Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X is Objectively the Best Final Fantasy

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    On the one hand, Final Fantasy X has decent graphics, a beautiful world and a good battle system.

On the other hand, it has Tidus, Yuna and Seymour. It also had the voice acting of Tidus, Yuna and Seymour. That's not to mention Tidus, Yuna and Seymour. The only good thing about Tidus is that he thankfully isn't real. The only good thing about Yuna is that she isn't as bad as Tidus. The only good thing about Seymour is how his name reminds me of the way Seymour Skinners' mum says his name.
    Disliking Tidus or Yuna just shows that you're not paying attention and we're back to Pike's "OMG LAUGH SCENE MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER!" point. Seymour's less well executed but nonetheless beats any other FF villain since Sephiroth.

I mean... someone could create this beautiful matchstick house, the most beautiful matchstick house that was ever created, and then take a giant violent diarrhoea dump all over it. No matter how beautiful it was, it'll break down and smell like trout. This is how I view Final Fantasy X.
    That's a strikingly good description of FFIX.

My objective viewpoint is superior to MILF's objective viewpoint because I've actually played all the Final Fantasy games. I know, I know, some people might say I'm biased and subjective and not objective in this post, but I objectively checked it over and decided objectively using my objective opinion that my objective viewpoint is spot on, objectively.
    I'm pretty sure nobody is going to argue that II or XIV are the Best Final Fantasy and given that those are the only two I've not played... Edit: And trying to mock me for demanding proof doesn't actually prove me wrong (Because I can't be proven wrong, because I am not wrong.)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Seymour's less well executed but nonetheless beats any other FF villain since Sephiroth.
    This will be slightly left-field, but what about Caius from FFXIII-2? He was really developed well, had a motive that isn't "OMG DESTROY THE WORLD LOL" and, let's face it, is damn good at his job! I really liked Caius as a character, and I think he was a better villain than Seymour was.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm my own MILF is objectively wrong. ^_^
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought Hedy Burress did a wonderful job. Why does everyone say her voice acting was so bad? I legitimately don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I honestly don't understand the voice acting thing either.

Is it cheesy on occasion? Sure. But newsflash guys, the entire FF series is pretty cheesy. That's one of the reasons why it's so fun.

:monster:

Yuna's voice acting wasn't bad or anything (she came off as really meek, but that was almost certainly deilberate), but Tidus was irritating throughout almost the entire game. I don't get the impression that he was supposed to be, either. However, I'm not sure it's necessarily James Arnold Taylor's fault, either, since I've heard his work in other cases where he wasn't annoying at all. I get the impression he was given directions that weren't intended to make him annoying, but nonetheless managed to make him annoying.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

JAT has a really lovely voice. I think people don't like him, because they just don't like Tidus.

It might have just been Tidus' character that made his voice acting annoying in that game, yeah. Like I said, I don't think his annoyingness was Taylor's fault.

Concerning Tidus' apparent 'annoying, whiny' persona: if you were cast off into a world you didn't know or understand, I would imagine you would whine too -- I certainly would. Your world, as you know it, is gone. That's a really startling issue to deal with. I thought his character got this point across nicely. Concerning the laughing scene, it's certainly awkward… but I think it does a decent job conveying how Yuna and Tidus are developing a bond at that point in the story.

As for the comparison to FFXIII, unlike X, I didn't believe the acting in XIII -- the emotion felt phoned in on most occasions (except for Vanille and Fang), or it was way too over the top (see the fireworks scene with Snow and Serah (spelling?) ). I found X's acting and emotional content truly genuine, and remains my favorite of the FF's I've played
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Seymour's less well executed but nonetheless beats any other FF villain since Sephiroth.
    This will be slightly left-field, but what about Caius from FFXIII-2? He was really developed well, had a motive that isn't "OMG DESTROY THE WORLD LOL" and, let's face it, is damn good at his job! I really liked Caius as a character, and I think he was a better villain than Seymour was.
    Sephiroth, Kuja, Seymour and Caius are all very well written main villains because they have all very human aspects like revenge, loneliness, despair, the fear of loss, et cetera.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulance View Post
    Concerning Tidus' apparent 'annoying, whiny' persona: if you were cast off into a world you didn't know or understand, I would imagine you would whine too -- I certainly would. Your world, as you know it, is gone. That's a really startling issue to deal with.
    This x 1000.

It's not just that Tidus is lost and confused. That's understandable to a certain degree. What isn't understandable is some of his other issues. I get the guy had father issues, but they're just taken to soap opera levels of ridiculousness in FFX. I also get that he's supposed to be the audience surrogate and intended to ask questions about how Spira works so the audience isn't confused, but some of the stuff he's confused about is just ridiculously obvious regardless.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have honestly never even begun to understand why Tidus is said to be "whiny". After the intro section in Zanarkand he complains, like, twice about Jecht, and one of those is when he learns Jecht is Sin. The rest of the time he's either introspective or deals with it in about one line.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I'm with MILF.

I'm playing through the game right now and he isn't coming off to me as whiny in the least.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, he talks about the things his father did, but it's not really whining. In fact, I'd say if anything, the way he deals with it is both mature and confronting his issues. That's why when you fight Jecht, he's still angry with his father, but he's also sad that he's going and loves him.

Also, Tidus IS pretty stupid it at times

"Macarena Temple."
    "Aye!"