Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8384852535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: Season 10

Blog Entries

She could regenerate into someone more befiting his style. What I was expecting was that she was she reconstituted herself from the save data in The Library but was too corupted then died and regenerated as Missy

Also I loved the little alteration in the opening credits
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 11-09-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

She can't regenerate though. She was the little kid in America, who regenerated into Mels (as a kid, hence why she could grow up with the Ponds) and then after she regenerated to River she used up all of her regenerations to save the Doctor, and obviously she dies as River Song.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I will be quite happy never to see River Song ever again.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It was really awesome to see the (SPOILER)Brigadier this episode in a unique way.

I'm ready for my "Master Who" spin-off where I watch the Doctor deflect and avoid flirtation in his day to day life with new companion in tow

So much fan fiction is going to be made from the past two episodes.

(SPOILER)I thought Cyber Danny was really touching.

Currently watching the last episode (taking a break due to those I'm watching it with).

I think I was blaming the actor a bit prematurely. It works better this episode.

The writing and handling of the reveal in the last one was just really, really lousy. They really needed some more scenes to develop the character a bit, actually establish a presence. Something other than twenty second bits with no definitive personality or still shots of contemplation.

Really, not a good first impression, but might not be a horrible choice. They did need to do something different with the character, after all. There has always been that problem of the character trying to fit into the set mold of the previous incarnation. While they did successfully break away from it with the last version, they were in danger of setting a new mold if they didn't alter it radically enough to develop a separate persona. I think they did that successfully.

So this new version may work, I'll just need a little more time to see.

Assuming, of course, this incarnation survives the episode. Don't kill the character again, please.

Edit: Finally got a chance to post about the finished episode. The ending was just perfect. Was not expecting it, but it fit perfectly, and was such a great final send off (the original send-off was just as awesome, but it was a bit more expected).
    Last edited by Skyblade; 11-29-2014 at 12:29 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

"How do you get all those presents in your sleigh?"

"Bigger on the inside "

OOHHHHHHHHHHHH

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Dr. Who. Seriously do not quite get who this show is aimed at. Adults who like bad writing, or children who just don't know any better?

Articles

The last episode was good for a Capaldi episode though that isn't saying much. Really glad Clara is staying. I liked her a lot less over the past season but that last episode had me remembering the good times.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I dropped the ball on following this so hard, it hurts. The episode with Robin Hood was the last one I watched. I just got tired of watching trout on the computer. Funny thing is I'll probably change my tune when Game of Thrones starts back up.

The Master becoming a woman is funny, though. Shame she's doomed to repeat the same three strings Moffat uses for every single woman character he ever written for since the beginning of ever, and I say that as a Moffat fan.

Articles

So that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So that was a thing.
    Care to elaborate?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I liked when it went all A Knight's Tale for part of the episode.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I thought it was funny when they were all surprised that Davros was on Skaro.

I mean, really: did none of them see that coming?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I personally love Missy as the Master. She's so barbed, yet funny, changing accents on a whim. She can go from unlikely ally to main villain quickly.

Besides Missy, the rest of the episode was great. Clara was good, even if I'm still surprised she is here with us. The Doctor's grand entrance was hilarious and the ending leaves us with a fun, enticing moral dilemma. The season opener plays like a season finale, to be honest!

Articles

Missy is okay. I like the concept of the Master being a frenemy who sometimes helps, sometimes hinders but the way her dialogue is implemented is sort of a one-trick pony: lol I fancy the doctor cause i'm a woman do you get it? Alright, yes, we get the joke, what else do you have? I was disappointed she went balls out evil at the end too, it would've been interesting to have her travel with the Doctor and Clara for a while.

I'm also not really keen on her actress, and I don't really love Capaldi either. He just lacks that charisma, that spark. And it's a shame because I liked the general idea for the story of the opener but ehhh. It's just not doing much for me anymore. I think the audience is agreeing with me - viewing figures have dropped drastically - I hope they don't cancel it again! - and even more importantly, this thread's activity has suffered too!