Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 263640414243444546474849505152566696 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Dwayne Johnson and Nicolas Cage are at the top of my list for "people to put into my magic box to saw people in half" because of their hate for the daykilling. You guys suck. Lighten up. I know Nic Cage has some issues to attend with

but Dwayne really has no excuse. I mean, you're the one who campaigned with a slogan like this

Don't be the fun police you dweebs. Okay, back to miso soup for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dwayne Johnson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger View Post
    I know I lashed out at Weaver, but it wasn't because I think she's scum, she was just being jerkish. You, however, Johnson, bandwagon mugged Weaver, which is really odd, and seems out of character for you, and I think is scummy. Just saying. One thing at a time though.
    1. Seagal
    2. Statham
    3. Johnson
    Sorry what? Bandwagoned? Hardly. I was one of the first people to pick up on several discrepancies with Weaver's account of things. I'd say Will Smith and Nicolas Cage bandwagoned more than anything. I gave a full and frank reason for me voting for Weaver: #513

That's not bandwagoning, that's using logic and analysing which many people on here keep saying I should be using more of. Meanwhile, Will Smith pops up for a moment, votes for Weaver saying naff all, and then disappears. Now that's bandwagoning.

Besides, I'm now convinced that Weaver probably isn't scum, and I unvoted.
    Pretty sure I said that I didn't have a lot of time to do any long argumentative posts and even a small one stating what I really think (that I don't believe any of you ever) took time away from food. Food, guys. Guess what, I have time later today but the day will have ended by then so I'll have something ready for day 3 if I make it through the night. I'm sure everyone here can tell that I go to the beat of my own drum and am here to have fun.

As for my vote, I saw her as bandwagoning on role claiming which also happened in the last game and it fooled us all. I'm quite happy with either her or Statham going down to approve the claims and we all know from day 1 that I think Statham is trying to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuck in a Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Story Book Weaver View Post
    Stop helping the rookie.
    ##Vote: Weaver
    I'll help anyone I think is town. Derp-fueled mislynches are bad for my wincon.
    That's a bandwagon vote there. Not a whole lot of reason or rhyme for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samuel L Jackson View Post
    Man that was a trip! When's the next one happening?

Also, I forget who asked but here is another super pic of me reppin' the sexy wig mothersmurfers.

Probably me

Whoever can supply me with accurate vote counts of Days 0, 1 and the up-to-date vote count for Day 2 is guaranteed not to get a vote of Samuel L Jackson for the rest of the game. I am looking at you Dwayne Johnson, this is your chance to put those tallying skills to use! Jet Li is acceptable, as are the rest of you, but I cannot analyse the data if I do not have it! (And smurf chasing it myself; I always do that and it is inefficient!)

People Samuel L Jackson suspects of being Mafia
    Harrison Ford - Him or Jet Li. Vin Diesel is a possibility but a long shot in my eye. Just got the one eye. I'm in role as Nick Fury.

Jason Statham - I like your role claim. I do. I can see evidence of you planning it. But I don't trust you. Nothing personal, but I cannot trust a man who so calmly falls to his death. You know what I mean.

Dwayne Johnson - You post helpful things but not insightful or constructive things. You also hate jokes and fun and that makes me angry. I know the Hulk, don't make me sic him on you. Please post more before I murder you.

Daniel Craig - I am of the belief that a member of the mafia lies within the triumvirate of Will Smith, Liam Neeson and Daniel Craig. Daniel Craig has my pick at the moment because he has not agreed with my points enough. I like people who tell me I am smart and correct. Please feed my ego Daniel

People Samuel L Jackson does not like
    Sigourney Weaver -
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sigourney Weaver View Post
    I'm not going to lynch someone because you think they might be the killer. You need to have more proof.
    This statement coupled with a lot of other things leaves a sour taste in my mouth. There was a reason you were in this list and not the above but I forgot what it was. You have roleclaimed cop, which is both a positive and negative mark against you, but I will let it sit for now.

Nicolas Cage - You do not like my jokes or my image macros. You deserve the bees. I would also like to see some real contributions from you mister fly-in-fly-out.

People Samuel L Jackson wishes to speak to about the Avengers Initiative
    Uma Thurman - I have decided that the old adage of "I am not the bomb" does not apply. Wait, that's the wrong joke. Uma Thurman is playing fast and loose, which is a style not unseen before but a style I do not think would fly in a game with Samuel L Jackson watching out. If you are a member of the Mafia then I will discover it sooner or later, but I will count on you when the Earth is threatened.

Bruce Willis - I simply want to play your game more often. Maybe I can run my own variant now too?

Arnold Schwarzenegger - I am sorry for trying to kill you at the beginning. It was nothing personal I am feeling more confident in your loyalty to the town (if not your wife !) as time goes on, but I am unsure as to whether that is mostly because of your status as a rookie, your apparent quietening, or my simple desire for penance. Or maybe it's just that other people look like bigger scumbags. Who knows?

