Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617213161 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is no penalty for not voting.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samuel L Jackson View Post
    There are 15 accounts in play now. That means 8 for a majority lynch. Right, boss?

Time for some thoughts. I ain't gonna say this twice, so pay attention.

Sylvester Stallone is innocent. Why? Because he is a late addition and the only way you could add an extra player without upsetting the balance is for it to be a town member.

Vin Diesel, being a forgotten member, is still a potential member of the mafia. He wasn't added into the game, and indeed it could very well have been his scum mates that noticed his absence. But that's something to discover as we go on, not a conclusion we should leap to. Don't be a bitch about it.

We're looking for, at most, a three man mafia team.

Arnold is super powerful because of his double vote today. However, he's going to receive my vote. This is why:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger View Post
    Also, it's totally obvious now that Eastwood is mafia. Comes in at the eleventh hour and throws a vote at the person trying to get him out. Notice also that it happened three minutes after Statham switching his vote. The two are obviously in cahoots.
    It is not obvious that Clint Eastwood is mafia. He's not doing himself any favours by erratic behaviour, but a last minute vote does not necessarily make him mafia. Also, tying him to Jason Statham is just pointless. I highly doubt the mafia would go so far as to coordinate a last minute "lynch" attempt when Clint Eastwood was not in any real danger and neither were you.

Rookies, all these rookies, man.

##Vote: [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Except, I didn't know that nobody was in real danger? How could knowing after-the-fact have anything to do with it?

I stand by my reasoning. Eastwood was in danger but didn't post basically all day. His first post after that comes in just before the end of the day, and just moments after Statham switched his vote, breaking the tie. If the timing was coincidence, it was pretty freaking crazy coincidence. Tying them together could potentially fit the mafia paradigm as well, or at least what people have mentioned of it: there being 1 active, 1 non-active, and 1 semi-active. Sure, it would have been a blundering move to try to pull that off but who says the people playing the mafia know what they're doing? Maybe they got spooked at the thought of losing one of their members day1?

So anyway, I'm not saying I don't believe Eastwood's claim that it was a coincidence, because I believe in coincidences. Just don't like the look of this arrogant comic-book loving, beret-wearing fool trying to undermine my logic.

Reading through Day 0 this is how I see it:

Arny was a good choice for a lynch at the time. His logic is just typically flawed. More importantly he's sticking to the Clint Eastwood bandwagon just because it makes him least likely to die. Something earlier he said he wouldn't do:

Well I would throw a vote at Eastwood to get out of this stupid tie (because Statham's sowing chaos), but I honestly don't think Eastwood is mafia. I'm leaning toward Seagal or Statham. Seagal because he's trying to maneuver trout, Statham because he's too smurfing random with his votes. Why would a townie want there to be chaos?
    But then later redacts for no real reason...

It's nice to have the target off my back for a sec , but Diesel is quite the convenient choice as well, don't you think?

I'm more solid on Eastwood now that he's basically a no-show this evening, though there's still questions.
    Eastwood either doesn't want to play this or he's Mafia who doesn't want to give too much away by defending himself.
    However the only other people I'm getting any odd vibes from are Seagal and Statham, as I mentioned before.

Statham is hopping around SOWING CHAOS, and Seagal's trying to be too smooth and protect certain people.
    He also has that scummy tendency of saying 2 or so people give him "odd vibes" and goes into barely hashed reasoning. What does "SOWING CHAOS" even mean?

Next up on my Death List is Seagal.

He became obsessed with notion that Eastwood should be killed some point on Day 0 (he's still voting for him now on Day 1), but I can't seem to locate any post where he made an argument why East should be killed. In fact all of his arguments are that we should kill the loudest mafia player. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steven Seagal View Post
    Seagal and Johnson, you're both making me suspicious. Seagal for wanting to target actives when he knows that mafia often try to lie low at first.
    I don't know for sure how the mafia will act. It is my opinion that at least 1 active person is in the mafia. I do think that there is one mafia member doing more lurking than posting as well, but he is hiding in a crowd.

