Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

Thread: The Newbie Party 2013

nooo we have questions to answer now.. luckily it is my weekend for the next few days so i should be able to get mine done without much hassle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Looks like our forum reps have some questions to answer! Please [url=http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=3085PM Election Booth[/url] with your answers. Let us know when you're done! If you need any help, let me know.

General Forums Rep: Scotty_ffgamer
    Questions for all representatives:
    Imagine your rich uncle WarrenW has died and has left you Eyes on Final Fantasy in his will. You decide that you will change the staff. Pick 4 admins, 10 Cid's Knights and 5 editors. You may not retain any current staff in your choices - this is a complete overhaul. Explain your choices.

What has been the best event (beside the Ciddies) in the EoFF history of your membership? Are there any events you would like to see created or reprised? Do you have an idea for an event never done before that you'd like to see?

What change would you like to see implemented at Eyes on Final Fantasy, either on the front site, the forums or policy? Explain your reasons.
    General Forums Representatives
    In detail, please create a battle plan about the great war between General Chat and EoEo. Pick a leader, a lieutenant and a special forces squad for each side, what thread topic would send these forums into war with eachother and how it would end. Let's get creative now!

What influences of general media and modernism do you find or have you noticed in Final Fantasy games? It can be any game from any time period.
    Gaming Forums Rep: Shaibana
    Imagine your rich uncle WarrenW has died and has left you Eyes on Final Fantasy in his will. You decide that you will change the staff. Pick 4 admins, 10 Cid's Knights and 5 editors. You may not retain any current staff in your choices - this is a complete overhaul. Explain your choices.

What has been the best event (beside the Ciddies) in the EoFF history of your membership? Are there any events you would like to see created or reprised? Do you have an idea for an event never done before that you'd like to see?

What change would you like to see implemented at Eyes on Final Fantasy, either on the front site, the forums or policy? Explain your reasons.
    Gaming Representatives
    State your case for you who think is the greatest non-FF protagonist and non-FF antagonist and why. They do not have to be from the same game. What do these characters have in common with eachother, what about their stories do you admire and what makes them great?

Think of something absolutely absurd that you would like to see worked into a game. It could be anything - storywise, battle-wise, aesthetics-wise, character-wise. What is something great and borderline far-fetched you would like to see find its way into a game someday and how would the game benefit from doing this?
    Old School Forums Rep: the_best_noob

Final Fantasy: Old School Representatives
    Create a dream party of five (FFIV-style) featuring characters from these games and explain why you chose them. Assign an EoFFer (past or presently active) to each of the characters you think they are most alike and explain why.

Would you like to see any of these games remade? Would it destroy them or is there a chance they could be made better? Is there anything more you hoped for from the game(s) when you first played them? Could improvements be made as far as aethetics go, or would you prefer to retain nostalgia with how they are now than to modernize them?
    Golden Age Forums Rep: Gzussaves

Final Fantasy: Golden Age Representatives
    Please write a micro love story of epic proportions exchanging Cuchulainn in place of Cloud and Quint Eastwood in place of Aeris. Include a) an important event from one other Final Fantasy game and a) a famous movie plot twist to add to your story. It's okay to mix up details or throw a few extra things in here and there. Get as creative as possible.

How do you think FFVIII would have fared if the characters were all sparkly vampires? How would this affect Garden, SeeD, their missions and the sorceresses? Would it make the game better or worse?
    Modern Era Forums Rep: chaos7

Final Fantasy: Modern Era
    Who is the most sexually attractive character, NPC, boss, etc. in these games? Please provide an explanation and an image of them in a sexy pose. Bonus points will be issued if you include yourself in the drawing.

What new feature (or features) would you add to FFXIV? What traditional FF elements would you remove? What would you like to see done that has never before been done with a previous Final Fantasy?
    EVERYONE!!!
    Additional question for anyone who is up for it:
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is upon us! Describe how you'd like to see this next world, the plot and bosses of this world. What would you like to see happen in this game that would make it different from the other two?
    NOTE: I know chaos7 is unable to assist at the moment, so if Shauna/Mr. Shauna/Snacks want to take on his question, please let me know in this thread and we'll allocate you as the official stand-in.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I'll let Matt or Snacks take it. Let them get involved. If neither step up, I'll get it done.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

expect mine on sunday evening :o.. i dont know about the time difference btw :P

Articles

Edited the wall o text cause it's now below.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 06-29-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

got the same problem Mr. Shauna
    i knoe very view here on FF :o
    and im not using it often enough to point out some flaws

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To clarify, the representatives don't answer each of the questions. Just for the category you signed up for. IE, if you signed up for Modern Era, just answer the Modern Era questions.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

What about the questions for all representatives? Surely they answer them, too?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. Just all of the different representative categories.

Please refer to your mognet messages from Election Booth about with questions to answer. They were each sent to you individually with which specific questions pertain to you. Any other questions, let me know!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I will give Snacks a few more hours to pitch in. If he doesn't, I will take the helm and make up some crap.

yea this is hard being a newbie... the general question isnt newbie friendly at all
    so after staring at the questions for a long time, being that i barely know anyone on the forums, and i have no ideo who quint eastwood is I just cant find a way to answer these questions at all.. i can answer the optional but that's about it... a little unfair questions for the newbies imo
    Last edited by Gzussaves; 06-29-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Think of it differently. It could mean that your answers are easier than ever.

