Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021222636 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: Season 10

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the Doctor will take her back to the Emperor when she's all grown up, and they'll get married. :3

Also, when Clara says that she doesn't fall in love, sometimes twice a day...is that a veiled masturbation joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, so I started with the 11th doctor. I like it! It reminds me of Stargate SG-1 and also Sliders.

I started off not liking Amy Pond, but then she grew on me and I kinda liked her, but then now I don't care for her again. I'm not sure if it's the character or the actress though. The actress seems to make some odd choices in how she delivers certain lines. She does this weird deadpan thing when she's sad. But I love her accent.

I'm about 8 episodes in.

:monster:

Did you watch Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead? River Song's episodes won't make much, if any, sense if you haven't seen those, especially in series six.

Can't really blame you for starting with Eleven though. Make sure you go back and see Nine and the rest of Ten's episodes after you're caught up, though.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wouldn't say that they wouldn't make sense at all, as she was only in two episodes before seasons 5 and seasons 6. I think Miriel will be able to follow along just fine, but she won't necessarily know details.

Miriel, you're free to read this if you'd like to know what happened with River in the two episodes you missed, if you don't want to watch said episodes. If you do want to, just ignore this spoiler. If you read on a Wiki, you might spoiler everything about her. I'm only including tidbits of her importance. I really suggest you watch the episodes, though, as they're two of the very best in the entire series.

Basically--
    • The Doctor gets a message on the psychic paper saying to meet him in the Library, with a little x for a kiss.
    • He goes there, bad things happen, etc etc.
    • An archeology/excavation team shows up, River Song being amongst them.
    • She starts getting up in his business, and she has her diary, which looks just like the TARDIS. She asks him where they are in their timeline, and he has no idea what she's talking about. At this point she realizes he has no idea who she is.
    • As the episode goes on, she keeps hinting that she knows him, and it seriously irks the crap out of him. She pulls out a sonic screwdriver, and he asks where she got it. She tells him that HE gave it to her.
    • Things become dire, and he doesn't know if she can trust him. She whispers something in his ear, and he seems angry and upset, but he agrees that he can trust her.
    • More stuff happens, too much to explain. But, at the end of the episode, he's about going to sacrifice himself to save the day. She knocks him out, cuffs him, and instead sacrifices herself.
    • As he's watching her die, he begs her not to do it. She says that the last time they had met, he wept. And in a way, he always knew how her life would end. And that she knows that even though her time with him is over, his time with her is just beginning, and she wouldn't have changed anything about the time they spent together.
    • He asks her again not to do, and it's revealed that the thing she whispered in his ear was her name. He tells her that no one knows his name, and there's only one person he'd ever tell his name to.
    • River dies.
    • He has her diary, and chooses not to spoil his own future. But, the sonic screwdriver he gave her has an imprint of her soul/mind in it. He's able to upload it to the computer system of the Library, thus allowing her to live out a special form of immortality.

Basically, it is implied that River is the (SPOILER) Doctor's wife from the future, as he'd only tell someone he really loved his name. You find out that they always meet each other out of order. And even though she's died, the Doctor will see her again.

The Weeping Angels episodes with her will probably make sense, since they're much more Weeping Angels episodes than they're River Song episodes, but the series five finale probably won't make much sense and "A Good Man Goes to War" and "Let's Kill Hitler" probably won't make any sense at all. Dunno though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it'd make plenty of sense, especially if she watched all of season 5. You don't really HAVE to see Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead to know what's going on with River if you watch all of season 5.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Miriel, I'd suggest you watch those episodes and not read what Sam wrote. It works so much better if you actually see it happen.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Miriel, I'd suggest you watch those episodes and not read what Sam wrote. It works so much better if you actually see it happen.
    Oh, absolutely. I never said it didn't. I even encouraged her to watch the episodes herself.

I just don't think they're necessarily required to know what's going on. Just very highly recommended. And not just to know what's going on, but because they're excellent episodes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Oh, absolutely. I never said it didn't. I even encouraged her to watch the episodes herself.

I just don't think they're necessarily required to know what's going on. Just very highly recommended. And not just to know what's going on, but because they're excellent episodes.
    I didn't say that you did. xD I'm just suggesting she actually watch them in case she does get tempted to just read what you wrote.

Blog Entries

I would expect something more badass to become of Stormaggedon.

:monster:

Me too, honestly, but the resemblance is still pretty remarkable. And who knows, maybe he takes a level in badass in a future episode.

Blog Entries

Well if he takes a level in badass I'll accept it. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's too far in the future for this to be true. x)

Blog Entries

Possible he was frozen or traveled through time or something. Stop ruining our dreams TB
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!