Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23242464748495051525354555657586272102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

For all of what's been said I think I'm going to commit to this.
    ##Vote: Sigourney Weaver

She did give a reason for it, namely that she had to do it because she was so important that the mafia surely would have lynched her so she had to do it before they got a chance to kill her. Which is horse trout. She did it because she's a scummy scum sucker and she knew she could take out a townie for free before she gets caught.

I would go as far to say as a vote for anyone that isn't Weaver today would be hugely detrimental to the town. Regardless of what her role is, literally all she has done the entire game is go out of her way to incriminate town, disrupt town and generally do anything she can to try and get people to buy that she's a cop and let her survive. She doesn't care about the town one bit and has put herself first at every single turn. I mean there's still some discussion, probably valid, that some of the inactives are mafia. imho though inactive mafia are less dangerous than purposefully selfish "townies". at least the quiet mafia are sticking to their hole and not confusing everyone else. Weaver is out for herself, and if she's out for anyone else they're probably called Big Sal. E, Tony Two Hats and Luciano.

Regardless, there is one thing I'm quite curious about.
    How the hell did the vote yesterday so quickly switch to a tie?
    I'm pretty sure there weren't enough votes for that to happen. Or am I wrong there?
    I re-read that page quite a few times...

Let me add to this.
    It randomly switched to a tie, weaver near instantly switched her vote to neeson... and the flavor text says "Then suddenly, Sigourney Weaver, sensing an opening"
    I know flavor text rarely means anything important but this sequence of events is just too bizarre to not notice.

Anyway, it's 3am here and I've got to get to bed.
    I hope to hear some juicy useful info when I wake up.
    Goodnight everyone. Happy lynching.

Well Sammy, I couldn't find the post. I tried.
    I feel
    tumblr_mi61vanQV11robfx7o1_400.gif

Fresh Prince Log Day 3:

A cop made a role claim and is still alive?

Yeah something doesn’t look right, especially because yesterday was heat on Story Book Weaver then Jason Stabthem then on Liam who was barely around and ended being the bullet proof townie. This is out of whack and looks like it was performed with discreetness aaaannnddd:

Quote Originally Posted by Badass
    I have some theories about what transpired, but I have nothing concrete and so I would like to point out the more important things. Firstly, consider this: Jason Statham has dodged the lynch twice now by the narrowest of margins. Are there machinations ensuring his survival, or is he just an unfortunate townsperson getting really smurfing lucky?

Secondly, consider this: There was no night kill Night One. One possible explanation is that Liam Neeson was the target. I know I certainly didn't protect anyone (I'm not a Doctor) and the actual Doctor, if there is one, might not have protected the target. Look, I said it was one explanation, let's stick with that. If Liam Neeson was targeted and the hit failed, then the mafia might have opted to just try and lynch Liam Neeson and remove the unkillable one.
    I agree with you and to be fair I’ve had my suspicions about Stabthem since day 0. If he has such a flippy flop role anyway, he might end up accidentally killing a townie unknowingly which helps the mafia.

I’m torn between voting for Weaver or Jason for reasons that have been said against them by Mr Badass and Harrison Ford. Since she claimed cop I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and expect mafia to take her out sooner rather than later. Let’s see what she reports for today and how this night goes then determine if she is doomed.

##Vote Jason Stabthem

Also guys, lay off the three that came in late. Sure one of them could be mafia but there are more fish in the original group.

Now I have to go work for the day. Yes I popped in then out but I needed to get this opinion out to get feedback on it before the end of day nears too soon should more evidence against someone else or my opinion is challenged to the point of it being useless.

Catching up, however I'd like to point out to Samuel L that I did not vote for Neeson, that was Siggy.

I am very interested in what Siggy has for results, but I don't trust her. Cop is a convenient claim for mob, one that is made often because they believe they know all the allegiances.

Siggy reeks, she laid low until people started voting for her. Then she made her claim, unluckily, we could not test it at all yesterday. Yesterday's end said a lot to me, she ended the day no ands ifs or buts. In such a tie the town should be acting as a group, so later on we can figure out who was trying to help and hurt the town. If someone jumped in and just lynched Siggy, we would've been able to lynch him or her the next day. Instead we learned nothing, other than Siggy looks scummy as hell.

