Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII is Objectively the Worst Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiferxx View Post
    FFVIII is not the worst, it's on the top.
    Rep +

Love your Squall icon btw

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFVIII is second worst, XIII is worst.

At least VIII had actual gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewtheman View Post
    I'll agree it's one of the worst, but its still a good game, and is better than I, II, and III.
    I loved all three of those and II was my favorite.

Anyways, FFVIII is certainly flawed but I think people are much too critical of it. I can think of worse FFs. Which I won't name here as to not derail the thread, because no one will agree with me.
    Final Fantasy VII?

Wolf I don't care enough about XIII to defend it with more than one post but I think your bias is showing. You are giving VIII way more leniency than XIII. If XIII had been VIII, I hypothesize that you'd be crapping on it just as hard as you crap on the actual XIII.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

VIII is better than I, II, IV and XII, in my opinion.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    God is rolling over in his EoFF grave.

Agree.

Minus the IV part.

Better than FFVII, FFIX, FFXII, FFXIII and FFX.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love how everyone's just like, "Nuuuu, you're wroooooong" instead of giving valid reasons why this is a good game. (As we did in the FFX thread.)

Y'all FFVIII fans suck at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I love how everyone's just like, "Nuuuu, you're wroooooong" instead of giving valid reasons why this is a good game. (As we did in the FFX thread.)

That is because you have given no evidence to support your assertion, which is how it works. You have to provide evidence to support your conclusion it is not up to us to find fault with it. Can you prove that invisible fairies that only I can see and converse with live in my backyard? Prove that wrong.

Besides 8 doesn't have Hope or man thongs.

IX had a couple of man-thongs and by god I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also Hope was the best character in XIII. He had the most realistic characterization and the best development of any of the party.

Most of the FFVIII fans gave out pretty good reasons why they loved the game out in the " Haters go away thread "

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    IX had a couple of man-thongs and by god I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also Hope was the best character in XIII. He had the most realistic characterization and the best development of any of the party.

Not FF VIII related but I agree. Plus Kuja is awesome. Best FF villain ever made by Square.

Why FFVIII is a good game?

Here are a couple of reasons:

CONTAINS SPOILERS

Final Fantasy VIII has a great deep storyline that if you don't follow it, is a really complicated, so you have to be full concentrated when you are playing. It's complicated and mysterious, as well it has dark theme what makes the game even more intresting. Characters are great characterized and fit well in the story. Antagonists played their part good and only thing I would change is that Seifer has more deeper role and dies in the end. As well, I would add Griever as an optional GF, but never mind.
    Parallel characters that are playable are great presented and I prefer that, because entire game is not focused on the main character, but you have some others that are important for the story too.
    Locations are well thought out. Just remember Balamb Garden, Lunatic Pandora, Ultimecia castle and one of best parts in the game - space, that is absolute fantastic.
    Battle system is great, even if it is turn based, I find it quick and dynamic. Junction system is the best leveling up (learning skills, magic, abilities) system I've ever seen in any RPG, not just FF series. Because it fully depends on you what do you want that your characters learn and what abilities you want they have equipped. In FFVIII that system is fully developed and best presented.
    GF system of learning skills is brillant, there's not a single word of criticism regarding the system. There's a lot of GF, what is the most important there are a lots of optional.
    Graphics for that time period and console generation is absolute fantastic, it has great graphics and great soundtrack.
    The game is full of side quests, you have a lot to do except the main story, but that's more like RPG at that time, not today where you have only one side quest.
    When I look generally FFVIII has it's weaknesses like every other game, but I don't notice weaknesses when I look the positive factors of the game.

That is why Final Fantasy VIII is a great game and on top of FF series and even on top of the list of best RPG of all time.

and even on top of the list of best RPG of all time.
    It IS a great FF game, but one of the best RPGs? I don't think so.
    I find the lack of equipment customization disturbing and the Junction system is too limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblet View Post
    and even on top of the list of best RPG of all time.
    It IS a great FF game, but one of the best RPGs? I don't think so.
    I find the lack of equipment customization disturbing and the Junction system is too limited.
    I played many RPG, but with FFVIII I had a lots of fun and I find Junction system the most intresting leveling up system.