Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 93949535455565758596061626364656979109 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

So wait, now I am a little confused. You're saying I got two results purposely. Laddy and you are now confusing me because I really think it was an error.

Or someone's role block failed.

The two results I got was innocent and no result. If Sam was the one being hidden why would I get no result on him?

I still favour lynching Statham over Weaver; if Statham flips town, Weaver is confirmed scum now that insane/paranoid/naive has been ruled out. If Weaver flips town, nobody is of confirmed alignment either way.

Quote Originally Posted by '[M
    If Weaver flips town, nobody is of confirmed alignment either way.
    Absolutely wrong. My flip will reveal Jason is guilty. Geeze-us.

The fact that there was a kill last night makes me think it'd be unlikely that Bruce is mafia. The idea he is targeted by a roleblocking role and guessed that he was roleblocked seems too unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sigourney Weaver View Post
    If Sam was the one being hidden why would I get no result on him?
    In some setups, the Psychiatrist functions as a Doctor after the Psychopath is eliminated; scum who thought he was now a doc could have roleblocked him to make sure he didn't block their kill, and then a regular doc or jk could have scotched their kill anyways.

AGAIN

My results

Jason is guilty.
    I am investigated myself got innocent then mod was all, "oh wait I got confused", then said no result.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sigourney Weaver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by '[M
    If Weaver flips town, nobody is of confirmed alignment either way.
    Absolutely wrong. My flip will reveal Jason is guilty. Geeze-us.
    Brainfart.

Right, so no matter what, scum dies either today or tomorrow and it doesn't really matter if we lynch Statham or Weaver. One of them has to be scum. Even if we get it wrong today, we'll get it right tomorrow.

Yes but bare in mind, you'll be lynching a cop today over someone who with a less important role, who I know is lying.

I really hope there are still smart townies left after I'm gone and not just rookies, because damn.

Right, only that we've kind of worked out already via process of elimination that Jason is actually telling the truth about his role and isn't scum at all, and that Weaver is actually lying.

Don't buy all of this my flip will reveal nothing b.s. Everyone's flips always reveal things that can help town.

It's mafia manipulation because they will know how I flip.

When a cop says someone is guilty then most likely, they're guilty. The only small percent of chance for that not to be true is if a Mafia Framer got a hold of Jason.

Uma, day kill me right now. Prove that you're not lying.

I'm tired of all this back and forth since people will not lynch Statham again. I got things to do. Please, not the face though. That's my money maker.

What reason has Uma got to lie? She just spent the whole day trying to back you up until then. Just go out gracefully. Put on a nice outfit and glide up to the gallows. Do a queenly wave and bow to your audience as the noose is about to slip around your neck.

I like lynching the guy who's probably guilty. All this talk about lynching Statham just to find out if Weaver's a liar...that's just stupid.

There are too many weird things going on already, plus all of the already weird combinations of roles, to say: kill statham, when he comes up guilty, that makes weaver totally innocent.

Listen I don't know this game like the rest of you, but even I can figure out several different scenarios in which Statham's death tells us nothing.

Situations in which Statham turns up guilty:
    1. Statham's a death miller. Weaver could be telling the truth, or could be lying.
    2. Statham really is mafia. Yet:
    a. It's all a setup to make Statham's mafia partner Weaver look like pure goodness the rest of the game.
    b. There are two mafias and they're in different mafias and think each other town. (In this situation Weaver could even be telling the truth that she's a cop...a mafia cop)
    c. Weaver did check Statham, he came up guilty, she's telling the truth, but she was roleblocked and is lying about the innocent result on herself because she's afraid to say that she had no result last night. (which would mean she's a pro-town but more concerned about herself than the town, and we can't trust her as a cop)

Situations in which Statham turns up innocent:
    1. Statham's the godfather, and Weaver is a usurper. (not likely, they'd never act this openly, but still)
    2. Weaver's been lying the whole time.
    3. Weaver's an Insane Mafia Cop. Think on that one for a sec. Okay so I made it up. But with all the other ridiculous things happening that I can't make sense of, why the hell not, right?
    4. Weaver's insane or paranoid and lying about her result last night. (just laying out possibilities folks)
    5. Weaver was roleblocked last night, is lying about her investigation, and is gambling that Statham's really guilty.
    6. Statham's a jester. And:
    a. Weaver's some new jester-helper role.
    b. Weaver's paranoid or insane.
    c. Weaver's mafia and lying.
    7. Does death miller have its opposite mafia role? Someone turns up innocent even though they're guilty.

Basically, either way it goes we haven't actually learned anything certain about Weaver, no matter how you goofs spin it. When is anything in this game open/shut? Statham's guilt doesn't make Weaver innocent, Statham's innocence doesn't make Weaver guilty.

It's odd that someone who thinks the rest of us are idiots is unwilling to recognize the possible realities of this situation. An actual smart pro-town unselfish player wouldn't be so quick to throw someone under the bus so quickly. (RIP Neeson)

Seems to me that the cop role sucks unless played really really well. In this game it's just caused confusion. (at least for me)

It makes just as much sense killing Weaver to figure out Statham's guilt/innocence as it is killing Statham to place Weaver.
    Read: NONE.

At this point I'm more inclined to think they're both guilty than anything. I'm waiting on Johnson to show up and change my mind or confirm my suspicions before I move back to Statham. There's just so much nonsense going on in that situation I don't want anything to do with it atm. Not to mention (why has nobody brought this up?), what if whatever power protected Statham protects him again?? This seems like a perfect damn situation for the mafia to keep offing town with little 3-4 vote lynchings.

oops switch #1 under statham turns up innocent, to the list of statham turns up guilty