Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Accidents

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Car Accidents

Freya's post in the scariest thing ever thread prompted this.

Have you ever been involved in a car accident as either the passenger or the driver? Was it your fault?

I have, sadly, been involved in three car accidents. Two were my fault and in both of them I rear-ended someone. I really love to drive and I don't have very many close calls, but maybe it's time to re-think my capabilities and try way a lot harder at being good at it.

That being said, I have never hurt anyone or been hurt. And I've only ever gotten one ticket!

I have, however, always known the accident was about to happen. In the two accidents that were my fault, I knew there was nothing I could do besides hit the brakes and hang on. I remember closing my eyes at impact both times as well. In the accident that wasn't my fault, I did everything I could do to prevent the accident.

Signature by rubah. I think.

how smurfing odd is it that i start reading this thread and then this song (Last Kiss, a song ABOUT A CAR CRASH) comes up on pandora

I was in heavy rush hour traffic and had to stop kind of suddenly. a couple seconds later i got rear-ended. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED.

I was at the front, stopped (car 1).
    Car behind me was stopped (car 2).
    Car behind car 2 was stopped (car 3).
    Car 4 doesn't stop, hits car 3, which hits car 2, which hits me.
    Car 4 then backs up into car 5.

Not my fault, got an insurance check for repairs but never did repairs. I was the only one really able to drive away from the accident afaik (though car 5 may have been able to too), and my rear bumper is dented. I've never been a fan of rush-hour traffic.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never been in in a car crash but I have nearly died many times. I think the scariest was when Jiro and I were stuck in LA traffic.

I did, however, have an accident with my car when I was sixteen. Had only had it about two weeks and I had snuck off to see my grandma (my dad's mom, who I was all but forbidden to see after my parents' divorce). I was driving around downtown in darkass Provo in a construction zone when OUT OF smurfING NOWHERE my car nosedives straight into a smurfing ditch in the middle of the road. It was a construction zone, but there was nothing blocking it off or warning or signs or ANYTHING.

My newly installed cd player came crashing out of the dash and there was steam coming out of the engine. I knew I was totally smurfed, but I tried to back up anyway. I tried to reverse out of the ditch where I was able to get on even ground and got out of my car. Some people nearby called the police and thankfully, I was close enough to my grandma's where I could run in there and get my uncle to take me home after the police and a tow truck arrived.

And I still got in trouble for trying to go see my grandma.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Once I backed into a guy when I was trying to leave a parking space because I was stupid. It totaled the back end of my car but hardly made a dent in the other guy's big truck.

THIS IS WHEN THINGS GOT FUNNY

He got on his phone for a while, supposedly to call the police, and then said "they said they're too busy, so why don't you hang out here and I'll be back later for insurance information" or something.

Then he promptly disappeared and never returned.

MEANWHILE I got a hold of my parents, who in turn got a hold of the police, who promptly showed up and said they received no such phone call. Apparently the guy was just in a rush or something and because no damage to his vehicle was done, he didn't want to have to deal with me.

JOKE IS ON HIM, BECAUSE OF THIS IT COUNTED AS A HIT AND RUN AND AS HIS FAULT even though it was technically mine.

My insurance covered getting my car fixed up nice and new and it all counted as someone else's fault. It was great.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

The first one was when I turned left at an intersection during a protected green light and a station wagon ran her red and hit my poor little sedan on the passenger side. Minor injuries, but WTH.

The second one I remember a lot more clearly because it was scarier. I was driving my friend home at night (in another sedan). Then, from nearly out of nowhere, this big smurfing black truck rolled over/semi-somersaulted over the median from the opposite road into ours. I instinctively braked. It hit my side and then kind of rolled against it. I still remember how it felt. Like, I was too shocked to feel the pain, but I felt metal crush in and press against my arm and broken glass--anyway. The car somehow landed somewhere behind us, upside-down. According to my friend, we blacked out for a few minutes. 911 came. My door was crushed in so they had to pry it off to get me out. I had a gash on my knee from it hitting the area under my steering wheel. From the entire ordeal, my friend got a minor concussion, glass cuts and bruises. I had bruises, glass cuts, and had to see a chiropractor for the next year. Oh, and I was terrified of driving for the next two years.