Also if we do get the loudest mafia member now then it will force the others to come out into the open.
    If that's your opinion why do you keep voting for someone who hasn't posted in this thread very much? If you think the town should be aiming to get the loudest mafioso then why were you voting for Eastwood someone who would fit the description as trying to skate through the day with a mere 6 or so posts?

##vote: Steven Seagal

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Hello. Good ol' Sly is here. Looks like I've missed out on all the fun in Day 0, sucks for me right? Well, I'm going to look through and see what's going on. Unless anyone cares to fill me in, I hate to be such a burden though.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Clint Eastwood View Post
    An inactive doesn't add anything and the Mafia are less likely to off them at night as it gives them an advantage later on. People who are not voting makes the Mafia's votes more powerful (10 players, 3 mafia and 7 towns, 2 towns are not saying anything so, it is really like 3 on 5. After 1 vote and a night kill it is a damn near dead lock at 3 on 3). Or those inactive towns could be Mafia laying low as has been said.
    There are 13 players, not 10. So assuming 3 mafia members like you suggested means 10 players who are not mafia. Note the word choice, there may be independant roles like Survivor, Lyncher/Lynchee, Serial Killer or Jester in the game as well.

Also I don't follow your logic. Go for inactives because by not voting they make the mafia votes have more weight. But you say that one inactive might be mafia. If a mafia member is not voting it negates the impact of an inactive pro town role not voting.

##Unvote: Samuel L Jackson
    ##Vote: Clint Eastwood
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Clint Eastwood View Post
    It was an example...
    My vote is based on the part I quoted from myself.

Also I don't follow your logic. Go for inactives because by not voting they make the mafia votes have more weight. But you say that one inactive might be mafia. If a mafia member is not voting it negates the impact of an inactive pro town role not voting.

Also Uma I have 2 main points in my posts.

The first is that I think Clint is scum.

The second is that I am against voting for someone without a reason. I have a reason to vote for Clint.

Ah, I did appear to have missed that post. Catching up can be hard after 4 years in a coma. I have more reading to do on Day 0. I enjoy the addition of it gives us a lot to go off of.

Also no I will not be unvoting at this time.

Except, I didn't know that nobody was in real danger? How could knowing after-the-fact have anything to do with it?
    Because, Mr Governor, I think you're lying. But then again, you could just be a panicking townie. Or you could be a mafia member who didn't realize he wasn't going to die and instead named his teammates to draw suspicion away from them. The possibilities are endless! I'm simply voting for you because I don't like the vibes you're giving me.

Eastwood was in danger but didn't post basically all day. His first post after that comes in just before the end of the day, and just moments after Statham switched his vote, breaking the tie. If the timing was coincidence, it was pretty freaking crazy coincidence.
    Alternative theory: Clint Eastwood, like most of us, has an outside life and was indisposed until that moment.

Point to consider: You didn't hit majority.

Tying them together could potentially fit the mafia paradigm as well, or at least what people have mentioned of it: there being 1 active, 1 non-active, and 1 semi-active. Sure, it would have been a blundering move to try to pull that off but who says the people playing the mafia know what they're doing? Maybe they got spooked at the thought of losing one of their members day1?
    It was Day 0. It was repeatedly stated to be Day 0. I don't know how many new players we have, but it is unlikely that the whole mafia thought there would be a lynch.

Another point: Any three members could potentially fit this "paradigm" of yours (ps do you like FFXIII?) so that's flimsy justification. A more likely explanation is that you shat yourself with fear, not the mafia, unless of course you are the mafia, in which case I am voting consistently well.

I'm not saying I don't believe Eastwood's claim that it was a coincidence
    Really? *cough* Because look at this:
    If the timing was coincidence, it was pretty freaking crazy coincidence.
    That implies a least a teensy bit of disbelief.

