Thread: Super House of Dead Ninjas: 16-bit action in 2013

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Super House of Dead Ninjas: 16-bit action in 2013

I browbeat Denmark into buying this game over the weekend, but it's so cool I think it deserves its own thread. The game feels a lot like the Shinobi/Strider equivalent of Super Meat Boy. Movement is lighting quick, and everything will kill you in one hit, but the controls are great and you respawn extremely quickly so the pace never lets up. You just tear ass through a building wrecking trout, and certain milestones unlock new weapons and equipment and things that make the game easier and more fun.

The icing on the cake, for me, is the 16-bit presentation. There are options in the menu for interlacing the graphics and having slowdown when you kill enemies. It totally feels like a Super Nintendo game, but with some modern touches. Levels are randomly generated, so you will never encounter the exact same layout twice. And there's a map editor, so potentially the community will pump out some awesome stuff for this game.

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of the game that made me buy a copy after about 10 minutes.

It's $7 on Steam.

If you play it's let's talk about it. I haven't quite made it to the bottom of the tower yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by XxSephirothxX; 03-12-2013 at 07:10 AM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i played the original for a few hours a few years ago
    it gets very addictive but i mean like
    it was pretty unforgiving
    ghosts & goblins/strider/super meat boy pretty good description
    dunno if i have the 7 dollars. i'll wait until it's a dollar on a sale maybe.