Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Um...I dunno, good movies?"

Default "Um...I dunno, good movies?"

This was a reply to the question "So what are some of your favourite movies?".
    It was followed up by "But not Star Trek or any of that trout"

What are some of the worst first dates you've been on EoFF? Bonus points if you excused yourself to the bathroom and climbed out the window.

Articles
    Blog Entries

All of the first dates I had when I was in high school basically. So pretty much all my first dates.

Blog Entries

Dates or physical encounters? Not that there's much of a difference.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not sure if this counts, but in middle school someone asked me out to the Halloween dance, but when I got there they shunned me because I was dressed as a witch. I know it's cliche, but it was my first time being a witch for Halloween.

Another sort of bad date was when I some how managed to have two people thinking I was their date at the same time, but it all turned out okay because the the other guy was severely intoxicated and passed out; which allowed me to have a very nice and quiet date with the person I am currently seeing.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Dates or physical encounters? Not that there's much of a difference.
    Oh Chris, a man after my own heart!

There was this one date where I realized an hour in, probably less than that, that it was going nowhere fast. Just not that into him. Now, I am a bit of a pussy when it comes to conflict and didn't want to be mean so I was subtly giving hints that I needed to go. I was also starving but did not want to get food with him since he'd take it the wrong way. I mean like the conversation would stagnant and have awkward silences. Yet, he just did not get the hint. Now I am a bit more direct and make trout up or exaggerate the truth when I want to leave.

Then there is always those awkward moments when during the date nothing happens but then they want you to go over to their place (i.e. get it on) but you do not want to. Or you just want sex but they want to just hang out. Or the post-sex want to cuddle or you to stay longer but it is just a one night stand for you and you want to GFTO.

Wow, I sorta sound like an ass/heartless. I guess at times I have been but been trying to move beyond that now. Mostly.

Blog Entries

I hear you, buddy, although I am the complete opposite. I have been on at least 100 dates in the past year or so, and I am always upfront with the guy if I don't feel like it's going anywhere. We meet, have a drink, and take it from there. I don't think it's rude to end a date if it isn't your cup of tea. And to be honest, I don't think that a lot of the guys really care.

Out of the 100 guys I have been on a date with, only like two have been looking for an actual relationship, but it's too bad that I didn't feel a connection with either one of them.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

On one first date, I met the dude's mom after we had dinner. That was kindof weird.

On another first date, I thought we were going to go to the movies but he took me back to this abandoned house that he had just bought way up in the mountains of Coeur d'Alene that had no furniture in it and no lights and as I look back I could have very easily been in the company of a serial murderer and not known it but I wanted to make out so.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

"You don't like Nickelback? Who doesn't like Nickelback?"

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    On another first date, I thought we were going to go to the movies but he took me back to this abandoned house that he had just bought way up in the mountains of Coeur d'Alene that had no furniture in it and no lights and as I look back I could have very easily been in the company of a serial murderer and not known it but I wanted to make out so.
    Tell me you were like 16 or something. O_O

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why would that make it better?

I was eighteen.

Blog Entries

Because then you have more reason for being dumb.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like you've never done something dumb to make out with a girl before. Don't even go there!

Blog Entries

Nothing that could have ended with me on a milk carton.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Then you live in fear, my friend.

i've had maybe one "first date". it went really well. start of what was possibly the best summer of my life.

i never "dated" either of my ex-girlfriends though. ha.