Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone been to Sin City?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh my god. 6 days is an eternity in Vegas.

Vegas has some of the best food in the world. So please please don't just eat the McDonald's in the food court.

Definitely stay on the strip if you can. I've stayed off strip before and it's just not the same. You can just drive or taxi over to the downtown old Vegas area if you want to check it out. But it's nice staying on the strip if only to walk around at night, see the Bellagio water show, get huge pitchers of margaritas and just enjoy the crazy sites. If you must do a buffet, do the one at the Wynn. Everything else sucks balls and is so pricey. Set a budget for yourself if you're going to gamble and don't go over that budget. Don't be that guy. Catch a show if you can. Cirque du Soleil is really smurfing cool.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only reason I'd want to go is to see the events down there like Cirque due Soleil and music events. Other then that, no real point for me to go as I don't gamble or pay for prostitutes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    The only reason I'd want to go is to see the events down there like Cirque due Soleil and music events. Other then that, no real point for me to go as I don't gamble or pay for prostitutes.
    You just get the prostitutes for free, and it's not called gambling if you win all the time Shiny.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahah, well I'm definitely not sleeping with free prostitutes. Free sex with ladies/men of the night sounds sketchy. I'm just as weary as people offering me free massages. It's like yeah it's free, BUT THEN WHAT. Then AIDS, probably.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I don't like gambling or purchasing prostitutes either... but I would be game for a binge drink and elvis wedding.

Boldly go.

Texas Station is the Buffet of choice in Vegas.

Mind you I haven't been there in like, seven years...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's no reason to leave the strip. At all. Some hotels are moderately priced and you can tend to get amazing package deals on travel websites. You should be able to walk everywhere you want and go up and down the strip without getting too exhausted.

I love Vegas. It's dirty, trashy, too bright and after 7pm, everyone is belligerent. Love it. (except in the summer, too damn hot)

I'll be there in three and a half weeks to see The Postal Service at The Cosmopolitan. So excited!