Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst 12345678910142454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Seagal and Johnson, you're both making me suspicious. Seagal for wanting to target actives when he knows that mafia often try to lie low at first. Is he the mafia spokesperson trying to protect his scummy friends? Johnson is all over the place. Scum trying too hard or hyperactive townie?

I'm beginning to lean toward Eastwood, because he hasn't tried to defend himself after receiving three votes early. A townie would be panicking right now, I would think.

Also another reason going after inactives is flawed. These four posted once. and for each said post is filler.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Daniel Craig View Post
    The names Craig. Daniel Craig.
    There, I posted. I need to get to bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    Hi, I'm Going to Bed. I'm sorry for the short post, but if you'll excuse me I've got to go to Bruce Willis.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Liam Neeson View Post
    Mafia Scum. I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Nice collection of people! Nic Cage, though? It's meant to be badasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jason Statham View Post
    A guy in an empty chair told me Clint Eastwood is mafia.

##Vote: Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger View Post
    Seagal and Johnson, you're both making me suspicious. Seagal for wanting to target actives when he knows that mafia often try to lie low at first. Is he the mafia spokesperson trying to protect his scummy friends? Johnson is all over the place. Scum trying too hard or hyperactive townie?

I'm beginning to lean toward Eastwood, because he hasn't tried to defend himself after receiving three votes early. A townie would be panicking right now, I would think.
    To be honest, I'd rather go for those who have spoken up once, and fell to a deep silence. Will Smith piped up very early and now has been mute.

I'm feeling slightly better about Weavil and Thermal though. Despite all the talk about them, they're still quite. A mafia scum would be quick to retaliate and announce themselves to ward off suspicion, but yet they remain quiet. Most likely inactives.

It's not the quiet ones to be careful about, it's the "almost quiet" ones.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dwayne Johnson View Post

To be honest, I'd rather go for those who have spoken up once, and fell to a deep silence. Will Smith piped up very early and now has been mute.

I'm feeling slightly better about Weavil and Thermal though. Despite all the talk about them, they're still quite. A mafia scum would be quick to retaliate and announce themselves to ward off suspicion, but yet they remain quiet. Most likely inactives.

I disagree. You need to be careful about everybody who is not you.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steven Seagal View Post

Hey, you're not me. You must be mafia.

Seriously though, I need to know where we're headed for this, at least where people are leaning. I would just dump on Eastwood, but he may just not be around to defend himself, and those votes on him, coming out of nowhere are either just random day1 votes or mafia trying to start trout. Mafia know who to target, townies don't, right?
    Point being I won't be here later to vote so I need to do so now if it's to be of any help at all.

My personal shortlist, btw:
    Eastwood, Seagal, Johnson, Cage, Jackson

nothing specific to go on for any of them though

Seagal and Johnson, you're both making me suspicious. Seagal for wanting to target actives when he knows that mafia often try to lie low at first.
    I don't know for sure how the mafia will act. It is my opinion that at least 1 active person is in the mafia. I do think that there is one mafia member doing more lurking than posting as well, but he is hiding in a crowd.

Also if we do get the loudest mafia member now then it will force the others to come out into the open.

I am popping in to say that I am at work and can't really do much right now (before was lunch break). 2 people randomly voted for me and Seagal doesn't like the idea of voting for people who are not playing and doesn't like the worse case scenario of it. I can't really defend against the nonsense votes and don't have the time for Seagal right now.

It is also working hours in the US right now. I imagine people will pop up later on tonight so just be cool.

Hey, you're not me. You must be mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Clint Eastwood View Post
    I am popping in to say that I am at work and can't really do much right now (before was lunch break). 2 people randomly voted for me and Seagal doesn't like the idea of voting for people who are not playing and doesn't like the worse case scenario of it. I can't really defend against the nonsense votes and don't have the time for Seagal right now.

It is also working hours in the US right now. I imagine people will pop up later on tonight so just be cool.
    Well you can't really defend against nonsense votes no matter what you do.

Just remember that my vote is on you because I find you to be the most likely to be in the mafia.

Seagal and Johnson, you're both making me suspicious. Seagal for wanting to target actives when he knows that mafia often try to lie low at first.
    I don't know for sure how the mafia will act. It is my opinion that at least 1 active person is in the mafia. I do think that there is one mafia member doing more lurking than posting as well, but he is hiding in a crowd.

Also if we do get the loudest mafia member now then it will force the others to come out into the open.
    Sounds reasonable. Getting the active mafia would be great, but who? People who have been loudest: Me, Seagal, Johnson, Jackson.

Seagal's being super reasonable/rational. Perhaps TOO reasonable?
    Johnson makes me suspicious, but in the way that HC seemed suspicious the first time he played.
    I don't really know what to think about Jackson because he's been so quiet since posting several times early.

I've got like 10 minutes then I'm voting, one way or another, because I'll be gone for a while.

I can't be told by clint eastwood to just be cool, and not be cool. So consider me chilled. :meditate:

Wait, so Seagal, you still think Eastwood is Mafia? I know I said I was leaning toward him earlier, but he spoke up and seemed reasonable about it. What else are you going on to vote for him?

*filler post*

Also: ties are fun.

##Unvote: Eastwood
    ##Vote: Arnold Swdfsdlfhsdlfhs

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Ah, the age old debate - the Day 1 (or 0 in this case) inactive vote.

Just out of curiosity, Mr Seagal, what makes you think Mr Eastwood is most likely to be mafia? I apologise if you've explained this, it's been a long day.

Why I think Eastwood is the most likely to be mafia.
    An inactive doesn't add anything and the Mafia are less likely to off them at night as it gives them an advantage later on. People who are not voting makes the Mafia's votes more powerful (10 players, 3 mafia and 7 towns, 2 towns are not saying anything so, it is really like 3 on 5. After 1 vote and a night kill it is a damn near dead lock at 3 on 3). Or those inactive towns could be Mafia laying low as has been said.
    There are 13 players, not 10. So assuming 3 mafia members like you suggested means 10 players who are not mafia. Note the word choice, there may be independant roles like Survivor, Lyncher/Lynchee, Serial Killer or Jester in the game as well.

Also I don't follow your logic. Go for inactives because by not voting they make the mafia votes have more weight. But you say that one inactive might be mafia. If a mafia member is not voting it negates the impact of an inactive pro town role not voting.

##Unvote: Samuel L Jackson
    ##Vote: Clint Eastwood
    The number throwing says scare tactic, and it's misinformation. He presents it in a way saying we must not make any mistakes because the mafia is close to us in size minus inactives.
    Then the logic for voting inactives is flawed, and by his own logic all the inactives should be town as the mafia are going to all vote and outnumber the town.