Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theory: What would the plot of Chrono 3 be?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eureka! Theory: What would the plot of Chrono 3 be?

Some of us oldbie fanboys keep clamoring for another entry in Chrono series but I am curious to know what everyone thinks the new entry would even be about. So what nagging questions do you feel still need to be explained or what other avenues of the Chrono universe need to be addressed?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I just want another time travelling adventure. I don't care how it works in the lore. I just want to adventure!

I would like to see what happened between Trigger and Cross. 20 years is a long time or was it 10?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It would be interesting to see where Lavos came from in the first place. Perhaps a game where you travel through time and space to visit distant worlds and distant eras. That would cool.

I also want to see more of the 1999AD future without the Lavos incident.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't think that I have any faith in someone to pull off another Chrono title in the same universe without making a mess of it. Even Chrono Cross I felt was a stretch.

I would much rather go with a Chrono inspired sequel, much in the way that FF series games work.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Yeah, I'd rather just give us a fresh story. It's been long enough that newcomers may not know enough about continuity of the other games, and even more so the story is pretty damn complete. Don't really see if they could do anything else with it.

FFXIV Character

Striking Teek (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Although I see your point, NeoCracker, I think that they could create a feasibly interesting story while sticking to the continuity.

I think that the direction they took with Cross was an excellent idea, but failed miserably. I'd like to see a more focused intent on Magus and Schala's relationship, perhaps linking them somehow to Serge/Kid and Crono/Marle.

Also, that would allow time travel in a very easy way. Think of FFXIII-2's implementation: I think that would work best.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Link together Chrono trigger and Chrono Cross properly. What happened to Chrono and Marle? How did Dalton take control of Porre? Is Leah related to Ayla? So many unanswered questions.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    What happened to Chrono and Marle?
    You can find this out in Chrono Trigger actually. Just time travel to the next time period and you can see that they all died.

My idea: I wonder if they could somehow create a story around time going backwards? Like some evil evilness is reversing time for some evil reason and it needs to be fixed by the heroes.

Personally, I think they need to ignore Cross altogether, and either write a new sequel to Trigger that makes sense, or right a sequel that shares themes and mechanics, yet isn't directly tied to the game storywise.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Something that can tie Trigger and Cross together more, and expand on the Chrono universe. I don't know what kind of direction they could really go with, but as long as Trigger and Cross are tied up better then I'm happy.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Everyone has to go back in time and prevent Frog from porking a bunch of women and creating a race of hideously deformed Frog people. Thanks to the events of Chrono Cross, Frog went insane when he never got his revenge on Magus and started drinking and sleeping around. This race evolves to devour people in 2300 AD: The Day of Lavos Frog...-os!

Travel back to the primordial ooze and beyond time by shattering The End of Time. Uncover the deeper mysteries of the Frog people and learn that what evil Frog has planned. It will be the Froggiest!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    Everyone has to go back in time and prevent Frog from porking a bunch of women and creating a race of hideously deformed Frog people. Thanks to the events of Chrono Cross, Frog went insane when he never got his revenge on Magus and started drinking and sleeping around. This race evolves to devour people in 2300 AD: The Day of Lavos Frog...-os!

Travel back to the primordial ooze and beyond time by shattering The End of Time. Uncover the deeper mysteries of the Frog people and learn that what evil Frog has planned. It will be the Froggiest!
    Gives a whole new meaning to Slurp Attack.

I agree that it should fill in between Trig and Cross. There are so many holes and questions left unanswered, and I really wonder if that was because they had intended on filling that with Chrono Break since it was announced not too long after Cross came out. I remember back in 2002 or around there Square saying that they were in the planning stages for it before production, and then it just sort of died.
    I will destroy all memory...all time...all existence. Then I, too, will pass away....forever!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've never finished Trigger (the farthest I've got was to when you meet up with the frog in that castle) but I played the entirety of Cross. Does it have anything to do with Trigger? I couldn't see any connection other than the time traveling theme.

Never played Radical Dreamers either, but I know that's where Serge and Kid originally came from; does that connect the games at all?
    I like Kung-Fu.