Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7374751525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I don't believe it's been seen onscreen, but it's definitely been established that Time Lords can regenerate in either gender.
    Maybe so.

(SPOILER)They still could have picked a better actor to play the Master. True, no one can match Roger Delgado, but Simon Pegg at least tried to do the role justice.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I don't believe it's been seen onscreen, but it's definitely been established that Time Lords can regenerate in either gender.

Simon Pegg
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post

I should have known Charles Dance was secretly a Time Lord. He's currently rumoured to be playing (SPOILER)the Master. While I'd like to see John Simm return, if he has to be replaced, Charles Dance is the objectively perfect person to do it.
    I wanted this to happen personally because Charles Dance is a smurfing bomb. The idea of The Master (or the Doctor) regenerating as a woman is fine though. They did a comic relief skit once where the Doctor regenerated into Joanna Lumley and I really want that to actually be A Thing That Happens.

Truth be told I'm not really sold on Missy as a character, but then I'm still not really sold on Capaldi's Doctor either. Also not really a Danny fan come to think of it, nor Clara acting like a crazy person over some dude she just met. Throwing all the Tardis keys into lava would've worked better as an Amy/Rory plotline I think, it's the kind of thing Amy would do but it doesn't suit Clara at all. I'm watching Doctor Who more out of habit than because I'm enjoying it and that makes me a little sad. I really want to like it and get into it but I'm struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post

I should have known Charles Dance was secretly a Time Lord. He's currently rumoured to be playing (SPOILER)the Master. While I'd like to see John Simm return, if he has to be replaced, Charles Dance is the objectively perfect person to do it.
    I wanted this to happen personally because Charles Dance is a smurfing bomb. The idea of The Master (or the Doctor) regenerating as a woman is fine though. They did a comic relief skit once where the Doctor regenerated into Joanna Lumley and I really want that to actually be A Thing That Happens.

Truth be told I'm not really sold on Missy as a character, but then I'm still not really sold on Capaldi's Doctor either. Also not really a Danny fan come to think of it, nor Clara acting like a crazy person over some dude she just met. Throwing all the Tardis keys into lava would've worked better as an Amy/Rory plotline I think, it's the kind of thing Amy would do but it doesn't suit Clara at all. I'm watching Doctor Who more out of habit than because I'm enjoying it and that makes me a little sad. I really want to like it and get into it but I'm struggling.
    I agree with most of this, except that I really like Capaldi's Doctor so far. A lot of the episodes have been really reminding me of Classic Who (there was a scene in the moon episode where the guy who wandered off alone was attacked and I burst out laughing because it seemed to be lifted right out of the old series, circa John Pertwee).

I do find Clara's behavior strange. Did they ever explain why she doesn't know everything about the Doctor after the whole Impossible Girl thing concluded?

Also, I'm not saying Simon Pegg was a good choice for the Master, he was completely the wrong choice, he's not the right sort of actor for the role. But he was a good enough actor to work with it and give us a couple brilliant scenes. Missi so far just hasn't worked at all.

As for my own choice, I've wanted Anthony Stewart Head as the Master since the episode with Sarah Jane.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

John Simm played the Master, though.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Simon Pegg didn't play the master. Not even sure how someone could mistake him for John Simm. The two don't even look alike.

Articles

To be fair, he did play The Editor.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    They did a comic relief skit once where the Doctor regenerated into Joanna Lumley and I really want that to actually be A Thing That Happens.
    WOW OKAY I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING THIS VERY SECOND THANK YOU PSY

Articles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM

Mr Bean, The Great Intelligence, Horace Slughorn and Hugh Grant also moonlight as the Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Yeah, Simon Pegg didn't play the master. Not even sure how someone could mistake him for John Simm. The two don't even look alike.
    Just messed up the names. Been all tired and stressed lately. Sorry. It was a case of "this doesn't sound quite right, but nothing else is coming to me, and I really don't want to go look it up".

And, while we're on the subject, Simon Pegg WOULD be a terrible choice for the Master.

Blog Entries

nor Clara acting like a crazy person over some dude she just met.
    Well for one, with the dating montage, I think it's dificult to tell how long they'd been going out. I personally thought they'd known each other for around half at year at this point (not counting the childhood run-in)
    And for another she probably feels responsible because if she hadnt called and told him she loved him then he probably wouldnt have been hit by that car.

Not only that the fact that Danny stuck by her even when he found out she'd been lying to him the whole time, and he was willing to adapt to fit into her lifestyle without becoming a time and space explorer.

I do find Clara's behavior strange. Did they ever explain why she doesn't know everything about the Doctor after the whole Impossible Girl thing concluded?
    I thought it was because Clara's were created and spread across the time stream werent really Clara much like how one wouldnt have the memories of a clone. That or 1000 lifetimes of knowledge would make the human brain explode with space-time confusion.

As much as I liked the episode I also would have prefered if Missy turned out to be The Rani.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 11-08-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tbqh, I haven't been keeping up with this season. It's bored the trout out of me. Probably soon I'll sit down and watch all the episodes I've missed.

However, re: Clara acting crazy about Danny: Keep in mind that she and the Doctor met her smurfing GRANDSON with Danny. Like, she more-or-less knew she was going to spend the rest of her life with him, and then he died. That'd be pretty smurfing traumatic.

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)Married 4 times?
    The grandmother of his granddaughter, Theoretically
    River Song
    Queen Elizabeth I

Who am I missing?

Also "all deceased"
    Will we never see River Song again?
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 11-09-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles

She would never ever work with Capaldi's Doctor.