Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ironman 3

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was pretty obvious who the main villain was going to be from the very begininng eventhough I don't know a lot about Iron Main antagonists. Once again I would not go see this crap if Robert Downey Jr. wasn't so amazing at being such a pompous witty, intellectual dick which is basically himself. I liked that it showed all the suits but then blew them up wtfff no. Nothing was a shock in this movie except for the Ben Kingsley part. Him and Heartbreaker suit were my favorite part of the whole movie.

I am so done with this franchise though. Bring on some new blood like Ant Man which should be coming out soon.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Love it, great movie, possibly my fave of the three Iron Man flicks.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I HATED that they followed up an awesome kickass sequence with Pepper with a line that diminished what she had just done. It's funny because as it was happening I literally was thinking, "Wow, Pepper is on fire! I hope they don't ruin it by making her say or do something that takes away from this." And then BAM! She follows it up with some bulltrout "oh mah goodness gracious, that was so violent!"

It was a small thing, and I'm sure most people didn't notice. But I felt it coming, and sure enough, there it was. Can't have a woman be powerful without reinserting the fact that she is womanly and delicate afterward!
    I complained about this to Joe the entire way home. I get that Pepper would be an obvious target but I am so tired of having her having to be saved by Tony. Between her intelligence, organizational skills, and access to resources, you'd think that she would have some sort of emergency plan other than "we are leaving town". But no, she has to remain a damsel in distress, and even when she's offered thirty seconds of power over others it has to be at the cost of her agency and bodily autonomy, and she has to remain dependent and a victim even when she triumphs over the bad guy and saves the one she loves.

The movie was okay. I feel like they leeched too much of Tony Stark's arrogance, wit and charm out of the movie though, without replacing it with high enough concentrations of fear, alcohol dependence (Oh, I'm sorry, "Paladium poisoning"), and erratic fly-boy behaviour to make up for it. It was a little watered down for me.

Iron Man will probably always be my favourite Marvel movie, followed by the Ed Norton Hulk movie, and Spider-Man 2.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

BJ and I went during the midnight showing... of Star Trek. So we had the whole theater to ourselves and we brought in dinner. And it was a lovely date.

I liked the movie, though I don't think I liked it better than either of the other ones. It was pretty slow until the kid showed up, but I liked the couple of twists it had in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I HATED that they followed up an awesome kickass sequence with Pepper with a line that diminished what she had just done. It's funny because as it was happening I literally was thinking, "Wow, Pepper is on fire! I hope they don't ruin it by making her say or do something that takes away from this." And then BAM! She follows it up with some bulltrout "oh mah goodness gracious, that was so violent!"

It was a small thing, and I'm sure most people didn't notice. But I felt it coming, and sure enough, there it was. Can't have a woman be powerful without reinserting the fact that she is womanly and delicate afterward!
    That almost bothered me, though she also seemed to enjoy it so I choose to focus on that. It was a nice moment overall, having Pepper be the badass for once.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Am I the only person who didn't even notice that Pepper thing?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Maybe, but I didn't care about it, so close enough.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Maybe, but I didn't care about it, so close enough.
    Same here.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"