Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop getting big heads, you jerkfaces

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin Stop getting big heads, you jerkfaces

Or: The Thread of Eternal and Sincere Gratitude. What kinds acts have you been the recipient of lately?

1) Abby brought me a vase of flowers a couple of weeks ago - I didn't expect that at all! They are very pretty.

2) A lady in my writing class emailed me to say my writing was "so powerful" it made her cry. That was kind of her, although it makes me uncomfortable.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is a good thread.

Today when I told my co-worker I would be a mean doctor, if I were a doctor, she told me I was smart enough to be a doctor. While I don't think that's true, I know this particular co-worker has a lot of respect and admiration for doctors so I really appreciate the sentiment behind her words.

A patient brings us candy for no reason! Good candy. Big bags of good candy. We don't deserve it, at least I don't, but we still get it and that's great and I'm thankful we have it when crazy people come in or we get stressed out and want something good.

My sister has decided that every other Thursday she is taking me to lunch for a few because we don't get to spend much sisterly, one-on-one time together anymore and she knows I miss her. And she knows I like lunch.

I am really lucky in a lot of ways I don't often recognize. I should remember that.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My dad is giving me the money he's owed me for a few years, and I will be able to pay off some of my debt.

It's nice, cos I didn't think I'd ever see it.

my parents are letting me continue to live in their house and eat their food for free, at my age

and people are generally being nice people to me lately

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went to my dad's house the other day and told them the fetus I'm hosting is female. Their neighbor was having a baby shower, and when my brother told her that I was having a girl too she packed up the salvageable baby shower stuff all nicely and brought it over to me, including some flowers in a pot painted with "Baby girl" (BJ said he wanted to throw it away because the B was capital and the g wasn't, the butt). I'm not a fan of pink on PINK on PINK, but I kept about half of it and it was really nice of her.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Baby girl! ^____^

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

The gubment gave me $400 as a tax refund and I thought I was only going to get like $100

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got a glowing review at work earlier this week, and the same day a friend of mine gifted me Magicka on Steam so we could play it together this weekend.

Plus in general I consider myself to be lucky every day with my home life. My girlfriend is wonderful and we've made a very comfortable home together with some incredibly sweet and loving animals.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    The gubment gave me $400 as a tax refund and I thought I was only going to get like $100
    THANKS, OBAMA!

No wait I mean it sincerely

Also yeah like denmark my folks let me live at home and eat their stuff which is pretty great because otherwise I'd be a crazy homeless person

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jumping on the parent-gratitude train. If my mom wasn't letting me move home for the summer, I would be very, very, very poor. She's setting up my guest house with all of this super cute shabby chic furniture that she's painted and re-upholstered herself with material that she let me pick out just to make me more comfortable coming home. I am so grateful for such a thoughtful mother.

I've also been so incredibly lucky that I've been able to keep all of my animals (well, the ones that mean the most to me - I miss my fish and my birds) throughout these tricky moving processes.

I decided to buy something from someone else although I can easily create it myself.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Quote Originally Posted by Greatermaximus View Post
    I decided to buy something from someone else although I can easily create it myself.
    did you buy a child

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I'm glad that I've acclimated so well during my move and eternally grateful to be living with such great friends.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm thankful that my grandfather is letting Nikki, Haiden and I stay with him until our military situation pans out. I got the last bits in place and all I need to do now is go to MEPS and swear in. Here's hoping!

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I went to my dad's house the other day and told them the fetus I'm hosting is female. Their neighbor was having a baby shower, and when my brother told her that I was having a girl too she packed up the salvageable baby shower stuff all nicely and brought it over to me, including some flowers in a pot painted with "Baby girl" (BJ said he wanted to throw it away because the B was capital and the g wasn't, the butt). I'm not a fan of pink on PINK on PINK, but I kept about half of it and it was really nice of her.
    omg there will be two of them

(SPOILER) I'm really excited for you. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.