Page 16 of 111 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122263666 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steven Seagal View Post

Case 1. Arnold is not in the mafia. Mafia pile votes on Arnold to ensure that he is lynched and not one of their own. Most likely members of the mafia are the final three voters: Will Smith, Jason Statham, Clint Eastwood. I highly doubt all 3 are in the mafia, but I'm convinced that at least one of them is. Also note that not mafia does not guarantee town. It can also mean third party.

Case 2. Arnold is in the mafia. Other members of the mafia try and put another person into the spotlight to try and draw attention from Arnold. When it looks like Arnold is going to be lynched, throw him under the bus (a term meaning to sacrifice him)to look like they are town. Jason Statham and Clint Eastwood are likely mafia members under this case as they both have late votes on Arnold. Again it's highly unlikely that both are in the mafia, but there is a very good chance one of them is.
    So you're creating a no-win situation for Statham and Eastwood based on zero hard evidence.

##Unvote
    ##Vote Steven Seagal

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jason Statham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish
    Since Sam has actually been a participant, I'll give him a pass for now. Bruce, however, has been nothing but useless and his last few posts have done nothing to help any of us.
    Who took the jam out of your doughnut? You'll get no help from me if your attitude stays like that, mister.
    I'm not going to be nice to you to get you to help. You should help since it's part of playing the game.

Thanks for posting though. That allows me to do this:

##unvote: Bruce Willis
    ##vote: Sam Jackson

His arguments have been convincing, but mafia can have convincing arguments too. The main reasons for this vote are the day kill comment, continual confusion from posting in character and with image macros, and his earlier fishing for my role.

I apologize that I can't elaborate more, but this is difficult posting from an iPad.
    Lets start here. What do you guys think of this post and jasons behavior recently? Do you guys find it odd at all?

So what you're essentially saying is that I should just start flinging trout at people and hope that it sticks? No thank you. This early on we have absolutely nothing to go on, everything we're doing is pretty much guesswork anyway. The best we can ever hope for on a first day is to either have a mafia slip up and expose themselves, which isn't easy if they're even moderately competent, or just get lucky and hope the person we end up lynching is mafia. Which as I said, is basically a crap shoot. Analyzing people and what they say at a point in the game where there isn't any evidence or night kills to go on is pretty much pointless, in my opinion.

You continue to insist that I've done nothing to help the town so far, well I disagree. This may be a little long winded, so bear with me. Keep in mind that what I'm about to say is also just a hypothesis, and the most straightforward one at that. I'm not saying that this is exactly what is happening, and that other ideas should be discounted, I'm just putting out the most obvious and simple idea out there.

What I can make out from what you're saying is that in order to be a useful town player, I should have been spending the entire game so far needling at people, trying to pick apart everything they say and try to convince everyone else that anything I think is suspicious is exactly what I say it is. Being that we're so early into the game that this is pretty much all any of us have got to go on, surely then it stands to reason that this is exactly what any active mafia members would be trying to do. "We have to blend in! We have to make the town think we're one of them! Let's do exactly what a good townie would!"

If you take that to be a reasonable assumption, how exactly would it help anyone for me to do exactly the same thing the rest of the town and the mafia are doing? It wouldn't. It would just be another roll of the dice hoping to pin something on someone regardless of who they are affiliated with.

So I haven't done that. Instead I've had a thoroughly enjoyable time poncing around in the thread, amusing myself by annoying you lot and seeing exactly what kind of reactions it would garner. So let's take a look at that. Instead of playing a generic townie game, I've been doing something outside of what would be considered safe or useful townie playing. And immediately, there have been people jumping all over it. LOOK! SOMETHING DIFFERENT! BLAME IT FOR ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS! Could they just be well meaning townies who genuinely believe there's something fishy about me? Sure! But who exactly would stand to gain the most from someone like me at this stage of the game?

"Look! Bruce isn't being helpful. If we start screaming at him about how unhelpful he's being, it'll help our cover out. We'll look like really helpful townies!" I think you see where I'm going with this.

So am I accusing you three of being mafia? No, not really. Am I trying to convince you that this is all a big ploy and I'm definitely town? No again. You can make your own minds up. I don't really care either way. But to immediately look at the guy who is not doing what a townie should and assume there's something up, and that everyone trying their best to be helpful must be town...well. Make your own mind up on how much sense that makes.

