Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your one favourite show.

Easily The Wire. The stories, the depth of the characters and their flaws, and the social aspect are just unparalleled. Maybe one day someday there will be something that rivals it, but I think it'll be a while.

Honourable mentions: Breaking Bad, Blackadder, Peep Show, Star Trek: TNG.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Veronica Mars.

As much as I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and House, I honestly can't think of a better character than Veronica Mars. It's no wonder Kristen Bell seems crap in everything she's been in since (though watch Gracie's Choice; sure it's a made-for-TV movie based on a true story, it's also genuinely really good and KB is excellent in it), she hasn't had a character nearly as deep and believable as Veronica Mars to portray. The overarching plots for each season were genuinely compelling (yes, even season 3; it was the case-of-the-week plots that really let that season down), the mood and atmosphere was nailed down perfectly I felt, how the main cast interacted with each other was brilliantly done, and I liked how some characters became better people, while others became worse, that the one-dimensional characters would be revealed to have more to them (Don Lamb in Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner, anyone?). But it always comes back to Veronica Mars and Kristen Bell, who in coming together, really made this show something special.

I'm really looking forward to the Kickstarter-funded movie, even though I'm sure it'll inevitably fail to live up to my expectations. ;_;
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Buffy has and always will be my favorite. Friends obviously gets an honorable mention.

I really can't choose one, but maybe Six Feet Under.

The Wire also. Too hard to choose.

Blog Entries

This for so many reasons. I have some many childhood memories connected with this show, and whenever I feel down or depressed, I put on one of my favorite episodes, and it lifts me right back up again.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wish I had an answer. I've never been a big TV watcher. I watched cartoons growing up and occasionally caught something on TV as a teenager but now mine's never on. The only shows I've ever watched regularly are Sons of Anarchy, Archer, Star Trek: TNG, My Little Pony, and Inuyasha. But I do really wanna watch Firefly.

If I had to pick one of those it would be Archer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Really hard to say, but probably Friends.

Yup, I'm just that lame.

It's so hard for me to pick favorites since i love so many different things. The most recent thing that had me going oh man that was holy cow amazing was The Newsroom.. the whole season just had me floored