Thread: Your one favourite show.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Your one favourite show.

I love all of Whedon's work, I really do. I adore it.

I was a latecomer to Firefly because I wasn't able to watch it until I bought the boxset for myself at 16. So I was late to it, but when I watched it. WOW. I fell in so much love, it really appealed to me at that age too, my sense of adventure...

But my favourite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It just, it's the one show I will always be able to put on an episode of, and it will never get boring. I've written essays on Buffy, I've studied the text and now it just makes so much sense to me, and I keep learning more and more about it, and the older I get the more I connect with things the characters go through that I never did before. I will never, ever not love Buffy. I have watched it since I was 7, I grew up with the Scoobies - through the pain, the losses and the victories. Some of Buffy's spirit I'm sure has passed on to me, because I have never felt like I'm not equal to a man. I've always felt I'm BETTER than a man because Buffy taught me to be strong and that men don't have to come in and save you, you can save yourself! Heck, you can save a man too! I just love it so much. I watched Once More with Feeling last night and could not get my eyes away from the screen. Nearly every episode is just magic and sometimes I cry watching an episode because I love it so damn much.

Phil has never seen it. You have no idea how freaking excited I am to watch it with him as a first time viewer. I really, really hope he doesn't spoil it for himself. This is a show I love so much and I can't wait for him to fall in love with it too. And for me to get to watch it all the way through AGAIN.

If you could only pick ONE show as your all time favourite show, what would it be and why? Do you have an attachment to it like I do with Buffy? Or do you just enjoy it because it's fun... idk!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Scrubs. I relate with JD and Turk really well and the brand of humor in the show is right up my alley.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think everyone knows my answer to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When it comes to older shows my favorite has to be Smallville. Loved it in the first few seasons, not so much later on but man oh man those beginning seasons really made me geek out every smurfing time.

As for new shows my favorite is Archer by far. The show is so goddamned funny that it leaves me crying just about every episode.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite show will always be House. I love that grumpy doctor.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Survivor, at least early on, was a genuinely good show before it became so nauseatingly exploitative and borderline unwatchable. Barring that, Star Trek: The Next Generation.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

<a href=http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/>the best show aired in the past decade</a>

My immediate reaction to the question is to yell Firefly, but I don't think that is entirely accurate. It was one season of some of the best television ever made, but there were some aspects of the show that were kind of lackluster (the plot was overall kind of meh, though the standalone plots were amazing).

The more I think about it, the more I arrive at the conclusion that Veronica Mars is my favorite show of all time. Despite losing steam over the second and third season, they were still relatively strong. The actors gave wonderful performances despite lackluster scripts and it is just a very fun show to watch. I have seen it probably half a dozen times and will probably start again shortly.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Simpsons is the best show ever. Many of the later seasons are not as good but I could watch seasons 2-10 over and over again...and have!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

M*A*S*H.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The Wire is the best show ever made, and I rewatch it every year. It has an amount of realism and brutal honesty that is unprecedented on mainstream TV. Every story the show tells is deeply compelling.

I also have to give an honorable mention to House, which -- while nowhere near the quality of The Wire (and not much is) -- is definitely one of my all-time favorite shows, if you couldn't tell from my signature. House is an extremely unique character that is oddly relatable; I have watched all of the first 5 or 6 seasons multiple times, and it is a show that I never really tire of. The last couple seasons were admittedly much weaker, and I still hate with the passion the Tritter "House-is-a-horrible-druggie" subplot in part of season 3, but I dearly love the rest of the show.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a strong inclination to say The Office. Seasons 2 and 3 are so magical, and even into some of season 4 and it kicked right back up with season 5. I have a lot of emotional feelings attached to this show with things that were going on in my personal life when I first started watching it. But the way these past few seasons and Michael leaving has affected how I feel about it. I feel the same about 30 Rock and how much the show changed in the last couple of seasons.

Parks and Rec is just so smurfing good and it tops everything. I have no emotional feelings attached to this show, yet it manages to get me right in the feels and meets all of my emotional and comedic needs. The characters are lovable and not too overbearing and they progress in ways that don't make them feel worlds different than when you first met them. The story and episodes are so good, and Leslie Knope rivals Liz Lemon for the top spot in World's Greatest Feminist. (SPOILER)Not to mention that she and Ben are so adorable that it's sick.

Parks and Rec.

Futurama. Though that's probably because I'm a giant nerd.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The X Files hands down..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I find it hard to compare cartoons to comedies to dramas to whatever else. I also find it hard to compare the emotion I felt over a TV show ten years ago to one I watch now, because I can't remember things 100%. I also don't watch as many different TV shows as some other people do.

Still, I'll give it a go!

When I was a kid, Transformers was the best thing ever. Simpsons was awesome, too.
    When I was a teenager, Friends was the best show ever, and I never missed an episode. I think it remains the only show that I have always watched, even in it's later years (not counting shows that are still running right now). Star Trek: Voyager and Stargate SG-1 were cool, too. Oh, and Roswell.
    Over the past ten or so years, I really enjoyed shows like Lost and various stand up comedy shows. I'm not sure if the latter count...
    Now, though, my favourite show is Suits.

In the end, it's probably between Friends and Suits, and since Suits is still going I suppose I'll say my favourite ever complete TV series is Friends.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!