And I'm still waiting for a please or a thank you, Statham.

I used the word "exactly" way too many times in that post and it offends me. DAMN YOU AND YOUR NO EDITING RULES MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nicolas Cage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steven Seagal View Post

Case 1. Arnold is not in the mafia. Mafia pile votes on Arnold to ensure that he is lynched and not one of their own. Most likely members of the mafia are the final three voters: Will Smith, Jason Statham, Clint Eastwood. I highly doubt all 3 are in the mafia, but I'm convinced that at least one of them is. Also note that not mafia does not guarantee town. It can also mean third party.

Case 2. Arnold is in the mafia. Other members of the mafia try and put another person into the spotlight to try and draw attention from Arnold. When it looks like Arnold is going to be lynched, throw him under the bus (a term meaning to sacrifice him)to look like they are town. Jason Statham and Clint Eastwood are likely mafia members under this case as they both have late votes on Arnold. Again it's highly unlikely that both are in the mafia, but there is a very good chance one of them is.
    So you're creating a no-win situation for Statham and Eastwood based on zero hard evidence.

##Unvote
    ##Vote Steven Seagal
    We only get hard evidence when somebody dies, and that has not happened yet. All cases against anybody are without hard evidence.

Those are my thoughts on who I think is most likely mafia. They could be wrong, but I think they are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    So what you're essentially saying is that I should just start flinging trout at people and hope that it sticks? No thank you. This early on we have absolutely nothing to go on, everything we're doing is pretty much guesswork anyway. The best we can ever hope for on a first day is to either have a mafia slip up and expose themselves, which isn't easy if they're even moderately competent, or just get lucky and hope the person we end up lynching is mafia. Which as I said, is basically a crap shoot. Analyzing people and what they say at a point in the game where there isn't any evidence or night kills to go on is pretty much pointless, in my opinion.
    But that's the thing. You haven't even done that! If you think it's a crapshoot then don't just hold the dice in you hand. Roll them and see what you get.

So am I accusing you three of being mafia? No, not really. Am I trying to convince you that this is all a big ploy and I'm definitely town? No again. You can make your own minds up. I don't really care either way. But to immediately look at the guy who is not doing what a townie should and assume there's something up, and that everyone trying their best to be helpful must be town...well. Make your own mind up on how much sense that makes.
    Who said must? You yourself said this is a crapshoot. We're trying to go off what evidence is presented. Some mafia will try to be helpful, but I've always found it's easier to lay low and not make any commitments one way or the other when mafia. Each is a viable strategy, and in the end we have to go with what feel is the most likely person to be mafia, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Daniel Craig View Post
    Lets start here. What do you guys think of this post and jasons behavior recently? Do you guys find it odd at all?
    If you don't, there's something wrong with you. I'm pretty odd.

So, im going to take the bait
    ##vote: jason

What was up with your erratic voting earlier? Im really quite curious.
    Care to explain yourself?

I would really rather not explain the reason for the erratic voting at the present time. If you think I'm mafia for doing that, then that's your perogative. I can tell you why I made each vote, if you'd like.

Anything would be nice.

Roll them and see what you get.
    No. I already said I think it's stupid. And there are plenty enough people willing to just randomly fling trout at people and attempt to deal with the consequences later. I don't need to do the same thing!

Who said must? You yourself said this is a crapshoot. We're trying to go off what evidence is presented. Some mafia will try to be helpful, but I've always found it's easier to lay low and not make any commitments one way or the other when mafia. Each is a viable strategy, and in the end we have to go with what feel is the most likely person to be mafia, all things considered.
    No one said anything. Like I said in my post, it was merely a hypothesis. The point I was trying to make is that for one, taking things at face value at any point in mafia, but particularly this early on, is stupid. For two, there are plenty of ways to get information out of people. You apparently like to randomly vote for reasons you're not willing to share and try and hype up anything you think you can pass off as suspicious trying to get people to crack. I like to be a tit and see what people do. But to say I'm doing nothing beneficial to the town at all is poppycock! And you're still an impolite, boorish cad.

