Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920243464 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I gots to get smurfing used to this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Day One - Up to date tally

I swear Jason Statham, those ridiculous unvotes were just annoying! Anyway, here's Dwayne Johnson's patented tally template, courtesy of the latest energy drink/protein shake I'm sponsoring.

Day One
    8 for absolute majority (I think)

1 [M] Clint Eastwood : Steven Seagal

2 [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger : Samuel L. Jackson, Daniel Craig

2 [M] Steven Seagal : Uma Thurman, Jason Statham

1 [M] Bruce Willis : Arnold Schwarzenegger,

0 [M] Liam Neeson : Jason Statham

0 [M] Will Smith : Jason Statham

0 [M] Nicolas Cage : Jason Statham

Abstains

Liam Neeson
    Dwayne Johnson
    Sigourney Weaver
    Bruce Willis
    Will Smith
    Clint Eastwood
    Nicolas Cage

Now with the tally out of the way, let's talk. Not much has really changed essentially from the latter end of Day 0 to be honest. From what I can gather:

• We all still hate Arnold. Fair enough.
    • I have no idea why Steven Seagal is voting Eastwood. I've not really got a reason. If there is a reason, someone sign post it to me
    • We all are fixated on Arnold. Too much I think

The problem is, we all sort of know that Arnold is a complete novice at this, and I don't think he's pretending to be dopey so we all go "this guy" and leave him alone. If he is, well, that plan completely failed.

I've been reading over the latest posts now, and like a good majority of them are targeted to Arnold. It's just wasting time I think, we have him cornered, and we can simply off him later on. There's still other mafia members out there! They'll probably take this as an opportunity to bandwagon on Arnold to blend in, which, to be honest is probably what they're doing. The sacrificial lamb approach is a classic.

But I digress. Can we talk about something else now? We need to locate the other members, seeing how we all more or less agree on Arnold. I'd very much like to know Seagal's reason for Clint, which would be a start unless I missed it somewhere in the wall o' text.

Dwayne, here is his reason unless it has changed

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steven Seagal View Post
    Why I think Eastwood is the most likely to be mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steven Seagal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Clint Eastwood View Post
    An inactive doesn't add anything and the Mafia are less likely to off them at night as it gives them an advantage later on. People who are not voting makes the Mafia's votes more powerful (10 players, 3 mafia and 7 towns, 2 towns are not saying anything so, it is really like 3 on 5. After 1 vote and a night kill it is a damn near dead lock at 3 on 3). Or those inactive towns could be Mafia laying low as has been said.
    There are 13 players, not 10. So assuming 3 mafia members like you suggested means 10 players who are not mafia. Note the word choice, there may be independant roles like Survivor, Lyncher/Lynchee, Serial Killer or Jester in the game as well.

Also I don't follow your logic. Go for inactives because by not voting they make the mafia votes have more weight. But you say that one inactive might be mafia. If a mafia member is not voting it negates the impact of an inactive pro town role not voting.

##Unvote: Samuel L Jackson
    ##Vote: Clint Eastwood
    The number throwing says scare tactic, and it's misinformation. He presents it in a way saying we must not make any mistakes because the mafia is close to us in size minus inactives.
    Then the logic for voting inactives is flawed, and by his own logic all the inactives should be town as the mafia are going to all vote and outnumber the town.
    To which I say

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Clint Eastwood View Post
    Seagal is making a mountain out of a crushed ant hill. I gave an example of why I thought that and he ran with it making grand claims of misinformation and blah blah blah. It is that worse case scenario sort of scenario but that is all it is. I don't really like that so many people have removed the option to not vote for inactives outright as you are pretty much telling the mafia to shut up so they can easily survive Day whatever this is.
    I hope that helps you out.

Whelp, I need to learn how to read.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samuel L Jackson View Post
    What the smurf was that, Jason Statham? You got some voting component to your role that you ain't telling us about, or you just crazy?
    It can't be both? Don't worry about it.

I'm a little perterbed by the back and forth between Sam and Bruce. Posting image macros and in character is a great way to keep people entertained without having to actually participate. This in particular has me a bit worried:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samuel L Jackson View Post
    Top dog Teddy ain't gonna stand for no mothersmurfing shenanigans like this Brucey, so it's time for you to pack the smurf up and hit the showers 'cause Mr Unbreakable done got broke.

##Daykill: [M] Bruce Willis
    "Daykill" implies having a night kill, and most roles with night kills are scum. It was a fakeout, but it also could have been a slip of the tongue. In the last game, Relm made the same "Daykill" joke and she ended up being mafia. She also posted annoying images to confuse people as well.

Since Sam has actually been a participant, I'll give him a pass for now. Bruce, however, has been nothing but useless and his last few posts have done nothing to help any of us.

##Unvote: Seagal
    ##Vote: Bruce Willis

Okay, so we started with 13 players; Conventional wisdom says the number of mafia should be (number of town) / 3, rounded down, which gives us 3 scum vs 10 town. We now have 15, which is a tipping point; 3 scum would leave 12 town, 12 town calls for 4 scum, but barely.

You know what would ruin the balance more than not having enough scum? If we could tell who was scum based on when they were added in--so I think that all of our scum players were on the original player list.

It's also a safe bet that all of the new additions have been vanilla townies, since additional PRs would upset the game balance as well.

