Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So did humanity survive? (ending spoilers)

Oh, and here I thought this was going to be about that part where Bugenhagen said Holy would destroy anything considered evil and even points out that the Planet could deem humanity evil, thus Holy would wipe us out along with Meteor.

They attempted to leave it ambiguous, but I guess people just went ahead and assumed humanity survived.

the crux of that argument lies in the fact that not all of humanity is evil... in On The Way to a Smile - Case of Denzil, Denzil explains how Holy killed many people and left just as many alive, so Holy did spare many people for various reasons... now before the Compilation i never denied anyone died just the theory that Holy wiped out ALL of humanity, and there is the original question "Did Humanity Survive?"... even without the Compilation i would still say yes, just due to the children laughing after the credits roll... the children signifies a new beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Why did they want "children" to be in the title at any cost?
    I am not Square. Nomura wanted the word to express Sephiroth's part and Nojima wanted to mention the children. Both are important for the plot. The Ultimania mentions it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    They attempted to leave it ambiguous, but I guess people just went ahead and assumed humanity survived.
    No, they didn't. Just that people eventually stopped using Mako. That is also explained in the Ultimania. They wanted to make it unequivocally without showing humans. Everyone saw the flash when the Lifestream hit Meteor and wanted to know what happened and of course if humanity survived. Then they showed Nanaki and his children and still did not say it. You just knew the planet was still there and also life. And then during the very last moment they used the laughter to finally say "here is what you were waiting for, the happy ending".
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-26-2013 at 12:17 PM.

What I do like is the agnostic theme. How a meteor is heading towards the planet and nobody is making any real preparations. Why masses of people aren't in front of churches praying. Sitting at tables if you enter homes to nicer meals.

Yeah, the multimillion-dollar masterpiece of the time couldn't fit all the details. Whatcha expect. It's fiction.

I'm pretty sure humanity survives to answer the original question. There'd be no point in making a game where heroes have to save a planet truly doomed. According to the author/opinion of fans.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I interpreted the ending in a way that Holy/Lifestream is meant to eliminate all alien substances that are not a part of the Planet, or should I say, part of the Lifestream. Therefore, things like Meteor and Jenova cells get destroyed. However, humans are a part of Lifestream's cycle, so they survive.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi