Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair, Blizzard basically stated after the beta ended that there were balancing issues with Zerg right now and they will be making changes. It's no easy task to balance a game like SC2, so even with the lengthy beta, I'm not surprised there are some issues that still need to be dealt with.

As for other matchups, I'm more hesitant to say there are actual issues since the game is only a week old and it hasn't been put through its paces with high level competition. The metagame hasn't really started to shake itself out yet. We'll have to wait and see what shakes out over the next few months and with any changes to the Zerg matchups.

Ah I missed the MLG finals, anyone know where I can watch a recording of it?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

We can change regions now so I can play in the US and kick your ass Vivi!lose horribly to you Vivi!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, I heard about the region changing which is awesome. I'm dying for my copy to come already so I can play some games. I want to play HOTS so bad that I can't even play WOL right now because it isn't HOTS.

And Rostum, the vods should go up on the MLG site sometime soon if they're not there already. I missed the championship match too, so I'll take a look for them later and PM you the link if you haven't found it by then.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Jumping banelings are boss.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just as a heads up for Rostum and anyone else, the MLG series from this weekend is up here: http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/even...ip#2424/2432/1

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Dark Templars still rock when combined with Observers. Seriously, those things that burrow and spawn locusts... (can't remember their name) - I wreck that build's trout.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I play for the campaign. Always have. I haven't played a multi-player Starcraft match since the original and that was with friends on a N64

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I play for the campaign. Always have. I haven't played a multi-player Starcraft match since the original and that was with friends on a N64
    Eww....

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Just as a heads up for Rostum and anyone else, the MLG series from this weekend is up here: http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/even...ip#2424/2432/1
    Thanks!

By the way if anyone wants to add me my Battle Net email is rostum at live dot come dot au, on American servers. Happy to have a game or two at any skill level.
    Last edited by Rostum; 03-21-2013 at 10:26 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My copy of HotS finally came this morning. Looks like no Mystic Quest update from me for today at least.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You playing on the EU server Vivi? I'm tempted to get the expansion. Even though I don't really like the new additions to zerg and protoss I'm loving the changes to terran after playing the starter edition for a bit.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

North American server actually since I'm Canadian.

I wasn't overly taken with the Zerg changes, but I love the Mothership core and Oracles, and Tempests are kind of interesting if you get to that stage of the game. I do think I like the Terran changes a bit more though. Widowmines are just cool, plus it was my main race in WOL so I'm just used to playing them.