Page 57 of 111 FirstFirst ... 73747515253545556575859606162636777107 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger View Post
    she knows she's a goner either way, and wants to take out one townie before she goes.
    That's personally what I think. She came into this thread already with a lot of votes, so she's trying to take me down on her way out. And, the next day is the next day, where anything can happen, so there's always a chance she could talk her way out of another one.

Also, your sitting on the fence doesn't help you much either. And neither does asking people to think for you.

Considering the Psycopath was offed and no one died on Day One. We kind of lucked out and I would say we are ahead of the curve. I agree with Uma, it is a risk but one that I think we have to take. Lynching the cop this early vs Lynching the guy who has a role so bizarre that he couldn't even do anything with it last night.

Nothing personal but at this point I don't think we can risk losing the cop so early on.

##Vote: Jason Statham

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bruce Willis View Post
    I have acknowledged it, and I have also pointed out that it is stupid. Just saying "oh well if Statham dies and is town we can just lynch Weaver tomorrow derp" is ridiculous because we'll have lost a powerful and active townie, potentially another townie tonight and then we have to waste tomorrow's lynch on a mafia we already know about.
    You're point stands if Statham is the mafia member here and we lynch Siggy and see if she is telling the truth.

And then potentially lose another townie that night as well. Nothing Weaver has done in this game has given any reason to anybody to believe she's a cop. She has lied the entire game to suit her own purposes and her cop claim itself is the most generic and safe route she could take to achieve the goal of getting Statham lynched because he is innocent and his role makes him an easy target. I have to say I am most intrigued by the way you're perfectly content to just swallow everything she says and risk a townie's life despite the fact that, and I re-iterate this for the 95th time, she's lied virtually every time she's said anything this entire game.
    Why? How do you know she is lying? You sit here saying "SHE'S LYING, SHE'S LYING." There's no proof that she's lying 'til her claim has been tested. I'm defending her so adamantly because it's the smart move to make. Because I understand how mafia works and no matter how unfortunate it is we don't know which one is lying.

Also look at what Jason did again. He waited until I said my piece before saying his because he's waiting before the cards are laid to act. He says he thinks a role blocker blocked him. Bulltrout. The reason I think it's a mafia roleblocker and not a regular one is because Jason knows there was a roleblocking type role.

If I had just got the result of "no result". He probably would have came in here saying he blocked me to say "oh she must be telling the truth then because I blocked her last night" to make himself look like town. This would go conveniently in his favor if I do get lynched, because then he could say that he defended me.

He did the same thing yesterday by saying, "oh she has a gun but this could me mafia, cop, or vigilante".

alright, you know what, seeing as for the most part you're all content to just swallow Weaver's filthy lies despite her doing absolutely nothing worthy of it, i'm going to have to come out and fully role claim even though I didn't really want to do it. But this is just ridiculous.

my given role was the game show host in fancy three colour text that i'm too lazy to recreate. Once a day I can pick one person to receive as the role PM put it "immunity". Essentially the cannot be killed by lynch or by night kill that day, but they cannot do anything in return. Think of it as a super buffed Jailkeeper role. I've been doing it as a "Brucey Bonus" just mainly to amuse myself and not outright say anything but god damn.

Anyway there was speculation as to why there were no kills night one. I can't say this for sure, but if you want to go back and check, I used my power on Sam Jackson the first day, the same day he went mental and convinced people he was a psychiatrist after the Psychopath who died. So, once the Psychopath got lynched, easy first kill for the mafia right? Well he was under my protection and he didn't die that night. So that's a possibility.

Then yesterday I had enough of Weaver's shady trout and used my powers to stop Statham from being lynched because I didn't believe Weaver at all. You can go back and check this again as well, because I also specifically asked Statham to provide me with tangible proof from his role the next day because I knew I was going to keep him alive. I also knew he was going to be roleblocked by me and not able to do anything with his role. The reason I demanded tangible proof is because if he was mafia, he wouldn't have known that his roles were going to be blocked by me and seeing as it would have been a lie from the start anyway, I'm sure would have just said "oh yeah I got this power and did this". Instead he came in, and straight up said "yeah I must have been roleblocked sorry" despite it making his entire case look worse. There's literally no reason for him to do that unless he's telling the truth because it only makes things look worse for him. But he did get roleblocked, by me. Therefore he is telling the truth.

