Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4575858990919293949596979899100101105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1660

Thread: Mafia XXV: Action Movie Badasses Game Thread Day 6

Nevermind, it's kind of spread out over several posts the last couple days. A lot of it is meta-info, and I'm going to ignore all that, but there's a few things he points out that are valid, not meta, and Ford's never defended. It's nothing huge, but I'm almost convinced. Almost. I still think too much of it is based on speculation. It's a risky move for Diesel, though...if he's wrong it looks bad, which means that it's less likely to be a scummy move. i.e. Lynching Ford isn't dirty, it just isn't smart.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I've been looking for it, but I don't see any reason from Vinny on Ford.

That being said, I can't determine who I should lay a vote on. Sam and Bruce are obviously pretty innocent to me, so they're off the radar, for now. However, Arnold's refusal to roleclaim does hint a bit of suspicion on him, but clearly he has done enough to not deserve a lynch.

Vinny, however, seems the most scummiest. He's acting rather defensive and that kind of behavior tends to be scummy at worst. Well, I know who to vote for now. It may change later though, but no guarantees.

##Vote: Vin Diesal

And what is it I am meant to be defending myself against? I've heard no valid claims and accusations. All that has been tabled is an argument that I am scum because I was an added player to the game at the same time as Jet Li, a confirmed townsperson. That is hogwash. Valid flaws have been pointed out in that argument. There is no guarantee that a member of the Mafia was added to the game. There should not be a distinction drawn between the thirteen original accounts, the "forgotten" Vin Diesel, the new comer Sylvester Stallone and the late comers Jet Li and myself.

If we are meta gaming now, and I would prefer that we find something more substantial than that, then my guess would be that it is actually Vin Diesel that is the most likely to be the Mafia player. The suspicion was laid on him from the beginning; his account was only remembered because his scum mates were missing him. That is a weak argument, but it seems to match the pathetic arguments made against me.

I am the Priest. I cannot cast a lynching vote, the majority vote. So we test my role claim today on the most suspicious person - I vote Vin Diesel - and if he does not hit majority thanks to my vote then I am confirmed and we can ditch this nonsense. If Vin Diesel does die, then I am clearly lying and Lynch All Liars comes into effect. If I am the Mafia member, I cannot win with today's lynch, so you have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I'd go along with that, if we can get the votecount right. Anyone know the votecount?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sylvester Stallone View Post
    Vinny, however, seems the most scummiest. He's acting rather defensive and that kind of behavior tends to be scummy at worst. Well, I know who to vote for now. It may change later though, but no guarantees.

##Vote: Vin Diesal
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sylvester Stallone View Post
    Vinny, however, seems the most scummiest. He's acting rather defensive and that kind of behavior tends to be scummy at worst.
    Ohhhh, delicious and delightful. I see you've never played mafia with me before. Being "defensive" is what I do. I prefer to call it "telling people they are wrong, making fun of them, then pounding those rascals into the dirt with a series of angry-sounding posts" but I guess tomato/tomato. Yeah, I just called you a rascal. Deal with it.

Anyway, to rebut your delightful point, what, pray tell, is a townsperson supposed to do when someone repeatedly slaps a vote on them for no apparent reason? Sit there and take it and then get lynched? That doesn't help a god damn thing. Look at Craig yesterday. He just gave in and that helped precisely... nobody. Is that what I should be doing, Stallone? smurf you, I'll never change.

But, defensive? Not really. I'm doing that now, sure, and it's fun! wasn't then. Nothing has actually been levelled at me. If I was accused of something, you bet I'd smurfing defend it. All I am doing is asking why I got a vote. And, you know, it sort of helps the town to know why people voted for people. In your mind this further defence may make me scummier but I couldn't give the slightest of smurfs. I'm doing what a good townie would do. And what an asshole would do. I like to combine the two.

"Defensive = scum" = one of the worst arguments I have ever seen in mafia and I wish people would stop it. ...or not, because it means I get to make posts like this. AND THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Harrison Ford View Post
    Valid flaws have been pointed out in that argument.
    No, there haven't.
    There should not be a distinction drawn between the thirteen original accounts, the "forgotten" Vin Diesel, the new comer Sylvester Stallone and the late comers Jet Li and myself.
    Well, there is. We're freaks. Deal with it.

Oh, and it's not "you and Jet Li came in at the same time", that's an element to it. The main crux is this. The game should've been balanced in its original set up. There was no guarantee four extra people would sign up. Thus, with the four people, the game would need to be rebalanced, and extra townspeople should be counterbalanced by an extra mafia. Three Vanillas, one Priest. Odd. Man. Out.
    f we are meta gaming now, and I would prefer that we find something more substantial than that
    Tough titties.

then my guess would be that it is actually Vin Diesel that is the most likely to be the Mafia player. The suspicion was laid on him from the beginning; his account was only remembered because his scum mates were missing him. That is a weak argument, but it seems to match the pathetic arguments made against me.
    So what you're saying is that the only people who can get replaced are mafia because nobody cares about town. Incorrect. I like that you made up a gibberish argument and then tried to compare it to mine to prove a point. Nice technique. Proves smurf all, sorry.

I am the Priest. I cannot cast a lynching vote, the majority vote. So we test my role claim today on the most suspicious person - I vote Vin Diesel - and if he does not hit majority thanks to my vote then I am confirmed and we can ditch this nonsense. If Vin Diesel does die, then I am clearly lying and Lynch All Liars comes into effect. If I am the Mafia member, I cannot win with today's lynch, so you have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    Nice plan. Let's do it. With yourself. It's all very well wanting to sacrifice me, but if you're true to your word... you shouldn't have any fear of putting your own neck on the line, should you?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Vin Diesel View Post
    Nice plan. Let's do it. With yourself. It's all very well wanting to sacrifice me, but if you're true to your word... you shouldn't have any fear of putting your own neck on the line, should you?
    Let's do this then. As a man of God, I have no fear.

OH OH, nice twist. Seriously that was smooth as trout.

I think that we should vote out Psychotic just because, well he'd love it so so much. Wouldn't it be just the best thing to ever happen!?

No, but seriously, Ford's plan sounded good, and Diesel's is even more solid. Ford, agree to it?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I've never said you should change. If you're the last remaining mafia, of course you'd want to be acting like this to survive. I'd do the same myself, just so I can survive. As for Craig, he gave up because of multiple factors in his life, so it didn't do him any real favor.

I want Arnold Schwarzenegger to switch his vote to me. Only Arnold. If you mess this trout up, I swear to God, I'm going to go Old Testament on you.

It looks like there's 2 votes on Ford, I'll be the third then he can do his thing. Someone will need to get Laddy's attention or something or...wait how do we confirm this? If it's true, Laddy will just....not show up. How long must we wait? In any case.

##vote: Ford

##Vote:​ Harrison Ford

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Harrison Ford View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Vin Diesel View Post
    Let's do this then. As a man of God, I have no fear.
    Balls of steel and I can only applaud. Mafia vs Town aside to one second, that is a fantastic response and I must salute you.

And now we wait, and pray.

And now we wait.

I just hope Ford's not a Mafia Nuke...if he's the last mafia lynched, he just kills everyone--nobody wins.