Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, let's see if this get's me any hate...

It's the song that Dagger/ Garnet sings throughout out the game, that hum song and the song that she sings in Dali ( or rather have some random woman do la-la-la's in the tune of the song ) And the song that Zidane mentions is beautiful in Lindblum and the song he asks to hear again.

Garnet says that she doesn't really know where it comes from or where she heard it last; but she says that it calms her down and keeps her cheerful when she's alone.

Zidane clearly remembers Garnet's song and sings it when he's traveling back to Alexandria castle to survive and again, remind him that he's not alone.

It clearly started out as a Summoner Village song, Dagger managed to remember it- making it her song and then it becoming Zidane and Dagger's song. Nothing to do with FF IX being the last game of the PlayStation era, or anything like that. Just a song symbolizing that " we parted, so when will we see each other again " ? Part of the FF IX ending and Zid's and Dagger's love relationship.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think they're discussing the lyrics, not the origins.

Yeah but the lyrics are like " Oh my dearest memory, will you remember loving me " ? " Was it fate, that brought us close and then leaves us behind " ?

How can it be about FF IX being the end of a decade of Vivi dieing when it's clearly talking about loss in love ? And the origins tells us that the song is telling us that it's about Zid and Dag.

The song is clearly about a love that is not coming back, yet reminiscing on the times spent together. This isn't a song about coming back together, it's a song about looking back on what you had fondly as you move forward.

FF IX was, by admition of the directer, a send off to all the FF's before it, a fond farewell to all that FF was. That emotion is the very core of what Melodies of Life is about.

It is, however, not the core of Zidane and Garnets relationship at the end game, which is quite the opposite of a goodbye.

And the line is "In your dearest memories, do you remember loving me. Was it fate that brought us close, and now leaves me behind", just to clarify.