Sylvester Stallone - Despite not inviting me to the Expendables (I would have brought the Avengers with me and we would have been invincible), I am sticking to my meta gaming and stating that Sly is innocent. If he is a bad guy then I will be sad and have a complete loss of reputation. Thankfully due to the nature of comic books, being disgraced is only a temporary hindrance that allows us to come back stronger than before, so win-win for me.

This will all change once I get those vote counts btw.

I am bored, hungry, and out of miso soup. I am going to leave you absent mothersmurfers for some good food and entertainment.

I'm glad some stuff happened while I was away. I really don't like all of these random votes. Liam randomly shows up and votes Uma. Vin randomly shows up and votes Liam. Harrison Ford (wtf he was in this game?) makes his very first appearance and votes Weaver. Ford is at least addressing some of the issues of the day but the others are pretty much staying away from the confrontations and therefore discussions. Only Sam Jackson is actually addressing multiple issues.

Bruce, if it helps me any: Please. There you have it. I will say I don't think you're bad, though I do wish you would contribute a little bit more.

Oh my. I knew you had it in you, Turkish you lovely lad you. And see the benefits it will reap you! You have now won, without a shadow of a doubt, the Brucey Bonus of the day! All just because of the word "please". Don't worry so much about "Thank You"...I think you'll find that will come naturally, sooner than you might think. Especially since you've taken the first step!

As for contributing more, I don't really have much of anything else to add. I've already said what I wanted to say so far, mainly that Dwayne is suspicious and still hasn't addressed anything said about him by me, you or Liam. I also still don't believe Weaver's role claim and agree that people who have just thought "Oh, cop claim! Let's vote Jason like she said!" are jumping the gun. Who actually investigates anyone other than themselves on day one? And even if they do, who then claims it in the thread on day two without waiting to do a self-check first? Either a liar or a dumb cop. Neither of which are particularly helpful to us.

I don't necessarily think you're clean and dry either Jason, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for today. Though now that you've claimed, I would like to see some kind of tangible results from whatever it is your given role happens to be today. Anything as vague and co-incidentally lucky as gunsmith and well, I don't know.

I don't know how to guarantee tangible results because I have no idea what role I will be assigned next. Even if I said something like "I will use any night power I get on [blank]", it wouldn't make a difference since there's no guarantee of that person surviving the night.

As it stands it doesn't really matter since I'm up for lynch and the clock has wound down. So rather than focusing on saving myself I want to try and help the town with my time remaining.

After thinking about it for a while, I think Liam's random vote smells the worst. While you shouldn't blindly trust cop claims, claiming this early is a dangerous game for a mafia and I'm inclined to believe her. What I think is that she is an Insane or Paranoid Cop and just acting a bit rash with her first result. Plus she claimed before I revealed my Gunsmith result which is too consistent to be coincidence. So the vote on Uma for that reason makes no sense, and it is a pretty "safe" vote with a "safe" reason.

Vin Diesel and Rocky Johnson still don't sit well with me but Liam has moved up to the top spot in my eyes.

##Unvote: Vin Diesel
    ##Vote: Liam Neeson

Oh right, the day is going to wrap up soon. In keeping with the theme:

##vote Dwayne Johnson

The People's Chump has done precisely nothing to allay any suspicions I have had of him since yesterday, so I will stick with it.

Also, it's a fair point Turkish, but at the very least I'd like to know what you did now that you've claimed, if it's not something that is best kept secret (can't really think what that would be right now but there you go.) I don't see what you'd have to lose by being open with us from this point on.

Has anyone else said or done anything worth considering? I'll be honest, my memory isn't so good and I've not been paying much attention to anyone outside my sphere of interest because just generic mafia.

Fast and loose you say Sam? Right now as far as I see it, I'm playing lazy. The town is making good moves and jumping on scummy members. They're testing the right claims. When this town goes astray I will help lead them back, but for now they are on target.

After this lynch we'll learn a lot, tonight we'll likely learn even more. Getting the Psycho Day One was clutch. We'll make it through. Stand strong, together.

So say we all.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Will Smith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuck in a Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Story Book Weaver View Post
    Stop helping the rookie.
    ##Vote: Weaver
    I'll help anyone I think is town. Derp-fueled mislynches are bad for my wincon.
    That's a bandwagon vote there. Not a whole lot of reason or rhyme for doing it.
    That is not a bandwaton vote.

That is a vote for a reason -- furthermore a reason that is stated right along with the vote.

This is what is known as the opposite of a bandwagon vote.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Uma Thurman View Post
    So say we all.
    OK I don't want to kill you anymore.

What's the vote count? Do I even have a chance?