Page 93 of 111 FirstFirst ... 43738387888990919293949596979899103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1660

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Samuel L Jackson View Post
    ##Unvote: [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger
    ##Vote: [M] Harrison Ford

His flip directly affects your well being tomorrow.
    Who's exactly?

The guy telling us to vote for Harrison Ford, duh

I'll be sticking with my vote on Diesel, the one I actually think is mafia

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Uma Thurman View Post
    I'll be sticking with my vote on Diesel, the one I actually think is mafia
    You have never even given a reason why you think I'm mafia you honking great pansy. Other than "oh no he changed his personality" which we already established was me replacing in. Look, I'm sorry I lied to you and encouraged you to think I was in the game before I was, okay? And I'm sorry I told you I was in the mob. I was just messing you because you're fun to mess with. Now get over it and get on the Harrison Ford trail.

Sorry, I'm here now. First things first, it's not always good to role-claim. It's better if I don't role-claim. Seriously.
    If I roleclaim it will not be good for the town tomorrow, in fact it'll be like there's no tomorrow, no future, at all.

Secondly, I know you people won't like me for saying this because you're so sure of your assumptions, but why exactly do we trust Bruce? Because Sam didn't die day one? Everything about Willis screams scum, but we should trust him based on a series of assumptions and coincidences and ignore the rest?

But what if Sam wasn't the target? THERE WAS A BULLETPROOF TOWNIE in play at that time. And there was also a Nexus. So two potential other targets right there that could have led to the same result.

That leaves the curious case of jason statham, but that's easily fixed. Willis is already claiming a weird (and powerful) role. So why not a weird and powerful mafia role like a Dirty Warden? The warden has a one-off ability to keep one of his fellow mafia from being lynched. Once that's activated, he can't protect anyone anymore, and if the person he protects gets lynched a second time, then he's rendered useless. Notice after Statham died, Willis completely disappeared FOR DAYS. No power, no voting, no contributing, after being a power player early. Also, good lies are usually built on little bits of truth. Willis's super-jailkeep would be the natural progression from a dirty warden.

If I can come up with a theory that covers everything so easily...

I don't know if this is true. I'm not even really presenting it to you as true. I was studying Willis for days because he seemed shady despite all of your assurances otherwise, but part of it was predicated on his voting record and the farfetched theory that Johnson wasn't actually scum and was a death miller, and I don't think that really holds up.

Jackson's entire career is built on an assumption (that he was a psychiatrist). I don't think Sam's guilty, but I don't understand how everyone feels so comfortable just letting the power players coast.

Well, Arnold, I agree to a point. Letting him coast is one thing, however, but I think people doing as he says because they think he is confirmed town is quite another. Just because they're town doesn't mean they know what they're doing!

It's an interesting theory about Bruce but I think Willis is town. That role is way too powerful to be a mafia. If it was just a jailkeeper I could possibly believe it, but the ability to affect a lynch is something the mafia should never have. That wasn't even some Governor level stuff, that was god-tier obliteration.

Well he's not even doing anything the past 3 days. I don't know what his game is if he's a good guy. Sit back and play his power, not saying anything so the mafia doesn't catch on to who he's protecting? I guess I can see it. But trout, if that's the case, just say so, so newbs know wth is going on...

I don't know what all this game can be, but man the nexus seems like a crazy ridiculous role, any game that it shows up it would seem all bets are off. Two mafia dead at night? I would think the mafia would have something other than a role-blocker and whatever Statham was to compete with that craziness. But I dunno, maybe the mafia just sucked this game lol.

I said before, I don't know why Ford is suspicious. He's been kind of absent, but I can't hold that against anyone. If Willis can disappear for three days and nobody gives a smurf, then I can't hold 18 hours, or whatever, against someone.

Bruce's role is accurate. If you want to confirm it I'd rather have us lynch me to prove it. Not only did he stop my kill on Sam day 1, but he stopped the lynch. Everything about his role has been confirmed. However since he shouldn't be in question I rather we move on to more people than lynch me to prove his claim.

There would not be two roleblockers on the mafia. That just doesn't fly. Bruce Willis is town aligned. Next.

Well he's not even doing anything the past 3 days.
    I don't need to do anything, Arnie old chum. My work here is done already.

Arnold is grasping for straws, Vin is scummy as well - I'd be OK with a lynch on either. Ford is just a shot in the dark, let's not do that.

##unvote:
    ##vote: The Gov

Oh yeah, I forgot about Uma's horrible day 1 useless attempted Jackson kill. You three may feel comfortable with yourselves, but see this from an outside perspective for a moment:

In order to trust Willis's crazy role, I have to trust Uma's claim to be a one-off day vigilante AND Sam Jackson's pseudo-claim that he's a doctor but didn't use his power day 1. Also note, that all of these things came out AFTER THE FACT.

One of you experienced peoples mentioned to the newbs to not trust anyone, ANYONE, and yet here you're telling me just to trust this house of cards, because, well just because.

I don't get it. I really really don't get it.

As far as I see it, Bruce, Sam, and my claims are too tangled for us to be lying this point, because too many mafia are dead - there isn't enough room for multiple of us to be lying. Again, killing me could confirm it, but it shouldn't be necessary. There's no trust, merely restricting conditions. Why wasn't Statham lynched Day 2 if Bruce is lying? If Bruce AND Sam are lying why haven't there been many kills? For me to come out and say "I TRUST BRUCE BECAUSE X" wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if I was mafia - I'd be putting my own head on the chopping block to confirm him. There's no "trust" here, just logic as far as I see it.

Here's to hoping I'm not completely wrong about that when the game ends, but as town I need to confirm some roles to myself to be able to focus on the most scummy targets.

I'm not grasping at straws Uma, I said yesterday I thought I was onto something. You experienced players just keep telling me "Willis is clean, move one" Am I really just supposed to let everyone else do my thinking for me. And the thing is you're not even thinking for me, you're just telling me not to think at all. Obviously you can't be all scum trying to trick me, so there's something you all see that I don't. I guess part of it was that I forgot that Uma targeted Sam too.

It's just crazy. Sorry I caused a distraction, I really didn't mean it that way. Like I said, I wasn't trying to throw Willis under the bus, I just feel like I'm missing out on some knowledge that the rest of you have.

Sorry Gov, but I can only allow the newbie claim to guard you for so long. 3 claims wrapping around each other should focus a town, only mafia really benefits throwing it into question