Page 35 of 111 FirstFirst ... 152529303132333435363738394041455585 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Hmm... I don't imagine that our glorious moderator will tell us whether doctors can self-protect or not. Still, it is certainly a comment to keep in mind as the game progresses.

So. no night kill. Many possibilities as to why (doctor, roleblocker, bulletproof, etc) but there's not much point in mulling over the why's for the moment. It could be anything, from what we know at the moment.

From what happened on D1, I am inclined to believe Sam L's town alignment. He was right about there being a psycho out there, and that's a pretty crazy specific thing to guess. Good show, sir.

Statham's role claim is crazy. I'm almost inclined to believe it because it's just so... out-there. Of course, since the claim has been made, he has to keep up the charade (?)! Whenever you get here, Mr Statham how did your role play out last night? What role did you choose? What did you do with these newfound skills?

Ohhh Mr Rock, no need to be so passive aggressive. We didn't think you were scummy just because you posted vote tallies.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Also because it was ignored the first time I'll say this again.

6 Steven Seagal : Uma Thurman, Jason Statham, Nicolas Cage, Sigourney Weaver, Dwayne Johnson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Uma Thurman, Sigourney Weaver
    This is a textbook bandwagon.

I'm curious about the very sudden vote changes from Steakham to Seagull. Drawing up Jet Li's vastly more accurate votecount...

6 [M] Steven Seagal : Uma Thurman, Jason Statham, Nicolas Cage, Sigourney Weaver, Dwayne Johnson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Uma Thurman, Sigourney Weaver

4 [M] Jason Statham : Daniel Craig, Samuel L. Jackson, Sigourney Weaver, Uma Thurman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steven Seagal

Based on this, the last two or so people to vote for Seagal was Thurman and Weaver. Both of these previously voted for Statham, and switched votes decidedly late in the day. The reasons they gave for such a switch was hardly detailed. Weaver's change occurred like, 9 minutes before the day ended, which ended the tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaver
    Well, for good reason. Seagal is highly suspicious.

###Unvote: Bruce Willis
    ###Vote: Steven Seagal

Seagal comment? You have yet to say much of anything today. Statham has his odd role claim, where your's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurman
    ##unvote: Statham
    ##vote: Seagal

I'll bite.
    Thurman's comment in particular isn't exactly helpful. I find it curious that Statham's lynch was all but decided, but in the last hour of play, BOTH girls switch votes to Seagal.

Comments? Thoughts?

I don't like how Sigourney demanded a roleclaim from Seagal minutes before the lynch. I will concede that she mentions her intention was to change it to Jason, but it was too little too late.

Roleclaiming, especially with power roles should be done with restraint, because it will end up helping the mafia more than the town in the long run. Like I mentioned how the mafia knew that Seagal was not part of the mafia, mafia members know who their teammates are, and thus by extension they know who is not in the mafia, ie: the town.

Town members very rarely will lie about their roleclaim, so the mafia can safely assume that the roleclaim is true. we can't though, because we don't have that crucial piece of information.

Finally the more the mafia know about the overall setup, they will be able to make their fake roleclaims more convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sigourney Weaver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steven Seagal View Post
    I do not think the late additions of Stallone and Diesel mean that they must be vanilla. They could be a power role, mafia, have a special role without night actions like miller or beloved princess, or be a third party role. I'm not speculating about what their roles are, just pointing out that it's not safe to assume anything yet.

Also be careful about speculating Arnolds role based on how he is playing. It's classic WIFOM.

WIFOM - MafiaWiki
    He says don't go for inactives and late additions. No, it does not mean they are Vanilla. Which also means don't trust these two new people either.

He was obviously protecting Vin Diesel.

And with that said, definitely don't rule out that there may be more than one psychopath as it doesn't say serial killer so we don't know the exacts of the role. Maybe Sammy J. can shed some light on that.
    This is a nice post to pick apart.

Seagal never said don't go after inactives. he said that the town should focus more on people who are active. There is a subtle difference between the two.

The next part is that nice contradiction. Sigourney points out that Seagal said not to assume that late additions are vanilla. Then goes on to say that Seagal was "obviously" protecting Vin Diesel.

