Thread: HATERS STAND OVER THERE, DEBATES GO AWAY, THIS IS THE FFX LOVE THREAD

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This game is engaging and a lot of fun. While it isn't in my top 3 favorites, it's still very good. I just started my third playthrough.

I really like Kimahri. I think they could have done more with him. At the same time, if they did too much, he wouldn't be Kimahri anymore. It's hard to strike a balance there. I liked Yuna. She was a sweet woman with a good heart and at the end, even though the teachings of Yevon were everything she knew and grew up with, she was still able to cast that aside to do something better.

The battles are fun, although I prefer the ATB system. Talking in battle was neat. I think X-2 did a great job of that. The way you could summon the aeons and have them fight for a while was great. The turn system did allow for easy planning since the turn order was displayed right on the side. Something I really liked was how all characters participating in battle got points, and you could swap out in a fight. So I would have a few cast status buffs before finishing a fight so that they all got points.

If we're including X-2, I think the job system was great. I love job systems, or fully customizable systems (like XII) where I can make my own job systems. It allowed for customization as well so I was very happy. The battle system in X-2 was excellent and I would be more than happy if all of the Final Fantasy battles were like that.

I liked the religious overtones to X. I am religious, but I can still make my own decisions and have morals and values that are based on me as a person, and not just based on what my religion tells me to do. I have however encountered many people who can't think past their own nose and use the Bible as a character guide. Some people can be ignorant based on their faith and some can take it to the extreme and use it to discriminate against others or hurt them and I think that's just wrong. I think this game demonstrated that well. You have people like Yuna who uses Yevon to try and do good (stop Sin to bring the Calm). And then people who discriminate against the Al Bhed.

The music was very good in most cases, the towns were well done. I loved the Mi'Hen Highroad. Macalania was beautiful. Mt-Gagazet was beautiful as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    The various areas of the world are beautifully created. I think they are the best display of 'fantasy' in the entire Final Fantasy series.

EDIT: And yeah, the music is beautiful, too, particularly Suteki da ne. The battle system was proper quality, too. And Blitzball was fun, although I totally agree with MILF that it would be so much better if it was all-out like a Football Manager game. They wouldn't need to do all the scouting since all the players would be fictional, so SE should get in touch with SI and see what can be done.
    Suteki da ne is the worst. 5 minutes of listening to a nasally Asian chick sing off key. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

17 posts, well that didn't take long, did it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    The various areas of the world are beautifully created. I think they are the best display of 'fantasy' in the entire Final Fantasy series.

EDIT: And yeah, the music is beautiful, too, particularly Suteki da ne. The battle system was proper quality, too. And Blitzball was fun, although I totally agree with MILF that it would be so much better if it was all-out like a Football Manager game. They wouldn't need to do all the scouting since all the players would be fictional, so SE should get in touch with SI and see what can be done.
    Suteki da ne is the worst. 5 minutes of listening to a nasally Asian chick sing off key. >.>
    Well, it should be noted that I love that song because of the performance of it on the Distant Worlds tour by Susan Calloway, so perhaps that's not technically part of the game. The song itself was gorgeously performed by Susan, though, so that makes me like the song. I can't even remember what it's like in the actual game. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

STFU n GTFO TB. No negs here.

The music is some of the best in the series, which makes it some of the best in gaming. The world is one of the most beautiful, though I only wish I could lollop about in it as much as in XII's. Spira with Ivalice's openness = glorious jizztastrophe.

Seymour was a good villain. While not handled perfectly, he was written pretty well a majority of the time and having him as a 'personal villain" compared to thE "impersonal antagonist" of Sin was great.

It has some of the best music in JRPG history.

The voice-acting was outright brilliant at points, such as the revelation in the Summoner's Sanctum. James Arnold Taylor's Tidus gets too much flack - he was just providing an annoying voice for an annoying characte. It fit perfectly. Nowhere is that more clear than his heartrending performance when he learns Yuna will die.

FFX-2's plot gets a lot of crap and most of it is probably deserved. However I applaud it wholeheartedly in one area and that is its showing how Spira changed in two years. The world and its inhabitants had been slaves to a theocracy for a millennium and I think the game did a very realistic and interesting job in detailing how everyone would react to it just collapsing. When it comes to people's responses, some would cling to tradition(New Yevon) while others would become extremely rebellious and liberal(the Youth League). With the collapse of a unified religion and a supreme oligarchy, lawlessness would abound (LaBlanc, the Bandits you can encounter in the Moonflow) and sanctified places and ideas would become nothing more than things to exploit. (the Calm lands, Zanarkand)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's tied for my favorite in the series!

Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Junya Nakano are my favorite three video game music composers and all three of them worked on this game's soundtrack, so natrually it's my favorite.

Articles
    Blog Entries

particularly Suteki da ne.
    I can listen the smurf out of Suteki Da Ne.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

<3

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I love how the characters sometimes make random comments during fights, especially when Lulu is on hand to tell them off.
    Ya like that?! (Read in Tidus' voice)

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post

The music was very good in most cases, the towns were well done. I loved the Mi'Hen Highroad. Macalania was beautiful. Mt-Gagazet was beautiful as well.
    i love the music in this game; so glad I have the soundtrack… macalania and gagazet were beautiful! So was Besaid -- probably my favorite spot… also loved the moonflow
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The game also has some of the most memorable scenes in any FF game. No, scratch that; this game has THE most memorable scenes in any FF game. The top three that comes to mind is when reaching Yunalesca up until fighting her, the scenes after beating Sanctuary Keeper and - naturally - the ending. I absolutely love these scenes and every time I watch them they only get better.

I put X Rikku and X-2 Yuna in my Top 5 Sexiest FF Babes List.

That's no mean feat considering the roster of hotties in this series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will say this. (SPOILER)The plot twist of Yu Yevon having originally been the enemy of Bevelle and Bevelle having been the ones using machina weapons and Zanarkand being the summoner place was quite interesting. It's interesting how Bevelle then made Yevon their faith and made Zanarkand out to be the ones who were using machina weapons and such.

Just a question is Final Fantasy X hated here that much ? I know that Final Fantasy VIII gets tons of backlash here, but I thought that FF X was pretty loved here ?

Suteki na De is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Just a question is Final Fantasy X hated here that much ? I know that Final Fantasy VIII gets tons of backlash here, but I thought that FF X was pretty loved here ?

Suteki na De is beautiful.
    It does seem odd, especially if people hate it so much, that they have to spend so much energy on the *FFX* part of the forum...
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.