I will not be voting for anyone who was added in since gamestart today.

##Vote: Arnold

It was a good vote yesterday, and it's a good vote today.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish
    Since Sam has actually been a participant, I'll give him a pass for now. Bruce, however, has been nothing but useless and his last few posts have done nothing to help any of us.
    Who took the jam out of your doughnut? You'll get no help from me if your attitude stays like that, mister.

I do not think the late additions of Stallone and Diesel mean that they must be vanilla. They could be a power role, mafia, have a special role without night actions like miller or beloved princess, or be a third party role. I'm not speculating about what their roles are, just pointing out that it's not safe to assume anything yet.

Also be careful about speculating Arnolds role based on how he is playing. It's classic WIFOM.

WIFOM - MafiaWiki

Fresh Price Log. Day 1:

Man there was some smurfed up trout that happened on day 0. Don’t think any of us expected no one to get killed off after all that. Guess those who came in late or kept quiet are the lucky ones as none of them were trying to convince others who was mafia or not. The sun has yet to go down after more than 36 hours so our minds are all a bit frazzled. Now Arnie gets a few votes, so he can vote for two different people or try extra hard to down someone.

Coming in on Day 1 we FINALLY got some ladies to appear and daaaaaammmmm man are they fine. Thank goodness too because Samuel L. Jackson was starting to look really sexy in that pink wig. Mr. Statham is acting really cuckoo so my hunch is that either he’s trying to get lynched to win (whatever that role is called someone remind me) or he just likes being a little trout disturber. I don’t have any solid ideas on anyone else right now. Maybe once I get a chance to really read between the lines and kill off a few more aliens or zombies I’ll have a better idea. Got hit on the head a lot for drumming a random white lady’s boobies today. My partners suck sometimes.

Hopefully the mafia will not be cliché with their kill tonight.

Will the role you are thinking of is the Jester.

Ah yes. Good memory, dude.

alright now another thing i want to look at is the votes from day 0. Keep in mind that everyone who voted did so assuming that the person with the majority would be lynched.

Day 0 final votes

5 Arnold Schwarzenegger : Samuel L. Jackson, Nicolas Cage, Will Smith, Jason Statham, Clint Eastwood

3 Clint Eastwood : Dwayne Johnson, Steven Seagal, Arnold Schwarzenegger

1 Will Smith : Liam Neeson

1 Steven Seagal : Sigourney Weaver

1 Jason Statham : Daniel Craig
    I think there was a bandwagon on Arnold. This leads to two cases. Remember that neither case is confirmed, and it is either case one or case 2.

Case 1. Arnold is not in the mafia. Mafia pile votes on Arnold to ensure that he is lynched and not one of their own. Most likely members of the mafia are the final three voters: Will Smith, Jason Statham, Clint Eastwood. I highly doubt all 3 are in the mafia, but I'm convinced that at least one of them is. Also note that not mafia does not guarantee town. It can also mean third party.

Case 2. Arnold is in the mafia. Other members of the mafia try and put another person into the spotlight to try and draw attention from Arnold. When it looks like Arnold is going to be lynched, throw him under the bus (a term meaning to sacrifice him)to look like they are town. Jason Statham and Clint Eastwood are likely mafia members under this case as they both have late votes on Arnold. Again it's highly unlikely that both are in the mafia, but there is a very good chance one of them is.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish
    Who took the jam out of your doughnut? You'll get no help from me if your attitude stays like that, mister.
    I'm not going to be nice to you to get you to help. You should help since it's part of playing the game.

Thanks for posting though. That allows me to do this:

##unvote: Bruce Willis
    ##vote: Sam Jackson

His arguments have been convincing, but mafia can have convincing arguments too. The main reasons for this vote are the day kill comment, continual confusion from posting in character and with image macros, and his earlier fishing for my role.

I apologize that I can't elaborate more, but this is difficult posting from an iPad.

So im back for a little bit... And i did some thinking
    I think im going to take my attention off arnold for now.
    Unvote: arny

And while im at it... Jason, why did you thank bruce for posting before unvoting him and turning to jackson? This, coupled with your bizarre voting/unvoting shenanigans earlier has me pretty concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by '[M
    Will Smith;3236767]Man there was some smurfed up trout that happened on day 0. Don’t think any of us expected no one to get killed off after all that. Guess those who came in late or kept quiet are the lucky ones as none of them were trying to convince others who was mafia or not. The sun has yet to go down after more than 36 hours so our minds are all a bit frazzled. Now Arnie gets a few votes, so he can vote for two different people or try extra hard to down someone.

Coming in on Day 1 we FINALLY got some ladies to appear and daaaaaammmmm man are they fine. Thank goodness too because Samuel L. Jackson was starting to look really sexy in that pink wig. Mr. Statham is acting really cuckoo so my hunch is that either he’s trying to get lynched to win (whatever that role is called someone remind me) or he just likes being a little trout disturber. I don’t have any solid ideas on anyone else right now. Maybe once I get a chance to really read between the lines and kill off a few more aliens or zombies I’ll have a better idea. Got hit on the head a lot for drumming a random white lady’s boobies today. My partners suck sometimes.

Hopefully the mafia will not be cliché with their kill tonight.
    Has Will actually contributed ANYTHING since the beginning of this, besides talking like the totally not badass Fresh Prince? It's irritating as hell.