Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The First EoFF Official Podcast!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Smile

I finally had a long bus journey (and wait...) so I downloaded it on my Ipod and listened in. And I have to get this funniest quote of the week down right now before I jump right into it:

I thought Atlanta didn't exist?

Oh wait, that's Atlantis [laughter]

While I can't give as much detailed feedback as the others can, I can give a try. Mostly in bullet point form:

• What I really liked was that it was quintessentially EoFF. The first few minutes: poop talk. It was delightful, and this was a recurring theme throughout. I always knew I was listening to EoFF. It always grabbed my attention, even when sections got a bit long winded.
    • In terms of listener length. It was fine for me. I did have to wait for a long enough bus commute, but I felt glad that I had it. I had to wait for a bus for over half an hour and thank God I had a podcast to tide me over until it came. With listener length, you can't please everyone. I think try and get people's responses and try to go for the middle-ground and just stick with it. I had to split my listening in two segments: when I was on my first bus and when I was waiting for the next one. I didn't mind pausing for a bit and continuing later.
    • I agree with more forum inclusion in general but I'm sure that will come in time. What might be nice is a little competition! Similar to my quote of the week (though I'm sure you can think of something a lot more attention grabbing) you could sort of have a competition where the answer is revealed in the next podcast. That 'might' lure people to listen to next week to sate their curiosity. You could perhaps reenact a scene from a Final Fantasy and ask listeners to guess what scene they were enacting. Heck, later on you could even give prizes if you want. Just a thought. Could be terrible.
    • The sound quality was good! Compared to some other podcasts. Only when everyone was speaking did it leave me wondering 'wait what did he say?' but besides those very rare moments, the quality was good!

And... that's basically it. Everything else, everyone has covered in much more detail.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I still haven't gotten around to listening to this, I need to set apart a good chunk of time.
    That's the good thing about buses - they give you puh-lenty of time to sit around and wait.

Blog Entries

I will listen, once I am allowed to sing on the broadcast.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I still haven't gotten around to listening to this, I need to set apart a good chunk of time.
    That's the good thing about buses - they give you puh-lenty of time to sit around and wait.
    My daily commute is 2:30 hours to and fro work combined, as well as a half hour for lunch. It is just my opinion that the length is good as it is at less than 1 hour a show, but in contrast I listen to the Giant Bombcast which is turning into 3:30 hour long weekly shows.

Might just be my curse when it comes to commute xD
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 05-29-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Blog Entries

omg I heard BoB's voice!
    /dead

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!