Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Accidents

Blog Entries

I have:
    - Become overly cocky with reversing into the work's yard when I was a fairly new driver and swung the side of the car into the gate, severely bending the door
    - Misjudged parking as close to the wall (same place) as possible and tapped it with my bumper. Only extremely lightly and no visible damage... I never really thought about it until I got in and my co-workers were like "did you just crash into the building?" and "it sounded like a lorry smashed into the wall"! I was quite surprised.
    - Got rear-ended by someone not paying attention while I was sat waiting to emerge out of a junction. No damage.
    - Misjudged reversing into a parking space and tapped the car behind me, another extremely light tap as I realised at the last second but just made contact. Someone was sat in the car. Had a quick check, no damage, apologised for being a goofball.

So far - touch wood - I've not been involved in any accidents that have resulted in injury or involving an exchange of insurance details. However I've lost 2 family members to car accidents.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

No accidents; I don't drive, and Spuuky is an exceptionally safe driver. However, Giggles is about to drive us to downtown Seattle, so there's that...

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Blog Entries

Sandwiched between two sheds? How even...?

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Parking accident.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Spec Miata Crash Videos - YouTube

I'm behind the car making the video in that first crash. You can see it from two more angles starting at around 0:55. I think you can see my car (the red number 2) go by at the 1:46.

I can't find any videos of my actual altercations.

Blog Entries

I've been in one as a driver and one as a passenger. neither were the car I was in faults. Neiter was very bad either!

I got into a bad car crash at midnight in a really bad part of baltimore a year or so ago when I was road tripping the US, that was pretty damn scary, there were so many dodgy people around.

Also, when I was in the middle of crossing the road once to get to work, someone clipped the curb right in front of me at about 40mph, went flying off the road and crashed into a telephone pole. This sent the telephone pole crashing down toward me and I had to jump out the way.
    I also had to phone the ambulance for the guy and give a police statement. Thankfully no one was hurt, and I even told the police he was going the speed limit when he quite clearly was going about 10 over. I was the only one who saw, and he had just totalled his new BMW so I think he had already learned his lesson.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

A truck hit my car from behind and pushed me into a car in front of me. It was really scary and I got jostled a bit, but no injuries all around, thankfully. There was a lot of damage to my car, but because the person in front of me fled the scene without calling the insurance agency, and the person behind me was put at 100% fault, the car was repaired for free.

The best (?) part of the story is that I went to the doctor after because my shoulder hurt a bit and I wanted to make sure I didn't have whiplash. My doctor is a little 80 year old man and as I explained to him that "I got rear-ended earlier in the day" he replied "that's what she said!"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

People love to rear-end me. The only accident I caused was when I rear-ended a short bus, but they didn't report it so it doesn't count!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Two.

I rear ended someone about 13 years ago when I was young and dumb. Totally my fault because I looked away.

And in December of 2011 I was involved in a 5 car accident on my way home from work one fine afternoon. Driving up the 5 near the Del Mar Fairgrounds (san diego area) traffic came to a sudden stop and I wasn't prepared for it. But I stopped right behind the person in front of me. Unfortunately the person behind me didn't stop in time and plowed into (and under) my truck and pushed me into the person in front of me, and him into the person in front of him, and so on. My truck was totaled, so I got a new family car out of it. Fun times!
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I have the worst luck when it comes to cars. I'm a magnet for bad drivers.

I've had 6 cars hit while parked. One so bad it was totaled.

Here's some recent stuff.

This guy made a left turn into me while I was going straight through a green, he admitted fault.

9 months old, she was totaled.

Had a rental for a bit after that, a tree fell on it the night before I returned it.

A white to replace the black. Stuff fell off a tractor trailer in front of me on the highway. I had cars to my left, right, and behind me. So, went right through it.

The real damage was underneath.

This is right under my seat.

Two weeks ago I went to the store. While inside someone hit me and took off.

People.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You should probably giving up driving unless you rock a tank.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jesus, that really is the worse luck with cars. Sometimes I don't even know how cars can get that totaled.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been involved in three accidents only one in which I was driving and it still wasn't my fault... ok it was...kind of.
    • My school-bus, yeah you read that right, clipped another car on the freeway. She hit the front end of his car with the back of the bus and forced the guy into a guardrail and kept going even though we were all screaming at her to stop. Needless to say we never saw that driver again.
    • My stepdad backed up on an inner-city highway trying to get back to a road my mum had missed (he took over driving after she'd missed it in a dickish rage) and promptly slammed into some poor bastard in his truck. No damage to us but the other drivers front end was all kinds of smurfed up.
    • I was at a busy intersection going through construction when I pulled up a bit too far at the stoplight... a PT Cruiser fixed my mistake by sideswiping the front of my car. totally destroying my bumper and left headlight. The cop even tried to give me a ticket for 'attempting to run a red light' but I told him I hadn't been moving, which was true, and he let me off.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.