Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's your favorite Cid of the FF series?

Yeah, Cid was the best part of FF VII. My favorite part of the game was him taking over as party leader when cloud was out. I can't be the only one who wished that change was permanent.

What's with this love of FFVII Cid ? Oh god he drove me around the bend and the way he treated Shera was just so.... uncomfortable. It was like domestic abuse almost.

No. Just I can't.

I understand that his dream got spoiled and everything and he really does care about Shera, but, no. The way he yells out her it's just too awkward for me to personally enjoy his character; he's one of my least favourite Cids. I can't understand this. :/

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Yeah, Cid was the best part of FF VII. My favorite part of the game was him taking over as party leader when cloud was out. I can't be the only one who wished that change was permanent.
    You would rather have Cid take over Cloud's job ? CLOUD ? Cloud is awesome and while he acts like a selfish prick at first it's not really him; it's not his true identity. Cid has no excuse expect being butthurt over losing his dream. I mean butthurt x 1000,000.

I... don't understand this....

I'm going to go outside and talk the dog for a long walk. I just can't.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cloud and Cid both suck equally.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of FFVII Cid, and I also fail to see the wide love that he gets. I'm a particular fan of FFX Cid, he's so dopey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

VII's Cid. Just so awesome. But all Cid's are pretty cool, except for VIII's Cid, who was like an old teacher.

Just remembered that when I played through VII a few years ago on my PS2, I had the most epic battle with him. This was when Cloud was in a coma and Cid had taken over the party. Then Ultima Weapon busts down on Mideel and the battle commences. Blows are traded, spells are cast, and then, he does some power and it destroys my party. The other 2 members are KO'ed and Cid is on his last legs. But he still manages to get up and, with his last strength, he strikes Ultima. The beast, feeling the pain of Cid's spear, gets scared and takes flight.

That's how I like to remember it. It just justifies Cid's awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of FFVII Cid, and I also fail to see the wide love that he gets. I'm a particular fan of FFX Cid, he's so dopey.
    This. FF IX Cid rocks.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FFIX Cid does indeed rock, but I said FFX Cid.

Every time Rikku makes fun of him or something, he gets all wounded. It's adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    What's with this love of FFVII Cid ? Oh god he drove me around the bend and the way he treated Shera was just so.... uncomfortable. It was like domestic abuse almost.

No. Just I can't.
    I agree. I think it was portrayed a little over the top. Didn't those two characters end up getting married eventually?

It sends a bad message to me that the two ended up getting together after years of abuse from Cid to Shera. I can only hope that Cid turned around completely after he discovered the truth. I can't remember too much about it from the game itself as it has been too long.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    It sends a bad message to me that the two ended up getting together after years of abuse from Cid to Shera. I can only hope that Cid turned around completely after he discovered the truth. I can't remember too much about it from the game itself as it has been too long.
    As far as I remember, he does make quite the about turn and regrets how he treated her. After they go into space and the one tank does fail, making him realise that she was right. Then he's nice Cid.

But yeah, he is quite rude to her in the beginning.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like ooglop/frog cid

I also like XII's cid surprisingly. He's all bad guy and nerdy lookin and stuff.