Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12425256575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: Season 10

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Yeah, well I am prepared to bet by 2020 they'll be complaining about the new showrunner and waxing lyrical about Moffat.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Yeah, well I am prepared to bet by 2020 they'll be complaining about the new showrunner and waxing lyrical about Moffat.
    Well, naturally. RTD seemed to have experienced the same thing. "He's been on the show too long! Get someone else." Enter Moffat. "Moffat is terrible bring back RTD!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Well, naturally. RTD seemed to have experienced the same thing. "He's been on the show too long! Get someone else." Enter Moffat. "Moffat is terrible bring back RTD!"
    So true! Honestly, I think the whole concept of "showrunners" is fundamentally flawed. Every thing just ends up feeling a bit samey, as they have too much control over output. Just have different writers every week, with a head editor to prevent major inconsistencies.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Change is good!

With that said, I like it when people say they prefer RTD to Moffat because that way I know who the idiots are. It's no coincidence he wrote all of the best episodes of the RTD era. Don't get me wrong, Moffat's love of the POWER OF LOVE SAVES THE DAY drives me up the wall and god knows I hated Danny Pink, but at least his idea of a finale wasn't lol here's 100,000 daleks again.

If you are offended by my use of the word idiot, well, I'm pretty sure it's what the Doctor would've done. Actually he kind of prefers the word stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Moffat's love of the POWER OF LOVE SAVES THE DAY drives me up the wall and god knows I hated Danny Pink, but at least his idea of a finale wasn't lol here's 100,000 daleks again.
    I know, right? Three Dalek finales in five years. Oh, got to come up with a way to round off the series, I know, I'll have all the daleks be like, totally destroyed, like for realsies this time, until next year at least obvs, lol. Really RTD? REALLY?

I also kind of get your point about the "Power of Love" thing being overused, but I'm a hopeless romantic, so I don't mind it.

Articles

The power of love usually isn't even a romantic one though - see James Corden and Stormageddon, and whatever the hell that WWII Narnia Christmas Mother episode was!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Christmas is ripe for 'Power of Love' stories, to be honest. I did think 'Power of Three' was a bad episode in the first place. I don't know, I feel like RTD gets a nostalgia hit from most fans, when really he wasn't phenomenal.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Doctor Who Series 5 & 6 is better than anything RTD made.

Come at me, internet!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Screw you, Paul. I want more Daleks.

Articles

Nothing wrong with Daleks but then when you have a whole horde of them being defeated and indeed having a magical button that makes them spin around going "Waaaaa!" it devalues their ability to scare.

The best Dalek episodes have always had smaller numbers or some sort of twist like the Dalek Asylum. I still think the best one in new Who was the first one, Dalek. That thing was smurfing scary.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The thought of one Dalek being enough to wipe out an entire city's population is pretty terrifying.

Then you see a larger group doing smurf all and missing all the time, and the fear factor goes out the window. I was actually smurfing cheering when the Daleks were finally hitting trout again near the beginning of Series Eight.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Daleks talking smack to some Cybermen was great though, you have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    The Daleks talking smack to some Cybermen was great though, you have to admit.
    True. That was a moment of comic genius.

Like Psy, my favourite Dalek episode was probably 'Dalek', but I think it's fair to say they hit their peak in 'Doomsday'.

It's a shame, they used to be my favourite Who villains, but I don't think I'll be able to enjoy them as much as I once did after the over use of them in terrible stories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Christmas is ripe for 'Power of Love' stories, to be honest. I did think 'Power of Three' was a bad episode in the first place. I don't know, I feel like RTD gets a nostalgia hit from most fans, when really he wasn't phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    RTD seemed to have experienced the same thing. "He's been on the show too long! Get someone else." Enter Moffat. "Moffat is terrible bring back RTD!"
    Hmmmm did someone say 'power of three'? mwah hah hah hah (oh wait wrong thread, stop it Midgar Mist, stop spamming stop it) ahem! Doctor Who: My opinion is that Moffat is in fact better from RTD and my reason is this; DW when through a season hiatus for 16 years, with only a 1996 special in between, so RTD had his work cut out. I found RTD's early stuff a bit silly plus I don't believe Eccleston was right for the part. Then, The Tennant showed up and blew us away with his pro dynamite acting skills! RTD got into his groove and made it great, John Barrowman made it all the more great (i wasnt too focused on him early on but he was developed nicely). Then just when I thought "Oh no and unknown actor called Matt Smith is gonna ruin this" he proved me wrong and in my view was even better than Tennant. So, I think Moffat handled Smith particularly well. And just to prove I'm not on some kind of Capaldi hype, I still maintain that Smith is my favorite Doctor from The New Era.