Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Finally Playing FFIX

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Towns, have you gotten to Daguerreo yet?
    Never understood why everyone loves Daguerreo so much.

LET'S KEEP BOOKS IN A ROOM FULL OF WATER THAT'S A REALLY GOOD IDEA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because it's awesome

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nope. I've not played much in the past few days as I've been distracted from gaming by various things, but hopefully I'll be back into it tonight or tomorrow. As for where I am in-game, I got out of the Desert Palace, attempted to get into Cleyra (just to see if I could - I couldn't) and then went to Lindblum and Alexandria. Essentially I was wanting to Synth anything I didn't already have, so that was fun enough. I then got bored and decided against going to the Black Mage Village and Dwarf City (Codre Petrie? I forget.) in favour of pushing on with the story. I went into the area I've to go to next, talked with that priest fella, moved into the next area on that mountain thing, went through a couple of seemingly destroyed houses or something, found a Moogle and saved. I'll get back to it soon, but this area spawns monsters too regularly for my liking and I find it really annoying. Maybe I'll level up a bit before moving on so I can destroy things faster and not get too annoyed at how often the fights are kicking in. I'm currently using Zidane, Vivi, Steiner and Quina (as a healer for the most part), and those four are around L38-42.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

And now I'm going to have to start up another run of FF IX. Been over a year since I played through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post

Never understood why everyone loves Daguerreo so much.
    Because it's pretty and calm and relaxing. It's just a nice place. Plus Grand Dragons are just outside the door and if you managed to get the Name- Change card you can change your characters to silly names and then go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Nope. I've not played much in the past few days as I've been distracted from gaming by various things, but hopefully I'll be back into it tonight or tomorrow. As for where I am in-game, I got out of the Desert Palace, attempted to get into Cleyra (just to see if I could - I couldn't) and then went to Lindblum and Alexandria. Essentially I was wanting to Synth anything I didn't already have, so that was fun enough. I then got bored and decided against going to the Black Mage Village and Dwarf City (Codre Petrie? I forget.) in favour of pushing on with the story. I went into the area I've to go to next, talked with that priest fella, moved into the next area on that mountain thing, went through a couple of seemingly destroyed houses or something, found a Moogle and saved. I'll get back to it soon, but this area spawns monsters too regularly for my liking and I find it really annoying. Maybe I'll level up a bit before moving on so I can destroy things faster and not get too annoyed at how often the fights are kicking in. I'm currently using Zidane, Vivi, Steiner and Quina (as a healer for the most part), and those four are around L38-42.
    Wow those are actually very good levels to be at during that point in game!
    i remember being only like level 20-30 by the 3rd disk.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

YAY BOB!

What's your opinion on chocobo hot and cold?

I actually love the first disc. It's my fav. That beginning I can play a lot. I didn't find it boring in the least!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Concession: I've spent about one minute on the chocobo. I think I bypassed the chocobo forest until waaaaay later than I should have come across it. I found it on disk three, I think. xD I haven't done anything to do with chocobo hot and cold.

I'm finding it hard to get the enthusiasm to crack on with the game at the moment (mostly because I'm kind of stressed out by life right now) but I'm sure I'll finish this thing before too long. I've found it a very enjoyable FF for the most part. I'm currently at the point that I need to split up my party into four sets of two or something, so... will be interesting I guess?

OH I KNOW THAT PART!
    The 4 shrines.
    i love this game ;__;

The four shrines I find is a bit of a disappointment. There was so much of a chance to have four really fun dungeons with a split party, and all you get is a single boss fight, and you just kind of accept everyone else won their fight.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    The four shrines I find is a bit of a disappointment. There was so much of a chance to have four really fun dungeons with a split party, and all you get is a single boss fight, and you just kind of accept everyone else won their fight.
    Agreed. The first time I played, I was like leveling and buying new equipment and trout so I could get through them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    For once, I'm really glad someone spoiled this for me. No leveling up for you punks! /me shuffles them to the side.

I'd figured you'd have done it by then.

But yeah, it's probably the most disappointing aspect of the game.

Unrelated note, I'm just after that on my playthrough.

Who do you plan to use? I'm running Quina, Freya, and Amarant. Never ran with this group before.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For the shrine? Zidane & Quina, since Quina can both heal and deal damage at a low MP cost. As for who I use in general - Steiner/Quina/Garnet for the most part. I'm a little inclined to bring in Amarant for Quina or Garnet on occasion, though... the rest of them don't interest me too much but Vivi is quite a high level since he's often forced into your team. I'm not a huge fan of black mages in the FF series as I hate the MP restriction, but this game isn't terrible for it, I guess. I save those Ethers for dire situations, though, and I love to steal so I have a decent enough supply.

As for the shrine you don't really have a choice who to bring, so yeah. I meant in general.