Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the longest you have been stuck in an airport?

I've a glorious 15 hour wait in Newark to look forward to.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Probably 6 or 7 hours. Being in a rush is a much worse experience, though, at least to me. When I went to the US and back I cut it close with pretty much every single flight. I never want to run that much ever again.

Another bad flight experience was when my luggage ended up on the wrong flight. I came home to middle-of-winter Sweden from middle-of-summer Argentina wearing nothing but a button-up shirt and chinos, and had to wait outside in the snow for a train. It was the coldest I've ever been.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Summer 2011, Frankfurt airport. I should have had a flight around 8 pm , but despite getting email confirmation and all, my booking had not gone through. I had to spend the whole night in the airport until the next available flight to Italy at 7 in the morning.
    I was pretty desperate but it went better than I thought. At night there's always people and police around and some bars only close half an hour to clean out and sell things to eat all night. I also had my Kindle with the Game of Thrones books on it, so plenty to read.

7 hour layover in Manila on the way to Saigon. It was cool though, the airline had an area with comfy chairs and outlets set up so I jacked in the laptop and watched enough of The Wire to start talking like D'Angelo Barksdale

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Pantz View Post
    Being in a rush is a much worse experience, though, at least to me. When I went to the US and back I cut it close with pretty much every single flight. I never want to run that much ever again.
    oh man. That was totally me when I had to changeover in Chicago to get on my flight to the UK.

SUPPOSEDLY I had 45 minutes but in reality by the time I got off the first plane I had about 15 and I had to run to the other end of the stupid concourse. It was like that part in Home Alone.