these people" conversations with Proto.

It's weird that thirteen years ago, this site and a lot of people were such a big part of my life. I was a 14 year old kid, addicted to the internet and video games. And now, as those thirteen years have passed, everyone has grown up and apart it seems. People are moving, getting married, having lives, etc. It's awesome to see.

TL;DR:

Hi everyone!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rocko View Post
    Wow the nostalgia on this thread keeps growing and growing!
    oh my god ROCKO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST MILLION YEARS

Somebody find Dingo Jellybean. Get on it. Track him down.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I feel like a lot of folks I still see on Facebook or even on AIM. BUT, whoa, Shoeberto/Stu! How have you been doing? I miss seeing you abouts!

I'm also curious just to pose a general question to everyone: do you find time to attend other forums, or is EoFF just about your last stop of forum-going in an age that's really social media focused? Just wonderin'
    Ever since I stopped coming here I've been a mod/admin at a Touhou forum. I'm not so active there as I used to be, but I do spend most of my time on IRC with my friends there. It's all good.

Other than that, I'm on tumblr a lot. Good times.

Blog Entries

^

Hah! The only other forum I'm really active on other than EoFF just so happens to also be a Touhou forum.

Anyway, this thread sure has a lot of returning oldbies. It's like a nostalgia invasion! =O

Edit: ...this thread need more Trumpet Thief and Tasty Pies! (unless I somehow missed them)

Edit 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess View Post
    Been doing well, Cim, chipping at Diablo 3 when the mood strikes, been playing MtG...yerself?
    I never even touched Diablo III to be honest, and I've been playing MtG as well. The Return to Ravinca set is awesome, but I haven't picked up any of Gate Crash yet. I'm a lame panda.
    There are few things like MtG drafts with friends. And Gatecrash is just as awesome as RtR. Obzedat, Ghost Council = totally boss and one of my new fav cards ever. It can dominate so many controll matchups.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-12-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Somebody find Dingo Jellybean. Get on it. Track him down.
    yes please

too bad this is literally impossible

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's weird for me. I've never been away from EoFF. I've been an active, regular member for over 10 years. And I look back at EoFF in say, 2003, and all my best friends from then (EXCEPT DENMARK who only recently came back!) are gone. Then I look at the little crews and cliques I was part of in 2005, or 2007, or whatever, and there's only a handful of us left from then too. Yet despite losing all those wonderful people and drifting apart from them, there's still people here I have so much time and respect for. 2013 EoFF is totally different from 2003 EoFF but I couldn't tell you when the change happened. It's still home.

This place does mean more to me than I can say, and the connections and memories I've made through it will last forever. Thank you to anyone who was a part of it. Even if we weren't friends friends, you still see someone's posts every day and you feel close to them to some extent, even if you've not properly talked to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by m4tt View Post
    I also feel like I took my Cid's Knight "job" way too seriously sometimes which cause me to miss out on a lot of fun at this place. I like to think that I've always been a pretty nice person, but man was I a dick sometimes.
    Other side of the coin, sorry for being a no good troublemaking punk. I think I once had a moan about you telling me off for something. Having done the moderator job for almost seven years now (time. smurfing. flies) I know what it's like from the other side and how frustrating having someone do that can be, so sorry.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's going well, Giga. Good to see you again.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Blog Entries

I'm frickin' thrilled to see you both!

Blog Entries

I wonder if any returning members have noticed the lack of wiki yet.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I'm glad the wiki is still around, though it was cooler when it was old and ugly and white on black.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SammieBabe View Post

I'm frickin' thrilled to see you both!
    Ditto...although I do keep up with you on FB sometimes. I just don't do much posting there.

No I haven't! I was thinking of going through it, but I guess now that's moot.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Blog Entries

No I haven't! I was thinking of going through it, but I guess now that's moot.
    It's still there, just... dead.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้