Just don't like the look of this arrogant comic-book loving, beret-wearing fool trying to undermine my logic.
    Two tips: Firstly, the point of the game is to undermine other people's logic. Secondly, get better logic if you want it to hold up to scrutiny.

Welcome to the game Stallone.
    I think my primary suspicion is on Arnold now. A lot of his posts are just really quite strange with a ton of bizarre accusations.

This post here still bothers me.
    My personal shortlist, btw:
    Eastwood, Seagal, Johnson, Cage, Jackson

nothing specific to go on for any of them though
    Even for day 0 this is quite odd. That shortlist consisted of a very large portion of everyone posting at the time... so it's pretty useless, not to mention the lack of anything to go on.
    I should also bring up all the chaos babble that thurman talked about. His posts just simply do not fit right with me.

Also... I find this post quite amusing.
    Well ha. Try to stir people to action gets you killed around here, eh?

Also, it's totally obvious now that Eastwood is mafia. Comes in at the eleventh hour and throws a vote at the person trying to get him out. Notice also that it happened three minutes after Statham switching his vote. The two are obviously in cahoots.

Oops.
    So for now...
    VOTE: The Kindergarten Cop Arnold.

I hope Dwayne Johnson lives for ages because his vote tally posts are super sexy and convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Uma Thurman View Post
    Reading through Day 0 this is how I see it:

Arny was a good choice for a lynch at the time. His logic is just typically flawed. More importantly he's sticking to the Clint Eastwood bandwagon just because it makes him least likely to die. Something earlier he said he wouldn't do:

Well I would throw a vote at Eastwood to get out of this stupid tie (because Statham's sowing chaos), but I honestly don't think Eastwood is mafia. I'm leaning toward Seagal or Statham. Seagal because he's trying to maneuver trout, Statham because he's too smurfing random with his votes. Why would a townie want there to be chaos?
    But then later redacts for no real reason...

It's nice to have the target off my back for a sec , but Diesel is quite the convenient choice as well, don't you think?

I'm more solid on Eastwood now that he's basically a no-show this evening, though there's still questions.
    Eastwood either doesn't want to play this or he's Mafia who doesn't want to give too much away by defending himself.
    However the only other people I'm getting any odd vibes from are Seagal and Statham, as I mentioned before.

Statham is hopping around SOWING CHAOS, and Seagal's trying to be too smooth and protect certain people.
    He also has that scummy tendency of saying 2 or so people give him "odd vibes" and goes into barely hashed reasoning. What does "SOWING CHAOS" even mean?
    Not sticking to anything. I said I believed Eastwood's claim. Well, actually I said I didn't not believe it, which isn't the same so I'll say it now. I believe the claim until I see evidence otherwise. I didn't know that mafia were the only ones who didn't know what was going on and had to whittle away at the available suspects, sometimes narrowing the list down to, well 2 people. None of us know for sure what's going on. I'm not in this by myself. We're doing this together, as such I share my feelings and get feedback before I go running off on my own like a vigilante.

I know I've been wishy-washy. I just don't want to kill a bunch of innocents while the mafia sit back and laugh. I've made that mistake before.

Blog Entries

2 - [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger - [M] Samuel L Jackson, [M] Daniel Craig
    1 - [M] Clint Eastwood - [M] Steven Seagal
    1 - [M] Steven Seagal - [M] Uma Thurman

22 and a half hours left.

what
    Say what again. I dare you. I double dare you, mothersmurfer.

Okay I couldn't resist I'm sorry I was just waiting for that. But here's the interesting bit:

vigilante.
    Is that a roleclaim, roidmachine?

Oh and
    I know I've been wishy-washy. I just don't want to kill a bunch of innocents while the mafia sit back and laugh. I've made that mistake before.
    That's pretty obvious for any town member. Nobody wants to kill their own teammates (except NeoCracker that crazy fool) but it doesn't make me sympathize with you.

Blog Entries

Say what again. I dare you. I double dare you, mothersmurfer.
    Holy trout. Holy trout that was glorious.