Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X is Objectively the Best Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Zidane is a bit of a dork, but I haven't actually been annoyed by him so far. Which is kind of surprising to be honest, because my younger self really didn't like the idea of a guy with a tail, probably because I'm not a big fan of monkeys and... yeah, I don't know. But overall I've found him to be pretty standard. Nothing special, but nothing terrible. Still, I'm not finished with the game yet, so...
    This is true. The character design may be annoying (although far less than Seymour's), but that alone is hardly what makes a character. Zidane never really annoyed me, I just wasn't a fan of his design. Or the graphics of the game (I really wish it had been on the PS2).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Well in fairness I haven't played FF IX in a really long time (I also never finished it because it never grabbed me personally), and I'm not going to sit here and argue that my opinions on a character in something I haven't played in a long time are correct, because that would be silly...

I am more than willing to give FF IX another shot and see if he is less annoying. I just recall him as being very annoying when I played the game.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    On the subject of annoying characters: anyone?
    Zidane is not annoying.

Attachment 42634
    He is the most annoying character in the entire series, and that includes getting back-attacked by a Malboro who opens with Bad Breath and you don't have a Ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

He is the most annoying character in the entire series, and that includes getting back-attacked by a Malboro who opens with Bad Breath and you don't have a Ribbon.
    This has got to be a Troll post. There's no way that Zidane is annoying. Zidane is a well-developed character who transforms into a unselfish warrior and leader of the group and is always helping others in need.

Stop smoking crack.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

This entire thread is tongue in cheek. Nobody would really go around saying FFX is objectively the best Final Fantasy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm kind of confused here guys. Not yet have you talked about me. It is, after all, my thread.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Tidus is whiny to an extent; there's no denying that. But think about his position, what's happened to him, where he's ended up? I'd probably be pretty whiny too.

Cloud and Squall are pretty whiny on and off, even though no one wants to admit it. The difference being that they didn't have voices, which is probably why everyone overlooks it unlike with Tidus.
    I like Kung-Fu.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cloud isn't remotely whiny, what are you talking about.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Tidus isn't always whiny (though he certainly is whenever Jecht pops into his head). He's just annoying and stupid. Almost as stupid as Wakka.

The battle system was decent, though the rock-paper-scissors aspect became mildly tedious on occasion. The sphere grid system was ok. Overall the game had the mechanics to be a good game.

And then it came to the writing. Between his Hope-esque whines about how horrible his father was and his general goofiness, I tended to dislike any cutscene with Tidus involved. I have to agree with Daniel that the best part of Tidus was that he wasn't real (despite that plot point being painful to think about). Yuna was the standard perfect love interest and thoroughly boring for most of the game. Lulu and Rikku were actually interesting, but ruined by blatant fan service.

Additionally, there are two ways to do JRPGs without a traditional worldmap: the FFX/XIII way, and the FFXII way. In FFX, the world -- which otherwise seems richly developed -- feels stunted and small. You get a feel for bits and pieces of it, but nothing to allow you to appreciate its scope. In FFXII, on the other hand -- and regardless of how you feel about the rest of the game -- the world feels massive, and you really experience a full trek across the world.

FFX's plot, overall, was actually pretty good. Though it still doesn't hold a candle to the more well-developed tales of FFVI and FFT.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

You know what...

You're all whiny bitches/twats/etc.

Yes BoB, I just called you Tidus!
    Last edited by Aulayna; 04-23-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aulayna, this is an official in-thread warning. Do not flame or insult other members of the forums. This includes calling them bitches, twats or Strong language, NSFWTiduses.

But seriously: Who's whining? I'm talking about Tidus in the same way Jecht would. Not whining, just saying what I think. The people who seem to be whining around here are the ones who disagree with us. "But he doesn't whine! He doesn't! It's not true! Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!"

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

In all fairness though I really don't remember Tidus whining that much. All I remember is the story of a kid being angry that has father wasn't there and that he constantly felt like he was living in his father's shadow and had an unsurmountable expectation to live up too. Then as the game went on and he learned the truth and came to realise that there was a world beyond that turmoil and that everything happened for a reason. I thought it was an interesting cultural reflection on the Eastern pressures of Male members of a family being expected to carry on the family legacy (particularly in Japan). It was a coming of age story of sorts.

Then again it has been 10 years since I played it so my memory is a bit rusty!

Though BoB, you are SUCH a Ti... User has been banned for this post

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    But seriously: Who's whining? I'm talking about Tidus in the same way Jecht would. Not whining, just saying what I think. The people who seem to be whining around here are the ones who disagree with us. "But he doesn't whine! He doesn't! It's not true! Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!"
    There is about as much whining in this thread as Tidus actually does, aka very little

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I can see how you might think that subjectively based on your own opinion, but objectively, Tidus is an annoying wusspuss whining bitching moron.

Remember, I'm talking objectively. *firm nod*

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

We've reached a point where I'm just confused. xD

Oh well. FFX is the best FF imo, but it's still not as good as Morrowind or Deus Ex, so it's all a moot point.