Thread: Mods (PC version)

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Mods (PC version)

So after hankering for a good old play through of FF7 I ended up getting the PC re-release so I can play it without having to turn all the way around in my chair to use my TV!

I also got it because it's possible to play with mods, which believe it or not has been a long-standing thing in the PC scene. It apparently took them years to figure out how the game works and build the tools needed, but there are quite a few on offer nowadays; many are located are this forum: Qhimm.com Forums - Index

I'm using "gjoerulv's Hardcore mod" and oh boy the name isn't kidding around. I got a game over before reaching the first save point in the reactor twice, then I had to grind for 45 minutes to beat the Guard Scorpion. It sure is a thing. I've broken this game in half before and now it's like it's all new and I just love it.

Have you played FF7 with mods before? Might you do so in the future?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Idk, difficulty through grinding seems like a pretty cheap way to add difficulty to me.

Are there mods that don't make enemies extremely much higher level, but instead make their attack patterns more complex, or "intelligent"?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah that's what this is doing. I had to grind for items rather than levels, so that I had what I needed by way of potions and Bolt Plumes to take on the Guard Scorpion. Similarly when I got to Airbuster I had to actually make sure to only attack him in the back, to defend and heal carefully, and so on.

I hope they don't make the Guard Scorpion intelligent. Hmm, if I just never lower my tail, they'll always eat a couple hundred points of damage whenever they attack...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The only mods I was interested in were the graphic overhaul mods. You can give all the characters actual realistic limbs and you can even mod Cloud to look like AC Cloud with a sword on his back. It looked really cool.

Of course I later learned that I would also have to use the music replacement mod because the PC version come saddled with some crappy midi version of the OST.

Also I never got my AC Cloud to work right. His head wouldn't show up for some reason and I just stopped caring.

PC games are a pain.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I tried to do this for the recent PC release, but it did not work out for me. I followed the instructions too.

Most PC versions of console games sound like pure hassle to me.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even if that were true it'd be worth it to play FF7 and actually be challenged again.