This was just something I was thinking about in my own life, but I was also curious what answers I would get from other people. What books or short stories that you all have read have become important to you, whether it be by association with people and memories, by the stories told within the books, by the book helping you get through hard times? Are there any books that have become a big part of defining who you are? I have a few.

There was a series I read as a kid called The Dark is Rising Sequence that has always meant a lot to me. I honestly cannot remember that much from the books, but it was a series that my uncle recommended to me that I fell in love with. Eventually drama appeared in my family, and that uncle stopped talking to the rest of us... and those books always bring back memories of when everyone in my family was around.

Ender's Game - I just have always connected with Ender for some reason.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy - This book just hit me on an emotional level. It was suggested to me by a good friend, and I associate it with that friend.

5 Centimeters per Second graphic novel - Pretty much the same as above, but with a different friend. I connect a lot with practically all of the characters as well.

Pendragon series - Followed for a long portion of my life until the series was done. This series originally got me into wanting to write novels.