For this one, just pick people you've met and liked the posts of or chatting with, if you like. You don't need to have perfect choices as you're a newbie. Really, you could even just pick random names of EoFFers and say "Well, what do you expect? I'm a newbie!"

If you've only ever witnessed one or two events, you could pick either of them. Less to pick from makes an easier choice. As for ideas for events, just try to get creative.

Again, just get creative with this. You could ask for a pizza delivery service, it doesn't matter.

Articles

I've had a crack at answering the questions.

Part 1: Modern Era Forums
    Election time is a battlefield. Countless people have lost their lives fighting for their cause, which has left EoFF in turmoil. Though a series of ballots, 19 random contestant were chosen from a pool of 20 people to fight for "America's Hot Top Admin". Running through a gauntlet of challenges, such as using a secret ingredients to wow the judges, and winning roses from fair maidens the staff were chosen based on how they performed in front of a life studio audience. The winner 4 winners gained a place as Admins of the Big Brother house EoFF forum. The editors are the runners up whom did not make the cut. The Cid's Knights were those whom were disqualified from competing due to crass and unreasonable behavior. The results were as follows.

Admins:
    Shion - Managed to impress judges on "Iron Chef" by chargrilling cheese while maintaining it's solidity.
    Agent Proto - Won the rose from not one but 8 bachelorettes, 3 bachelor contestants and Uncle WarrenW.
    Denmark - Successfully exported a number of items, including industrial production/manufactured goods 73.3% (of which machinery and instruments were 21.4%, and fuels (oil, natural gas), chemicals, etc. 26%); agricultural products and others for consumption 18.7% (in 2009 meat and meat products were 5.5% of total export; fish and fish products 2.9%).[44]
    Sephex - Surprised the judges on "America's Got Talent" with his 4 man acapella group. His trick was he was the only member of the group, and could sing in harmony with himself.

Editors:
    Scottyffgamer - Impressed the judges with his 4 Man Acapella group, but fell short when he could only emulate 3 voices, rather than 4.
    Shaibana - Impressed 99/100 bachelorettes, Queen Brahne was not impressed.
    The White wizard of Fynn - Appeared on "Survivor", but passed out when he saw a beetle
    Happy Noodle Boy - Took part in "Dancing with the stars" but did not wow the judges with his rendition of the "Macarena"
    Faris - Traded in a Gold Bullion worth $2000 dollars to "Pawn Stars". Left with $4.96 and a used packet of Pokemon cards.

Cid's Knights:

Shauna - Partook in the "Ultimate Fighter". Was disqualified for making the opponent do all the chores, and is currently staring at her boyfriend disapprovingly.
    SmittenKitten - Appeared on "Jersey Shore". No redemption.
    Tifa's Boobs - Was an successful contestant on "The Apprentice", but lost 20 Million Dollars of business capital on the slots. Currently serving Jail Time.
    Mr. Shauna - Semi Finalist on "Project Runway". Was disqualified when his junk was too big for his trunk. Now lives on a diet of ice-cream and shame.
    Chaos 7 - Quarter finalist on "Face Off". Decided to rise to the top by removing faces from other contestants. Currently seeking psychiatric help.
    Gzussaves - Appeared on "Man Versus Wild". Was attacked by a lion pack during the middle of the night. Either presumed dead, or leader of said lion pack.
    Flying Mullet - Semi Finalist on "The Real Housewives" until it was revealed he was a man, which was exposed on live television. Was charged for public indecency
    Formalhaut - Was a contest on "Total Wipeout". He is still exhausted from the gauntlet and it too Wiped Out to compete. Eh? EH!?
    NeoCracker - Was a Guest on "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", punched Honey Boo Boo in the face, and was arrested. Still remains a hero to this day.
    Karifean - Was Johnny Knoxville on "Jackass". Is still nursing the wound from acting in Men in Black 2.

I've only been around a month or two. So it's a tossup between Triple Triad and The Elections. The elections themselves have been pretty fun with all the questions and the awful, awful artworks. Good times.

The only recommendation I would like to see is if someone were to reply to you on a comment, that you receive a notification for that comment. That and if someone mentioned you in a post. Allows me to see whom I've pissed off with greater ease..

Part 2: Final Fantasy: Modern Era

Who is the most sexually attractive character, NPC, boss, etc. in these games? Please provide an explanation and an image of them in a sexy pose. Bonus points will be issued if you include yourself in the drawing.
    Lightning so s3xy. I agree, but vanelle does not. NSFW

What new feature (or features) would you add to FFXIV? What traditional FF elements would you remove? What would you like to see done that has never before been done with a previous Final Fantasy?
    I just started today. Everything seems confusing just now, but I'll get better. Is there green magics, cause I like those.

Part 3: EVERYONE!!!
    Additional question for anyone who is up for it:
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is upon us! Describe how you'd like to see this next world, the plot and bosses of this world. What would you like to see happen in this game that would make it different from the other two?
    I've only played KH1, so I would say returning to Agrabah. Feel that it was the best area of KH1 and I would like to see a return to it in the later games
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 06-29-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Formatting

So i gotta answer these questions? Sorry for my absence.
    "Headstrong and skimpy! I like it!"-Zidane when fighting against Tifa in Dissidia.

we got this XD