Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beat 'Em Ups/Fighting Games

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    True story: I got Street Fighter 4 for my PS3. Couldn't even beat the last boss of Arcade Mode on Easy.
    It was the same for me when I first got way back in 2009. Took me forever to beat him. He can't fight him by conventional means. I think what I did was spam some certain move over and over to get rid of most of his health. A lot of fighting game bosses are known to be cheap you just got to find the move that they almost never defend against.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Soul Calibur is my game and Voldo is my main. Got 2nd place in a tournament with him. Cue jokes now.

I'm also decent at Tekken, BlazBlue, and Skullgirls, while sucking (and not particularly liking) Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, and Street Fighter.

Smash Brothers isn't my cup of tea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Soul Calibur is my game and Voldo is my main. Got 2nd place in a tournament with him. Cue jokes now.

I'm also decent at Tekken, BlazBlue, and Skullgirls, while sucking (and not particularly liking) Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, and Street Fighter.

Smash Brothers isn't my cup of tea either.
    Skullgirls <3

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a Marvel vs. Capcom junkie when it comes to fighting games, I also play a good bit of the DBZ and Naruto games as well!

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It's neat to see so many people have the same opinion on the newer SC's and how they've declined. I just wrote about how I feel SC2 was the pinnacle.

I love old 2D fighters like Street Fighter Turbo, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown, etc. I could turn it into a massive name drop, but that's enough of an idea.

Also Del is correct. There are many good beat 'em ups, like Golden Axe, but the one to rule them all is TMNT Turtles in Time. X-Men arcade was a fair second place in my eyes.

Tekken is very good game. With 3d visual and gameplay. It just awsome. I usually use Eddy Gordo, Lars Anderson, Steve Fox, Baek Doo san and Bruce Irvin.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm not entirely sure how big a fan you are when you don't even know the characters' names!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Usually I often hear their names when I was about to choose a character. And usually when I chose, their names are usually mentioned. "Eddy" "Steve Fox"
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    but the one to rule them all is TMNT Turtles in Time. X-Men arcade was a fair second place in my eyes.
    Lets kick shell!
    Welcome to die!
    "Headstrong and skimpy! I like it!"-Zidane when fighting against Tifa in Dissidia.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Beat 'em ups are fun, but I am terrible at them.

Fighters I am similarly terrible at. It's easily my "worst" game genre.

Street Fighter II was always a classic though, and so was Killer Instinct. What a great game.

Beat 'em up games are cool. I love the Double Dragon series, and Battletoads series, Turtles in Time, Castle Crashers, Maximum Carnage, Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker, Alien versus Predator, Golden Axe series, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, Batman Returns, Power Rangers, and the Final Fight series. Hope I didn't miss any others!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Who remembers the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on Game Boy? Loved that one!

Also had some glorious 8-bit music.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Beat 'Em Ups, Muramasa: The Demon Blade is probably the best. And I like the old Capcom ones like Captain Commando.

Fighters, the Blazblue games are pretty cool, Persona 4 Arena looks great too but I have not played it yet..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles

I used to play a TON of Street Fighter (2 and 4) and Tekken (Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2) both online and locally. I'm a big fan of both series. Its been quite a while since i've played either though.

I was pretty good. Way better in SF than I was at Tekken though.
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've kinda bounced off fighting games in the last decade or so, but used to be into SF2 and T3 in a big way. A hell of a lot of hours put into both of those. Also, I used to play SSF2T on the PC with the keyboard. It's hard, but not impossible, and some stuff is actually easier. But Zangief's Spinning Piledriver was always way beyond me XD

As for beat-em-ups, Streets of Rage 2 is my favourite, though Capcom produced a whole slew of awesome ones, like Captain Commando, Punisher, Warriors of Fate (sequel to the afore-mentioned Dynasty Warriors), and of course, Final Fight.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea