Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 134353575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: Season 10

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    The Daleks talking smack to some Cybermen was great though, you have to admit.
    It felt like something kids playing Cybermen versus Daleks would say in a park.

I can't decide if that's funny or not.

Oh, who am I kidding, it was hilarious!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? http://epicstream.com/news/We-Wont-B...Doctor-Anymore

It's been circulating the internet pretty heavily. Some are doubting the source, but I'm not sure if it's true or just a very good rumor. If true then it'll be like when RTD and David Tennant left. I'd be curious to see who Chibnall would cast as the new Doctor if this is indeed the case.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I'm glad I found this thread!
    Series 10 is coming... I'm so excited!
    Who's with me?

I've also watched "The Rings of Akhaten" today - it was a fine episode, in my opinion.
    The Doctor's speech was very good - that's why I love this guy!

Default Doctor Who (series 10)

It's back, and it's the last series for Capaldi and Moffat. Discuss, and stuff.

First episode: Bill seemed good, but everything else was a bit meh. It served as an introduction to her character though, so job done.

It's only been two episodes, but so far (and going by the teaser for the next episode), this is my least favorite series of the revival. I really like Capaldi's Doctor, but Bill has made very little impression on me as a companion, and trying to criticize her in most circles just leads to accusations of racism, sexism, and homophobia. And the threats for both episodes thus far have been very, very hard to take seriously -- both in concept and how inconsistently written they were.

Then again, I hated Series 9 when most fans and critics seemed to love it, so my opinion is probably the odd one out again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately that seems to be the case Kleine! I actually really like Bill and this season so far. Smile was a simple, yet deceptively impressive episode in my books.

You can really tell they're going for a soft-reboot with the name of the first episode (The Pilot) and just in general it seems pretty distinct from the Clara era, which I must admit I tired of towards the end of that run, rather like Amy. It just went on a little too much.

Oh, Clara was unbearable for me, especially in the last series. The actress was fine and I like her in other things, but she embodied the worst excesses of Moffat's writing, and I could only groan every time she was revealed to be responsible for another pivotal point in the Doctor's history.

(SPOILER)The fact that such an amazing episode as "Heaven Sent", and the cliffhanger of the Doctor finally getting back to Gallifrey, all led up to an episode solely about bringing Clara back and dancing around all of the season-long mysteries, was the tipping point where I almost gave up on the show.

I was actually enjoying "Smile," despite the stupid emoji-bots and the inconsistent behavior of the nanobots (if they made up the whole city, there should have been no chance of outrunning them), until the ending. It was just really sloppily written and didn't line up thematically with anything the episode had set up. Why make the whole problem about the balance between happiness and grief and then have the situation resolved in a way that has almost nothing to do with it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I will say Doctor Who's biggest weakness has always been the endings. 45 minutes is never enough time to wrap up an episode. Agreed that the ending to Smile was weaker overall, but I think given that hamstring it was a very good episode otherwise.

It's been a very good series so far!

Just finished watching episode 6 with Formy. Existential angst levels off the charts. Very gripping.

Still really, really not seeing what so many other critics and fans apparently are. Haven't watched the most recent one yet, but "Knock Knock" was so dumb, dull, and nonsensically written that it almost defies belief. If not for the ever-brilliant Peter Capaldi and David Suchet as the guest villain, it would have been irredeemable.

And don't even get me started on the giant fish thing.

The giant fish was incidental. Human greed was the real monster. Also, "Knock, knock" did have a pretty dumb resolution, but it had a good atmosphere up until the ending.

13th Doctor is Jodie Whittaker

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    13th Doctor is Jodie Whittaker
    Not really very familiar with her as an actor, but I'm always willing to give a new Doctor the benefit of the doubt. Hasn't been a bad one yet, after all!