Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21216171819202122

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Edition Sign Up and Discussion Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think us Mafia got into a tizz after mine and Del Murder's death. From a Mafia perspective, sure, the cop and bulletproof is dead, but we still had to contend with:

- Some Game Show Host
    - Whatever killed me
    - Samuel's role of Doctor

That's a powerful set of roles, compared to a humble Godfather and Goon/Usurper. While the Town got a bad hand in the deaths of them two, us Mafia were quite low for a while. It took alot for them to get belief back and win the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seems like you guys got everything figured out. I must say, I was giggling manically upon some of the actions, especially shooting the Nexus.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Yeah, Weaver got herself killed, that wasn't even us. Well, we were in on it, but it would have happened regardless. Well wasn't the bulletproof Neeson, the one Weaver took out when there was a tie between the two of them? Yeah, that wasn't us either, that was a combo of Willis and Weaver.

I think our biggest obstacle really was me and my ignorance. I think someone like Del in my position would have had a much cleaner endgame, despite what he says about his bad play toward the beginning of the game.

The game was truly a constant bouncing back and forth between hope and despair. I'd make a chart to show what it was like, it's all nice and pretty in my head, but I'm too sleepy to mess with it.

Edit: I bet you were Laddy, you fiend.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Yes I read the mafia forum just and was quite amused at how much time you spent trying to work out what was being done with it. Also yeah it was a compliment I guess, if I was pushed to choose who I thought the last mafia was I would have said Uma or even Sam before Arnie. although yeah pretty much didn't really care either way, Shiny died so I'm happy
    I'm gonna rub my chyna luff on you.

The game isn't fun if I'm not bothering you.

gg, chionios

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

At first I was properly confused when you came in right at the start going on about inactive this and that but then all of a sudden I twigged it must be you and then I had to get you killed no matter what the cost to the town. I think the best way I can describe it is the way I described it to Pauw on MSN before he joined the game, he said to me like "Oh I think sigourney is telling the truth about being the cop" or something like that but the way I was looking at it was the same way I looked at games of Halo when the EoFF crew used to play. Imagine that the town are team EoFF (Me, Pauw, Huxley and Steve) and the mafia are the enemy team. Even though the goal of the game is to kill the enemy dead, if I think it will be more fun I will go out of my way just to annoy Steve by betraying him. And that's what I did.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Two ideas for a mafia game I want to see:

NO SECRETS! Mafia. At the start, a full list of every single role in the game is posted. None of this mindsmurf business. There's six vanilla town, a cop, a naive cop etc. Of course, I think you'd have to give the mafia a little bit more power than usual to balance it out. I think you'd also need to balance them off against town roles. ie a Roleblocker and a Prostitute, a Mafia Cop and Town Cop etc to help claims.

A LOT OF SECRETS! Mafia. No roles or even alignments are revealed when people die. Town would need more power there. Maybe every 2-3 days or so the host can say "And 1 mafia died in this period" or something.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This was actually the most fun I've had in Mafia since Mafia I. I didn't enjoy any of the games where I was Mafia and I got night killed Day 1 in the other one when I was Town.

My only regret is not surviving Day 4 so I can say I got guilty for Goldenboko and get him lynched. :shiny:

Yeah I knew it was you Dan Kyono, and made it my point to bring you up in every other post to be a tit. I had no idea who chionis and Shauna was playing, so I guess that's a good thing. Everyone else I figured out if not Day 1, then by Day 3.

Nexus still remains the trollish role ever.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My game will be pretty much like the first one you mentioned, Psy. I won't say all the roles in play, but I will state several roles not in play.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

To be honest I'm geniunely surprised if there's anyone who doesn't know who I am immediately upon starting mafia games because I am basically the same annoying tit every time I play anyway.

I hope the next game comes up pretty soon, I actually quite enjoyed this and would suck to wait months for the next one.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A LOT OF SECRETS! Mafia. No roles or even alignments are revealed when people die. Town would need more power there. Maybe every 2-3 days or so the host can say "And 1 mafia died in this period" or something.
    Alignments at least would need to be said if roles aren't going to be revealed.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Nice game, guys. Congrats to the mafia, for pulling the wool over the eyes of the town - especially chionios, like many others, I honestly didn't believe that you were mafia. Well played.

I had fun for the short amount of time I was playing, sad that I got kicked out so early. Might have to partner up for the next one, I only have so many hours in the day! xD But, it was great to follow it after I was out - lots of unexpected surprises.

Thanks for setting this up, Laddy. :3

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the_best_boob View Post
    Nexus still remains the trollish role ever.
    Fit me perfectly.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd actually love to the nexus. It would be great drawing attention to yourself during the day so that the Mafia target you during the night. Even if it ends up hurting the town, I'd be in stitches nonetheless!

Of course, assuming you're told you are a nexus.