So I've caught up on the thread. What exactly happened yesterday? How was their a tie when Statham had far more votes on him than Weaver and Neeson? Something stinks their, but it's hard to say exactly what it is.

It's interesting that Weaver wasn't nightkilled, but that could just be a mafia ploy to turn the town against her when she actually is a Cop. It'll be interesting to see who she investigated and the result she got for them. Hopefully it'll help in determining her mental state.

Something Statham, said intrigued me as well, just give me a second while I find the post.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jason Statham View Post
    I guess I'm alive still, which is kind of a shocker. So first of all I have to say: thank you. You know who you are. See, I can be polite.
    It was this post here. He thanks someone, presumably the person who saved him from the lynch yesterday. Something you're hiding from us? Or was this just a general thank you to whoever saved you from the lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Uma Thurman View Post
    Catching up, however I'd like to point out to Samuel L that I did not vote for Neeson, that was Siggy.
    Sorry, when I was tallying the votes earlier I must have looked at the post where you had quoted Sigourney Weaver's vote-switch. No harm, no foul, right?

I am disappointed in the lack of discussion since I've been gone. Do I have to start getting gimmicky again to make you mothersmurfers talk a little? I'll do it man. I don't give a smurf.

Statham's gratitude over surviving the night was nice. It's pretty easy to see who he's referring to if you put the pieces together. I won't say anything in case it's one of those operating with nudges and winks and hints sorts of deals.

How he survived the day is another matter entirely. By my count, the tally was 5-2 in favor of lynching him when a tie was announced, and 4-3 in favor of lynching him when Liam Neeson was done in (may his force ghost live on forever). I don't get it, and most of the ideas knocking around in my head require extreme uncanny coincidences and so on, so I am going to ignore it for now until someone wants to come forward and claim responsibility. If, for whatever reason, it was an administration mistake, then I expect Teddy Roosevelt to say nothing and leave us to our devices. NEVER ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG TEDDY!

I think said everything I wanted to say for now. I want to see more from you mothersmurfers. A lot more. Uma Thurman and Vin Diesel showing up and making two posts each is not discussion. GET ACTIVE YOU MOTHERSMURFERS.

Probably won't return by day's end (what's the ETA on that mothersmurfer anyway?) so try not to smurf things up, okay? I'm counting on you to at least lynch someone who will help us turn over a scum, if not one directly.

People have to sleep or work. That's probably while there's not much talking with exception of the people who just lurk. Anyway, due in part I think to a mod's mistake, I got two results last night.

Entirely confusing, but alright.

I think only the second result was actually supposed to be the result I was supposed to get so I will address that first.

Jason is waiting again till I have my result to see if I'm lying or not. Ha! Oh Jason. There is a roleblocking type role that tried to stop me from getting my result last night.

It could be Mafia Roleblocker.

I must admit Mafia did a good job at framing me up for a lynch today. My whole, I am not trying to survive thing was good for them to pick apart. They are forgetting where I had a change of heart, because I realized my role is too important this early in the game and I can actually help town more alive today atleast with what should be my final investigation.

My to vote for Neeson who was suspicious, but not very high on my list was so I can make sure I investigated atleast one more time last night to make sure that I'm not paranoid or insane. Guess what, I'm not. I decided to take Jason's advice and investigate myself. I came up innocent.

Jason is guilty. You're welcome, Town. You're not welcome, Mafia. There I helped.

[QUOTE='[M] Will Smith;3238351']Fresh Prince Log Day 3:

A cop made a role claim and is still alive?
    Ofcourse I'm still alive. After that vote thing yesterday it's way too easy to pin suspicion on me now. I must come clean and say that I am purposely making rash descisions because if there really isn't a doctor, the only way I can stay alive through night is to be suspicious in here. I've gotten killed too many times as Town by not really coming up on the radar. I can assure though after what transpires today I'm dead unless this game has more surprises.

Definitely don't trust anything Statham says at this point. Statham knows I am innocent and that's why he fought not voting for me as it would automatically mean his lynch for the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaver
    I AM A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR AND A MAFIA PLEASE DON'T LYNCH ME
    Just providing an abridged version of Weaver's latest post to simplify things for my fellow townies. I am such a helpful chap.