Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 293943444546474849505152535455596999 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The town has grilling Statham, pushing him closer and closer to the edge. "Wait...wait...I can explain..." Statham said urgently (but badassly). The crowd's cries only got louder. Then suddenly, Sigourney Weaver, sensing an opening, threw a wolf at Liam Neeson. H

Alas, Liam Neeson, immune to bullets. But not wolves. Liam Neeson was a Bulletproof Townie played by Shauna. Thanks for playing!

Night 2 begins now and will last 12 hours. Send me all night actions by then!

Can someone stop dropping hints over what happened and just tell us what went down.

Brucey, what did you do?

What are you on about? xD Neeson's name has only ever come out of my mouth when I've been talking about him calling out Dwayne. I've had literally nothing else to do with him. Stop trying to deflect your own sloppy play onto me.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All night actions in early so the day starts an hour before I intended. Yay~

Jet Li was walking down the street, practicing his many kicks. He was doing wall flips and somersaults all over the bloody place. However, he managed to dive right into an open sewer grate, drowning in the filth.

Jet Li was a Vanilla Townie played by qwertysaur (again!). Thanks for playing.

Day 3 begins now and will last for 24 hours.

And I was really starting to like Jet Li too....
    Dammit.

So, down 2 townies in 2 days... and one was bulletproof? What a way to start to day 3.

I meant in 1 day. Oops.

I expect Jason Statham to give us the low down on what role he got last night and what he did with it first. Only then do I want Sigourney Weaver to tell us who she investigated and what her result is. You get it, mothersmurfers? That's the order.

Jet Li's flip as an innocent makes me suspect Harrison Ford more. A lot more.

However, my previous line of thinking - that Sylvester Stallone was innocent and we were looking at only Vin Diesel, Jet Li and Harrison Ford as potential scum ring ins was mistaken. I had forgotten that Vin Diesel was the first "addition." I have disappointed you all

I'm throwing out that old theory and trying again. Vin Diesel, Harrison Ford and Sylvester Stallone include a member of the mafia. It has to. Taking pot shots at them is pointless though, so we should definitely focus on the bigger names and bigger faces to determine where the scum lies.

The lynch yesterday was confusing. Dwayne Johnson's vote tally was correct, and Liam Neeson died with only 3 votes compared to Jason Statham's 5. Something is afoot. I sense a disturbance in the Force.

I have some theories about what transpired, but I have nothing concrete and so I would like to point out the more important things. Firstly, consider this: Jason Statham has dodged the lynch twice now by the narrowest of margins. Are there machinations ensuring his survival, or is he just an unfortunate townsperson getting really smurfing lucky?

Secondly, consider this: There was no night kill Night One. One possible explanation is that Liam Neeson was the target. I know I certainly didn't protect anyone (I'm not a Doctor) and the actual Doctor, if there is one, might not have protected the target. Look, I said it was one explanation, let's stick with that. If Liam Neeson was targeted and the hit failed, then the mafia might have opted to just try and lynch Liam Neeson and remove the unkillable one.

Jason Statham, Uma Thurman and Vin Diesel all voted for Liam and are now elevated on my list of potential bad guys.

Also regarding Dwayne Johnson (who coincidentally is good at shaking heat also): you did not provide me accurate vote counts (you only provided one and the ones that I located myself did have some discrepancies) and as such you are not awarded Samuel L Jackson Immunity.

Mad?

Ah Samuel, always a pleasure when you drop by! I would like to hear your thoughts on Sigourney's hilariously self preserving actions and also her insistence on trying to deflect all of the stupid things she does by blatantly lying about little old me. I, for one, won't stand for it any longer.

Oh and let's not forget, she claimed cop and the mafia didn't even try and hit her. Sure, there may be a doctor in play. But this early into the game, what's there to lose in trying to knock off a claimed cop? Why wouldn't you want to try? Well...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    Ah Samuel, always a pleasure when you drop by! I would like to hear your thoughts on Sigourney's hilariously self preserving actions and also her insistence on trying to deflect all of the stupid things she does by blatantly lying about little old me. I, for one, won't stand for it any longer.
    Sigourney Weaver's insistence that you are inactive as well as her blaming of you for Liam Neeson's death are interesting notes against her name. She seems to have something of a vendetta against you and I cannot fathom why. I have not yet reached a conclusion, as there are some threads that I must still untangle, but you have my support now if only for the delightful Brucey Bonus I received following Day One.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    Oh and let's not forget, she claimed cop and the mafia didn't even try and hit her. Sure, there may be a doctor in play. But this early into the game, what's there to lose in trying to knock off a claimed cop? Why wouldn't you want to try? Well...
    There are plenty of reasons not to shoot at a claimed cop, but...

It does strike me as odd also. Don't worry, it is a necessary note of inquiry that I will follow up.

Danny Craig, where'd you run off to? Come out and play, don't be shy.

I had a busy day yesterday. I think I set foot in my home once yesterday and that was quickly followed up by me passing out on my bed.
    Don't worry though, I have all night to play.
    Let me finish my dinner, and I will start analyzing yesterdays events.

Alright Danny boy, I'll let you eat your grub while I take care of some business. When I get back, you better have some thoughts for us. All the rest of you mothersmurfers better pitch in too. Don't make me ask twice.

I guess I'm alive still, which is kind of a shocker. So first of all I have to say: thank you. You know who you are. See, I can be polite.

Second of all I wish I had some information on my role to share with you, but unfortunately I got nothin. Let me explain. On Night 1 I got a pm saying that I impressed the casting director and was given the part of Gunsmith. I got no such pm on Night 2. I know for a fact I did my required vote switches because I went back and checked. I then asked Teddy what my new role was for and he said I wouldn't be getting one tonight. And there you have it.

The only thing I can think of is that I was somehow roleblocked. Perhaps in some attempt to get me to prove my role, though role blockers are often scumbags.

I'll answer any questions you guys have but in the meantime I'd rather play mafia than speculate on these possibilities. First, I'd like to see the result of our "Cop"'s investigation, which I'm sure she'll share with us at some point. Based on how the end of that day went down, I believe her claim less and less. It never really occurred to me, but her claim actually came when she was in the vote lead, which means she may have just been trying to save her ass.

My vote for now is going on Dwayne Johnson. I just don't trust Mr. Vote Tally who only posts to respond to others, never offering up independent opinions of his own. I had him pegged earlier in the day yesterday, but the situation got out of hand near the end there. It's now a new day and my head is clear and Johnson is my number 1 target.

##Vote: Dwayne Johnson