And as such...Weaver is lying and is scum.

Jeez louise, you people.

I was posting long before you were on this day. It seems you were the one who was waiting. I was only waiting for your result because part of me still believed you.

I'd say lynching me today is not the worst idea because I can understand from the town's perspective that it's generally better to risk killing something silly and unbelievable like aspiring leading man than a key role like cop. But my concern is that once that happens you will be potentially down two townies the next day and with Weaver's team still strong, who's to say she won't be able to convince one more person to vote with her and we have to do this all again?

Ok, Bruce's account makes sense considering what happened to me yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jason Statham View Post
    I was posting long before you were on this day. It seems you were the one who was waiting. I was only waiting for your result because part of me still believed you.

I'd say lynching me today is not the worst idea because I can understand from the town's perspective that it's generally better to risk killing something silly and unbelievable like aspiring leading man than a key role like cop. But my concern is that once that happens you will be potentially down two townies the next day and with Weaver's team still strong, who's to say she won't be able to convince one more person to vote with her and we have to do this all again?
    Simply put if you flip town she absolutely must be lying and I would vote for her.

alright, you know what, seeing as for the most part you're all content to just swallow Weaver's filthy lies despite her doing absolutely nothing worthy of it, i'm going to have to come out and fully role claim even though I didn't really want to do it. But this is just ridiculous.

my given role was the game show host in fancy three colour text that i'm too lazy to recreate. Once a day I can pick one person to receive as the role PM put it "immunity". Essentially the cannot be killed by lynch or by night kill that day, but they cannot do anything in return. Think of it as a super buffed Jailkeeper role. I've been doing it as a "Brucey Bonus" just mainly to amuse myself and not outright say anything but god damn.

Anyway there was speculation as to why there were no kills night one. I can't say this for sure, but if you want to go back and check, I used my power on Sam Jackson the first day, the same day he went mental and convinced people he was a psychiatrist after the Psychopath who died. So, once the Psychopath got lynched, easy first kill for the mafia right? Well he was under my protection and he didn't die that night. So that's a possibility.

Then yesterday I had enough of Weaver's shady trout and used my powers to stop Statham from being lynched because I didn't believe Weaver at all. You can go back and check this again as well, because I also specifically asked Statham to provide me with tangible proof from his role the next day because I knew I was going to keep him alive. I also knew he was going to be roleblocked by me and not able to do anything with his role. The reason I demanded tangible proof is because if he was mafia, he wouldn't have known that his roles were going to be blocked by me and seeing as it would have been a lie from the start anyway, I'm sure would have just said "oh yeah I got this power and did this". Instead he came in, and straight up said "yeah I must have been roleblocked sorry" despite it making his entire case look worse. There's literally no reason for him to do that unless he's telling the truth because it only makes things look worse for him. But he did get roleblocked, by me. Therefore he is telling the truth.

And as such...Weaver is lying and is scum.

Jeez louise, you people.
    How the smurf where we suppose to figure that trout out? I hate it when people have roles and go OH IT'S SO OBVIOUS. You had more "information" than us. I say that in quotes because I don't know if I can believe you either. I kinda started to mark you as scum because of you're odd insistence that Weaver must be scum. However let me read your post more thoroughly.

Wait time out. Bruce you use that power in the day?

Bruce...I...I...I am so confused.

​LADDY!!!!!

##UNVOTE: Jason Statham

And you used it on Jackson on Day One? When?

WHEN DOES THAT POWER ACTIVATE?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Uma Thurman View Post
    Simply put if you flip town she absolutely must be lying and I would vote for her.
    Quoting for posterity since, if she doesn't vote for her, it means they were likely in cahoots.

It activates when I designate someone that I want it to be used on. When I used it on Sam I had no real reason to use it so I put a question out there all "what is my catchphrase, first person to answer gets a Brucey Bonus" and Sam answered it so I used it on him. Yesterday I got Statham to finally say "please" which I'd been asking all game and again said "okay, you get the brucey bonus!" Not long after that Teddy came in and showed up with the "okay so it's a tie between Neeson and Weaver" and everyone was liek "huh?" and then Weaver steamed in and quickly killed off the bulletproof townie Neeson to save her own ass, and promptly spent the rest of the time trying to somehow claim I was wrong about Neeson even though i'd said nothing about him at any point.