There is no real way to say this politely without it losing it's impact. You are dead wrong. Seagal flipped Psychopath. That's a third party role who wants to kill everyone else, not protect them. Also how is saying that someone is not cleared of suspicion protecting them? Seagal was saying that late introductions should be suspected.

Final point. The possibility of multiple Psychopaths. I highly doubt that there would be more than one psychopath. That would mean a possible three kills in a single night, all from roles that are not town. That is a huge amount for a game of this size and throws out any possibility of balance. Seagal was the only psychopath.

You are trying to get the town to go after a red herring instead of focusing on finding the actual mafia.

##Vote: Sigourney Weaver

I switched my vote to Seagal because Seagal was already the first on my list a suspicious people. It isn't bandwagon voting when I was the first person to call him on his bulltrout. Nice try though baddy.

It was a toss up between Statham and Seagal, which one was more of a threat. Seagal was more convincing and therefore more of a threat. With Seagal out of the way I can now turn my attention back to another obvious bulltroutter.

Jason Statham

I must admit you had me fooled at first. Your role is highly nonsensical. You can switch your roles if you switch your votes? Is that what you're saying? So pray tell, what role did you switch to last night. Answer wisely because I will know you are lying depending on how you answer.

So say you are right Jet Li, Seagal was the only third party. Then you are absolutely correct that nothing he said actually matters but I still wouldn't rule out that he was acting alone.

I also read that post wrong, Seagal did actually say don't assume late additions aren't vanilla, you are correct. I am reading these posts fast from my phone. I got things to do. When I get on a computer I can read over again and better access where to go from there.

I've never seen a game where a doc could self-protect, since if they can they'd obviously use their protect on the only person they could be certain was town -- themselves. A self-protect-capable doctor is essentially a neutrealised doctor as far as the rest of the town is concerned.

EBWOP: Of course, if docs can self-protect this game, then we need Sammy doing just that so we can keep a semi-confirmed townie until lylo or the last of the scum is lynched.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1 [M] Sigourney Weaver : [M] Jet Li

16 hours 20 minutes left.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sigourney Weaver View Post
    So say you are right Jet Li, Seagal was the only third party. Then you are absolutely correct that nothing he said actually matters but I still wouldn't rule out that he was acting alone.
    Woah I never said that everything Seagal said doesn't matter. Seagal was third party, he wanted everyone dead. That does include the mafia, so naturally he would want them dead just as much as the actual town. And Serial Killers act alone. It's the nature of their role.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nicolas Cage View Post
    I've never seen a game where a doc could self-protect, since if they can they'd obviously use their protect on the only person they could be certain was town -- themselves. A self-protect-capable doctor is essentially a neutrealised doctor as far as the rest of the town is concerned.
    I've seen various stipulations on doctor protection. Some say the doctor can't protect the same person twice in a row. Some say no self protection. And others have no limits at all. Variations on roles is at the discretion of the host.

And a self protect capable doctor is by no means neutralized. While he/she can only protect him/herself and essentaily be night kill immune, self protection can also be used to help ensure nightkills are avoided until the doctor can find another power role like the cop.

I'm still thinking that it's more likely that we have a reg doc who protected Sammy. Look at his posts yesterday, he thought he was going to die. If he thought he could self-protect and had the intention to do so, he wouldn't have been so sure.

It's not impossible that Sam self-protected any more than it's impossible that he's scum who made a ridiculously unlikely correct guess about the existence of a psychopath, but occam's razor suggests that neither is the case.

One way to clear it up:

@Sam: Who did you target last night?

Everyone else: If you disbelieve Sammy's answer, you're mad. Luckily we have a shrink in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nicolas Cage View Post
    Look at his posts yesterday, he thought he was going to die. If he thought he could self-protect and had the intention to do so, he wouldn't have been so sure.
    Unless he was just bluffing that he was going to die to try and fool the Mafia into thinking he was defenceless. Just a thought.

And I have to agree with Jet Li on Weaver. I never really thought much of her during Day 0 and during the first half of Day 1, but her more recent actions piqued my attention, particularly with the last-minute role switch and Jet Li's autopsy of one her posts.

This vote might change based on who I'm more sure about is scum, but definitely for now:

##VOTE: Sigourney Weaver