Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII - A Release Date?

Blog Entries

Pfft, next you'll be telling me Duke Nukem Forev..... oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I, for one, would be glad if this, or whatever Final Fantasy Square announces at E3, dropped any aspirations of being an action RPG. I don't enjoy playing Mass Effect and other games that forsake deep gameplay in order to appeal to broader audiences. An FFXII-inspired system would be amazing, that was Square's last original masterpiece to me.
    Right, but this IS Nomura's team. The one that makes Kingdom Hearts. So it's safe to assume that they know what they're doing for an ARPG. Story on the other hand... please let one of the Western studios handle that (C'mon Square, DO IT!)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nojima has already been slated as the game's writer (much to my despair) and I figure that's already been finished by this point. I am somewhat indifferent to the idea of the game getting a gameplay change, I've never been a huge fan of Action RPGs because they often never do a good job satisfying either aspect for me. A return to a more traditional ATB would actually be appreciated but its highly unlikely unless Nomura was actually removed from the head of the project or was convinced.

Yet, its kind of silly to dwell on this since the source for the rumor is highly unreliable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post

Right, but this IS Nomura's team. The one that makes Kingdom Hearts. So it's safe to assume that they know what they're doing for an ARPG. Story on the other hand... please let one of the Western studios handle that (C'mon Square, DO IT!)
    I haven't played Kingdom Hearts, so I'm holding you personally accountable if this fails, Nirojan

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    So who is this source?

Anyway, FF12 used active dimension battle, not active time battle!
    Lol, it turns out to be some person on the GameFaqs board claiming to be an "Insider at SE".
    Yeah, it's false.
    I like Kung-Fu.