Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orphan Black

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Just waiting for that Netflix release.

Tell me about it. I really loved Season 1.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had a long reply typed up but my smurfing mobile browser smurfed it. So I'll just say I'm halfway through season two and there is never a dull moment and I am literally engaged every minute of each episode and this show is brilliant.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I forgot to post about it but I binge-watched this a few months back. Brilliant show! Maslany's acting is of course fantastic, but there's a lot to be said for the direction, writing, editing and many other things as well. Fantastic production value overall.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Catching up on Christmas with Orphan Black! season two spoilers below don't read if you don't want to know

I just want to say it bothers me about the whole "Rachel is a self-aware clone" who also "needs" a monitor. Why? It makes no sense to me. Why make her self-aware at all in the first place? Or if you make her self-aware, why do you indulge her with information that all of the clones have monitors? Or why give her a monitor at all if she's self-aware? I understand their reasoning for it, it just doesn't make sense to me. It just sounds like an excuse to keep Beth Childs' boyfriend in the picture as Rachel's replacement monitor for the one who was killed.

Also, I freaking love Siobhan. I love her name, I think she's beautiful, especially for an older woman. I think she's just an all-around fierce, badass lady and I adore her.

I feel so bad for Ethan. He's this sweet, kindly older gentleman whose wife and child was taken for him. Now he's being shuffled around by Siobhan and Sarah and being told he'll have a bullet put into his head and being forced to be a lab rat, all without being asked about if he wants to participate in this clone circus. Also, I loooove that he was reading The Island of Dr. Moreau to Kira. What an awesome story and such a freaking apt reference to make to this show. Love it.

I freaking audibly and loudly cheered when Donnie took his camera out and took a photo then said "Have a troutty day" while smiling his more smug and asshole-ish smile. I used to think he was trash, but now I love Donnie. Especially after the whole intimidation scene with him and the gun. That was freaking awesome.

I maintain that Helena is the most interesting clone. I think our relationship with her as viewers is been so smurfing nuts in going from being terrified of her and her crazy from when we first meet her while she's trying to murder Sarah and doing all of this other crazy, untrustworthy trout. I genuinely feel sorry for her and mortified for her. And while I would never condone rape or anything even surrounding the nature of such a violation, I have to admit that I cheered again with what she did to Crazy Mr. Cult Leader. Good for her, man. I freaking love Helena.

tons of trout happening aaaaaaah

I have a theory that in the opening sequence, the eight flower petals we see represent eight clones. Rachel, Sarah, Alison, Cosima, The German, The One Who Died, Tony, and Beth Childs. Is that all? Am I missing any? Either way, I'm certain that we'll meet more, but there are eight petals so that's what it made me think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

how does no one care about this show, it's so good ;-;

Who's excited for season three?! Starts tomorrow!

also omg cal is daario cannot handle it

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I love the show. I forgot to post after I binge watched it on Amazon after that Shorty person mentioned it in some other thread. Some of the details get on my nerves sometimes, because I just don't know why anyone would be so stupid, but otherwise the characters and acting are great and I'm very much looking forward to season 3.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Never seen it, but I've wanted to. I think it's on Hulu+ or something, because I always use to see ads for it. "My name is ___ and this is my unconditional surrender" was always, always playing during the commercials.

One day I'll watch television shows.

no i won't there's the internet

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Ooooh! I wonder if it'll be on Netflix/HBO Nordic as it airs or if I'll have to acquire it through other means. I'm so excited! I just can't hide it!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Are there more seasons on Netflix yet? If so, I may try it out.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Seasons 1 and 2 are on Amazon Prime.

It's not available to stream on Netflix at all.