Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you met any people 'from the internet?'

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Boco Have you met any people 'from the internet?'

Hey so yesterday while I was in Chicago I met my first person from the internet! One of the friends that I had forced to tag along with me decided to schedule a meetup. This was also a 'first time' for my friend too.

It was so much unlike meeting someone new at school or work. I didn't know what to expect, but it was probably one of the most surreal feelings I've had in a while. Besides maybe the sleepy feeling I got after eating BBQ chicken that day.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) this girl wasn't from Eyeson and it was more of a thrill for my friend but I just had this twinkle in my eye the whole time. I imagined what it would be like if that were an Eoffer or an IRC friend sitting in front of me instead, you know?

I already know there have been at least 9 marriages from this website and probably zounds more meetups/relationships. Curious, which Eoffers/internet people have you interacted with outside of video games, chatrooms, and forums? And how was it?
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I met an internet person in las vegas while i was checking out an auction

never met someone from eoff. hope to this summer! maybe

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

no

lots. 9 from eoff i think. plus a lot from a different part of the internet (those were all in the same meetup)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Went to a Chicago Eyes on meet up in 2007. I also met Jen (more active in IRC) when she randomly decided to stop by my place in 2003. Holy crap that was 10 years ago!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've met Happy Noodle Boy!

In June I'm meeting Denmark, and in September, the plan is to meet Shorty. (Which will be all sorts of cray cray.)

Laddy and I have really been putting our heads together on how to meet up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd like to meet a few EoFFers during my time here, but alas, I've met no-one from the internet. Part of it is due to a idle fear of the unknown and people not liking me, another is money, and another is convenience, and yet another is my age.

There's many barriers, is what I'm saying. Shame really.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

i have and then i touched them

not pauw though

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've met a few people from the internet. First person I actually met from online was a past member named Drex (if anyone could remember him.) He happened to live nearby, like he lived in the same state. No, more like he lived in the same city. No, more like he lived in the same area, just a little further than just across the street. We met during Halloween of 2002, he came by my house, I was giving treats. He was dressed as a Christmas Tree. Actually, he just wrapped himself in christmas lights. It's been awhile since I've last heard of him. Not sure what really happened to him, last I heard he went on some missionary, because he's Mormon, I think.

I also happened upon a meeting for another forum I used to go to. Gamingforce. I wasn't really much of a member there, but they had a plan to meet at a nearby mall, so I happened to join along because it was close. It was fun. We watched a movie, hung out at the laserquest, and played some arcade games. Not much really went on. This was 2006.

Then last year, I participated in the DC meeting. Met Baloki, Jiro, and Laddy. Fun group. Had a good time with them, even though I was usually the quiet one. xD I wouldn't mind meeting more people from the internet.

Oh, not to forget, I also met Strider, this was back in 2005, maybe? It was when I was visiting my ex-gf in Oakland, who was also from the Internet. She was a member as well. Divina was her screen name. She's nice.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    i have and then i touched them
    This sounds incredibly creepy. I'm surprised the police isn't monitoring you.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've met Justy, enano, and ShadowBahamut. I could have met Kaycee but I think i worked that day, and it's not every day i can afford to go to cedar point

I almost met Værn but that didn't work out either!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I've met 7 eoffers. It's been different everytime. Always fun though. Yah I could have met celes when I met justy but we went.to ceder point and i didnt pay for it Lolol

It's always a different experience. The most different experience was when i met rengori. That was different. Live the kid though.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)
    Spaceman Spiff
    James Latimer Cockney Rebel
    Linus
    MecaKane
    G13
    Rantz
    Lynx
    Kalilung
    NorthernChaosGod
    rubah
    Kawaii Ryukishi
    Marshall Banana
    Necronopticus
    Roogle
    Justy
    Jiro
    Calliope
    Jentleness
    Hito
    krel
    Denmark
    Happy Noodle Boy
    Psychotic
    Freya
    Del Murder
    Miriel

27! I don't think I've forgotten anyone D:

I have met only one outside EoFF, was interesting and quite fun. If anyone from EoFF wanted to, they are most definitely welcome to visit me anytime by request of course and we can all hang out!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    (SPOILER)
    Spaceman Spiff
    James Latimer Cockney Rebel
    Linus
    MecaKane
    G13
    Rantz
    Lynx
    Kalilung
    NorthernChaosGod
    rubah
    Kawaii Ryukishi
    Marshall Banana
    Necronopticus
    Roogle
    Justy
    Jiro
    Calliope
    Jentleness
    Hito
    krel
    Denmark
    Happy Noodle Boy
    Psychotic
    Freya
    Del Murder
    Miriel

27! I don't think I've forgotten anyone D:
    Wow Shorty, where do you find the time? That's amazing! :O

:monster:

I've met a few internets people. One of them was an ex-girlfriend. She posted here briefly under some screen name I'm not 100% certain of, but I think it was Tenderness. The only other EoFF person I'm sure I've met in person is lonny bob, although I think one other person I've met may have posted here at some point. Maybe. But I doubt she posted here much, and I have no idea what screen name she'd have used. I was going to meet up with a bunch of internets people at the Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity, but troutty cellphone reception prevented that from happening.

There are a lot of people here I wouldn't mind meeting, but I doubt I'll have the opportunity at any point in the near future, as not too many EoFFers live in Florida and I don't get the opportunity to travel much.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)