Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 233337383940414243444546474849536393 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger View Post
    I know I lashed out at Weaver, but it wasn't because I think she's scum, she was just being jerkish. You, however, Johnson, bandwagon mugged Weaver, which is really odd, and seems out of character for you, and I think is scummy. Just saying. One thing at a time though.
    1. Seagal
    2. Statham
    3. Johnson
    Quoting this so we don't forget it after the flip.

Lining up lynches is a scumtell.

What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dwayne Johnson View Post
    I'm curious about the very sudden vote changes from Steakham to Seagull. Drawing up Jet Li's vastly more accurate votecount...

6 [M] Steven Seagal : Uma Thurman, Jason Statham, Nicolas Cage, Sigourney Weaver, Dwayne Johnson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Uma Thurman, Sigourney Weaver

4 [M] Jason Statham : Daniel Craig, Samuel L. Jackson, Sigourney Weaver, Uma Thurman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steven Seagal

Based on this, the last two or so people to vote for Seagal was Thurman and Weaver. Both of these previously voted for Statham, and switched votes decidedly late in the day. The reasons they gave for such a switch was hardly detailed. Weaver's change occurred like, 9 minutes before the day ended, which ended the tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaver
    Well, for good reason. Seagal is highly suspicious.

###Unvote: Bruce Willis
    ###Vote: Steven Seagal

Seagal comment? You have yet to say much of anything today. Statham has his odd role claim, where your's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurman
    ##unvote: Statham
    ##vote: Seagal

I'll bite.
    Thurman's comment in particular isn't exactly helpful. I find it curious that Statham's lynch was all but decided, but in the last hour of play, BOTH girls switch votes to Seagal.

Comments? Thoughts?
    Since you mentioned this post I thought I'd quote it. And this is a very textbook post from you. You post your little "helpful" vote tally and end the post asking for other people's opinions. If you were town, you wouldn't trust any of them or care about their opinions. It is only because you are a mafia that you ask that because again you are trying to seem like "one of them".

Not buying it.

Also, this vote is just for kicks. I plan to change it as soon as someone makes a post.

##Unvote: Liam Neeson
    ##Vote: Sigourney Weaver

Didn't say you bandwagon voted for her, I said you bandwagon attacked her. Try again.
    Attacking suggests that I put no thought in my posts and just blindly went after her like a rabid dog. Instead, I used logic and reasoning to deduce several concerns, that I voiced out to the group. Shame on me for trying to get to the bottom of things..

I also find it extremely interesting and convienant that you used your role on me because it's very easy to do so now that I'm claimed.

You see, I was waiting for you to claim such nonsense. I called you out on what you did last night and no sooner than right after I claimed here you claiming you investigated me and I had a gun. You knew I would be able to call your bluff as I said,

Depending on what you say, I'll know you're lying.
    That's why you waited until after I claimed before saying your piece.

I must admit your role claim is clever and wasn't entirely unbelievable, but you never answered Eastwood's question on whether you know what role you're going to get before it's given to you giving you even more leeway and convenience of changing it to fit what occurs on the day.

Well I can answer that now: I don't know what role I will get. I actually liken it more to Inventor than Jack of All Trades. My roles are randomly assigned to me at night. I got a pm from Teddy saying that I "pleased the casting director and was awarded the part of Gunsmith." Then it went on to say what Gunsmith does.

I know my claim was convenient but it's the truth. I suspected you. I investigated you. I got "has a gun". It's also the truth that I was busy all day and couldn't get here sooner. I think you're being a bit rash with your decisions and I don't think it will help us in the end. It certainly won't help today once we get to the end of it.

Seriously, what cop in a game of EoFF mafia claims on Day 2 after a single guilty result? That's bizarre and I'm disappointed. It doesn't help that you're pretty arrogant about it too.

Also, since there's been a post:

##Unvote: Weaver
    ##Vote: Dwayne Johnson

That's 3 switches which is enough for me to try this again on the off chance I survive again. I realize that is low probability but might as well try, right?

No where in the thread the day of did you suspect me, so interesting that you say you choose to investigate me.

As outlandish as it seems, Statham's role claim is a possibility alright. More than the role itself the reason I'm struggling to believe it, and I hate to do this because it's the worst kind of mafia game play, is because he's using the exact same gambit as he did last time. It's all a bit co-incidental old chap.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sigourney Weaver View Post
    No where in the thread the day of did you suspect me, so interesting that you say you choose to investigate me.
    That's because my suspicion came due to what you did at the end of the day. Read my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    As outlandish as it seems, Statham's role claim is a possibility alright. More than the role itself the reason I'm struggling to believe it, and I hate to do this because it's the worst kind of mafia game play, is because he's using the exact same gambit as he did last time. It's all a bit co-incidental old chap.
    What gambit? Who do you think I am?

Oh lovely, let's add metagaming to the mix.

What do you mean?
    You're suggesting that we disregard the flip instead of capitalising on the additional information it provides? Not the kind of thought I'd expect coming from a town mindset.

Scum are also statistically more given to lining up lynches than town.

Oh, I see what you're saying. lol, I wasn't laying out a plan for us, I was just threatening Johnson. Basically saying: we got Seagal, we've got Statham, you're next. Wasn't really trying to set anything up.

The whole gunsmith thing, old bean. It's giving me a rather distinct sense of deja vu. Like I already said, I'm not entirely ready to just dismiss your role claim as being bunk just yet, because the random "do things to get an assigned power" is something that's been used before, as I said it just all rings a bit familiar for me.

I want you to convince me somehow, though. I'm not quite ready to swallow the cop claim just yet. I want to believe. In you. After all, you've still not learned manners yet.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jason Statham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sigourney Weaver View Post
    That's because my suspicion came due to what you did at the end of the day. Read my earlier post.
    Again, convenient.

I didn't suspect you Jason Day 0, but I certaintly suspected you Day 1, and I would think that out of all the people that were on your list as suspects from either of those days, it would have made more sense for you to investigate them, but you're saying by my last vote switch at the very end that I'm suspicious. Let me explain that to you.

I didn't entirely trust that Sammy J. was telling the truth about the psycho thing until Seagal flipped, so my thinking was that one of you would likely flip Mafia. The question was, which one? I was hoping Seagal would come in to seal the deal of which one of you was more worth the vote.

Then Seagal came up as psychopath, so when this happened, I knew I had to investigate you as you were on my high list of possible Mafia. I understand my flip flop came at the last minute, but it was literally last minute that I was reading over all of the posts again. I blame myself for not doing so from the get go instead of lazily skimming over your role posts, but I had things to do. Actually should be doing things right now. This game is not going to get me fired.

Ofcourse it's early to role claim, but I had no other choice but to spell it out as people could not get the fact that I had said you were confirmed bad and I was important. Seriously why do you need bigger hints than that?

You guys would've blindly lynched your cop, completely ignoring everything that ensued with you the day before. Like I said, yes this is early, but I wouldn't have done it if there wasn't a chance I'd be protected. It's better to find out sooner than later if I am insane or paranoid though. You being the only one I investigated so far, I'll know what the deal is and so will everyone else. You flip bad, I'm a normal cop, and I investigate another person who let's say comes up not guilty. Then BAM, I'm a normal cop. Here's hoping it doesn't get complicated and the next person I investigate (if I don't get killed that is) is guilty too, then I'd have to say maybe I'm paranoid still. I'd just have to keep going as long as I could. I don't really have much of a choice now, but to make this decision as you are suspicious and I need to 100 percent confirmation of my role.