I would in fact go so far as to say that my drawing out the rage of you three by asking for Statham to being polite and your immediate attempts at vile discrimination has given us more useful information than any of your vote flopping and generic dice rolling crap flinging so you should all grovel in apology and kiss my perky little cottontail.

Oh snap son, looks like Jason Statham is a rookie mothersmurfer too! I am so very sorry that you find it hard to understand what I am saying, but let me articulate it for you:

Image macros make the game fun kid. And that's what we're all about, ain't it? Fun! FUN! But apparently that's getting in the way of the substance. And apparently you can't see that my ##Daykill was in response to Brucey's attempt, and neither of them were activated. Slip of the tongue? Fake-out? Puh-lease, nigga, you can't be serious. If you are legit on that than not even Jesus can save our souls now, we goin' all die.

Circumstantial evidence from a past mafia game is not exactly admissible data, son. Not like this. I didn't bring up the fact that Mayuri (Bleach Mafia) was a late admission to the game and was non-town aligned for two reasons: a) it's not smurfing important; and b) some mothersmurfers would assume that big man Sly Stallone was not innocent. And he is. And I will tell you why later.

I'm not fishing for your role either, but hell, it'd be nice if you'd tell us. I still don't know why we don't do that more often! Everybody roleclaim day one and see how it travels from there. Here, I'll start.

Remember when I said this?
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samuel L Jackson View Post
    I knew you weren't the vigilante anyway.
    Can you guess why?

Let's give Jason some other points since he's worried about me having too much fun. You see that stone looking guy? Dwayne Johnson? See how he's real super helpful by posting those beautifully formatted updates (keep that up btw ), but doesn't post much in the way of substance? Yeah, I'll spell this one out for you:

Oh, and about Sly? He's innocent because there's a third-party killing faction. 3 mafia, 1 third-party killer. That's who you're hunting. How do I know? Oh, you know

Here's my explanation for the votes.

Someone mentioned the "active inactives", or something like that (it was Craig or Rocky I think). Basically it's the people who aren't truly inactive, but make only a few fluff posts that say one or two things and then go off into nothing. Those people are the hardest to get a read on since they're never around enough to answer questions, but never absent enough to be an eyesore. Liam, Smith, and Cage were some of those players at that time (still are really) and that's why I put a vote on each of them. When mafia get votes they start to get nervous, and when they get nervous they change their behavior. The beauty of vote swapping is that the vote doesn't count (so it doesn't really matter in the end), but it's still on the record and may bring some players out of the woodwork.

My vote for Seagal came from this explanation I made, and as an early Day 1 vote I don't have much to elaborate (and I've since changed it to someone I suspect more).
    Something that bugs me a bit more is Steven Seagal sticking to his guns on Clint. Easty did finally show up and made a few posts of substance. That's more than could be said of most of the rest of this town (it feels like less than half the players have actually made a substantial contribution so far).
    My vote for Bruce Willis was based on my first point above (he was also one of those players) and the fact that when he finally showed up he spent his time posting macros with Sam Jackson. It reminded me of another time a mafia player used a similar tactic to fly under the radar.

My vote on Sam Jackson (current vote) was based on my explanation made not too long ago. He was trying to use my vote switching to fish for my role (why would you fish for roles on Day 1? Mafia aren't going to roleclaim and outing town roles so early certainly doesn't help us). He used the term "Day Kill", while a joke, it may imply he has a "Night Kill" (see Relm for this exact thing happening last mafia). And finally, his aforementioned macro session with Bruce Willis which only served to be filler. I don't trust anyone in these games, but I generally trust those posting in character the least because it's easy to hide behind your "amusing" posts.

Best to fling poo, Bruce then to just be a spectator. This can be played like a spectator game, but it wouldn't really be conducive to either side. Unless you're just talking in your Mafia forum.

For it to be really enjoyable everyone should be talking. Bitches ain't trout and they ain't sayin' nothin'. I beez in the trap.

I'm a little perterbed
    What? Why are you a peterbed? And please do explain those votes.

I stay by my vote for Seagal for now, but crazy Statham and lie low Bruce are also suspicious.

##Vote: Steven Seagal