The guy who crashed into us (and had the nerve to say that the water from the night sprinklers made him swerve... even though that sprinklers came on AFTER the accident) worked at the same hospital my friend got her check-ups at. Apparently, some nurse told her how the guy was in an accident and was going around telling everyone and rallying sympathy when it was his fault.

There were some funny things to come out of it, though. My aunt (who lived with us at the time) was really into Korean dramas, and while she, my family, and my friend's family (they're Korean) were in the hospital, began getting into some long, joyous conversation with my friend's mom about dramas.

Also, at the time we crashed, I had my FFVIII soundtrack playing on my car's CD player. It was still going when we woke up.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never been in an accident, knock on wood.

I've come pretty close a few times, though. One of them, I was in the middle lane on a highway, and the person on my left didn't check their blindspot, and almost merged into me. He was literally maybe 6 inches from my car, before he realized I was there, and swerved. Since I had another car on my right side, there's a good chance I would've been seriously injured or not even walked away from that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been in several collisions while riding with my mom

backed into (twice)
    t-boned (once)
    cut off by (and run into) a semi

the last one was by far the worst! the truck we were in was totalled. The middle one left us without our main transportation for an entire summer, the first two just knocked out the back glass.

Somehow, I have never been in a wreck while driving myself. I'm a terrible driver.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh i prompted a thread!

I rolled my mother's 3/4 ton Truck when I was 17. The gravel was loose and I wasn't used to the long bed. I over corrected when i started to swerve in the gravel, hit the ditch and into the air I went.

I also topped a hill and so did a deer. Totaled my VW Bug. I loved my bug Stupid deer.

I was on the phone with Justy once and a deer jumped out in front of me and I clipped it barely. Enough to pinch the metal to the light on my left headlight. You couldn't notice it unless you looked.

I was with my brother when he hit a patch of black ice coming into town when I was 15 and him 17. We spun out across 4 lanes of traffic and luckily missed all 7 cars that were in-between. Then hit a reflector pole on the passenger side door that took out that mirror.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been in two crashes. The first one, I was in middle school. I don't really remember much about it, but I was a passenger. My mom was driving. She was make a left turn, turned when the light was yellow and a car crashed into the side of the car. My brother was also in the crash, and he was in the passenger seat. I was in the backseat. Sleeping most likely. I woke up in a hospital which some scars on my left arm out of it. My brother was in a coma for a couple months though. He then had to go through other things, like learning how to walk all over again. Second time, my brother rear-ended into another car. I was a passenger as well.

Otherwise, I've never been involved in a crash where I was a driver. Safe driver, yo. Though, I was close one time, but I swerved out of the way to avoid hitting the car in front.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

OH yeah in sixth grade my bus driver had a heartattack while driving and the bus crashed into a couple trees.

All my blunders have never been bad enough that someone is in a coma o.o

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I was like 8 I was in the car with my mom on the freeway and the hood flew up and we couldn't see anything. I nearly crapped myself. Luckily nothing else actually happened.

Last year when I was with my mom getting lunch someone ran into us when we were backing out, it was just a fender bender.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    When I was like 8 I was in the car with my mom on the freeway and the hood flew up and we couldn't see anything. I nearly crapped myself. Luckily nothing else actually happened.
    Had that happen with my sister once. So scary.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering how horrible my parents and brother are as drivers, I am really surprised I have only been in one accident with one of them as the driver. Without me in the car, those three have gotten in to several bad accidents. I almost got in to an accident, but the lady luckily stopped as she was looking forward and I saw her from my side. I've been in accident when I was on the bus. Some jerk lady in a porsche decided should could beat the bus and got smurfed royally. I find the worse accidents are when neither person is paying attention.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Had that happen with my sister once. So scary.
    Yeah, I left out the fact that I was yelling too.

I have been involved in one "accident" when I was the driver. Someone backed into my car in a driveway because they were not paying attention and it did some minor damage to my front bumper. Their insurance company wrote me a check and it was fixed without any real hassle.

I have been in several near misses due to stupidity on behalf of Colorado drivers though.